Retired Lt. Amos Machanic

Unregistered

Retired Lt. Amos Machanic

Retired Lt. Amos Machanic passed away Thursday night from an apparent Heart Attack. Details will be forthcoming.

Unregistered
    That is some sad news. I worked for him in Central in the early 1980s. He was a great cop and a good human being. May he rest in peace.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That is some sad news. I worked for him in Central in the early 1980s. He was a great cop and a good human being. May he rest in peace.

I worked for him as well and he was GREAT. very sad. His wife worked for us as well. I thought she retired.

Unregistered

Retirement years

I am saddened by the news that yet another one of our retired officers passed away. I’d prefer to hear about retired officers who have lived longer than the years they contributed to their retirement. Does anyone have access to stats regarding our retired officers? I’d specifically like to know how long are our (MDPD) officers living after retirement.

Unregistered
    Sad, Amos came to Central six months after I did. That was when we operated out of the 1320 NW 14 Street Building; now the Public Defenders Office. At one time we worked on the same squad. He was a good man, a fine officer and a courageous backup. I am honored to have worked with him. May God embrace, bless his soul and may he enter our Father's House Justified.

Ignacio Jesús Vázquez, Retired
    September 18, 1972 - June 30, 2003

Post Script: Life is but a brief candle; we don't know how long we are destined to be here. While on this side and fortunate to serve as Dade County deputy sheriffs, do your best; in spite the current tribulations. They have always been with us in one form or another. Should you be fortunate to reach retirement, enjoy each day as if it were you last, for tomorrow is promised to no one.

“The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace.” Numbers 6:24-26

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sad, Amos came to Central six months after I did. That was when we operated out of the 1320 NW 14 Street Building; now the Public Defenders Office. At one time we worked on the same squad. He was a good man, a fine officer and a courageous backup. I am honored to have worked with him. May God embrace, bless his soul and may he enter our Father's House Justified.

Ignacio Jesús Vázquez, Retired
    September 18, 1972 - June 30, 2003

Post Script: Life is but a brief candle; we don't know how long we are destined to be here. While on this side and fortunate to serve as Dade County deputy sheriffs, do your best; in spite the current tribulations. They have always been with us in one form or another. Should you be fortunate to reach retirement, enjoy each day as if it were you last, for tomorrow is promised to no one.

“The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace.” Numbers 6:24-26
    First and Foremost my condolences to LT. Machanic friends and family...RIP AMOS!!! P.S. Mr. Vazquez...I worked for you a brief time (1 month) back in 1997 in my blues before our BLE started, I was Chief Oramas,Chief Brady and yours (go-for) for that brief month (3rd floor headquarters) before our class started at MDCC North..all 3 of you were very professional and respectful at all times..Thank you for your 31 years of service to Miami-Dade County Sir... God Bless....The Dinosaur : )

Unregistered
    :eyeroll: smh