Encourage or not? Why? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s obvious when you post everyday on here, Mr. Police the police. I’m beginning to think your the gang member we hired a couple years ago. Your a sad excuse for a human being. Why don’t you find a new hobby rather come on here everyday and say the same thing. I’m still with FHP, but I’m man enough to admit we do far from real police work. We don’t “Police the Police” nor will we EVER do that. We are armed insurance investigators making half the salary they make.

You think it’s a joke when mentioning deputies responding to a “stolen candy call” but the reality is we work traffic crashes ???? You could train an eight year old to do this. (And would probably do a better job than you). Mentioning the age, I don’t know another agency in Fl that accepts applicants at 19 years old. Sounds to me in the end, you where denied elsewhere and now your all FHP for life. Now go assist that s76 after your done eating your chipotle.
    That explains why you are miserable and discontent, use a dictionary and learn how to spell a few words. You might be able to find that Disney World you are looking for. Let me guess, you must be one of those affirmative action Troopers that we had no choice in the hiring process. Bye Carlos

YOUR YOU'RE OR YOU ARE.

Unregistered
    It’s obvious when you post everyday on here, Mr. Police the police. I’m beginning to think your the gang member we hired a couple years ago. Your a sad excuse for a human being. Why don’t you find a new hobby rather come on here everyday and say the same thing. I’m still with FHP, but I’m man enough to admit we do far from real police work. We don’t “Police the Police” nor will we EVER do that. We are armed insurance investigators making half the salary they make.

You think it’s a joke when mentioning deputies responding to a “stolen candy call” but the reality is we work traffic crashes ???? You could train an eight year old to do this. (And would probably do a better job than you). Mentioning the age, I don’t know another agency in Fl that accepts applicants at 19 years old. Sounds to me in the end, you where denied elsewhere and now your all FHP for life. Now go assist that s76 after your done eating your chipotle.
    Leave women, last time I checked, the locals are hiring. Oh wait, you must be already a local fired from here.

Unregistered
    Out of the military, I applied to several agencies. Fhp called me first and I needed a job asap, so I accepted.
    After a few years of fhp work, I left and became a deputy for almost 20 years now.
    I have respect for all who wear the badge. But, let's be realistic.
    Fhp is traffic, traffic, and more traffic. Maybe, in this day and time, troopers do more police work than before.
    I read the various comments regarding the SO and PD and the minor calls... Hilarious, by the way... 😂
    Fhp has its function, which we know is traffic enforcement. The PD and SO deal with so many variables that there can never be a comparison.
    In saying that, I'm one who believes that it doesn't take a superman to do police work, just experience.
    Trust me, there is mess in each agency and some local cops need to find another profession.
    Great day to you all who stand ready to confront the enemy, I don't care the color of your uniform.
    To the police the police guy or gals, what a ridiculous thing to posture. What exactly does that imply?
    Fhp has no inherent authority over local cops, must I mention that?
    Let's stop this childish behavior, stop writing each other tickets, and realize we are supposed to be on the same team.

Unregistered
    FHP is far from having their stuff together. Politics and who you know is rampant in every decision. If you're not in the circle, you are out of luck.

Any LEO can show up late, no officer safety skills, arrest the people, and pick a bunch of charges from a list without knowing what they are doing.

But it takes more than just a trooper to have good training, good officer safety skills, know something besides just traffic law, and treat others like they would want to be treated.

FHP has not adapted, changed or improved. Just the way it is. If someone can go to a moderate size agency with similar or better pay, then there are good alternatives.

Unregistered
    Out of the military, I applied to several agencies. Fhp called me first and I needed a job asap, so I accepted.
    After a few years of fhp work, I left and became a deputy for almost 20 years now.
    I have respect for all who wear the badge. But, let's be realistic.
    Fhp is traffic, traffic, and more traffic. Maybe, in this day and time, troopers do more police work than before.
    I read the various comments regarding the SO and PD and the minor calls... Hilarious, by the way... 😂
    Fhp has its function, which we know is traffic enforcement. The PD and SO deal with so many variables that there can never be a comparison.
    In saying that, I'm one who believes that it doesn't take a superman to do police work, just experience.
    Trust me, there is mess in each agency and some local cops need to find another profession.
    Great day to you all who stand ready to confront the enemy, I don't care the color of your uniform.
    To the police the police guy or gals, what a ridiculous thing to posture. What exactly does that imply?
    Fhp has no inherent authority over local cops, must I mention that?
    Let's stop this childish behavior, stop writing each other tickets, and realize we are supposed to be on the same team.
    1900 troopers in 67 different counties. Not all are going to be perfect nor friendly. I know a few deputies where I work that are a$$holes and a bunch that are x8. Not sure where everyone works but in southwest florida, we all have a good relationship with the S.O, with the exception of Glades County, they are not very friendly.

Unregistered
    FHP is far from having their stuff together. Politics and who you know is rampant in every decision. If you're not in the circle, you are out of luck.

Any LEO can show up late, no officer safety skills, arrest the people, and pick a bunch of charges from a list without knowing what they are doing.

But it takes more than just a trooper to have good training, good officer safety skills, know something besides just traffic law, and treat others like they would want to be treated.

FHP has not adapted, changed or improved. Just the way it is. If someone can go to a moderate size agency with similar or better pay, then there are good alternatives.
    Sorry it didn't work you, I have been here 22 years and I dont know what politics you are talking about. Last time I saw my sergeant was 2 weeks ago, not to mention it's been months since I have seen my lieutenant. I like doing traffic and putting a good crash together, if that's not your thing ok. Going to roll call or going to a loud music call was never my thing, I was a city P.O for 3 years.

Unregistered
    Sorry it didn't work you, I have been here 22 years and I dont know what politics you are talking about. Last time I saw my sergeant was 2 weeks ago, not to mention it's been months since I have seen my lieutenant. I like doing traffic and putting a good crash together, if that's not your thing ok. Going to roll call or going to a loud music call was never my thing, I was a city P.O for 3 years.

It's nice not doing 5 domestics every evening or "make my son go to school"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12