Spring Break - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Break

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Travel restrictions have not been lifted and spring break is not happening.
    Good. Spring break is so 90's. Living in the past is no way to go through life. Oh look at me with my thigh holster and tactical gloves. Oh look at my 5.11 polo complete with shoulder patches. Oh look at my desert sand tactical boots and boonie. Oh look at my five extra mags and belt knife. You get it now?

Unregistered
    Every time we ask about the shoulder patches we were told a committee came up with it. Yet no one will say who was on the committee. My bet is everyone on the committee is too embarrassed to admit they picked that.

Unregistered
    Every time we ask about the shoulder patches we were told a committee came up with it. Yet no one will say who was on the committee. My bet is everyone on the committee is too embarrassed to admit they picked that.
    Nonsense. The decision to go with the current costume was an agency decision. That's right. There were 5 options put to a vote and the majority of those that voted wanted patched polos and khaki pants. The reality is most people here now weren't here when that vote was taken. There is an easy fix though. Stop buying patches and there will be nothing to sew on the polo. That my friend is how Davis Productivity Awards are made!

Unregistered
    Your LT or Capt or both sold you a bag of crap. The invite was literally opened to Anyone willing to go. In my office we laughed and laughed.
    I can confirm this. We opened up statewide to volunteer only and that people who didn't want to go would not be forced. There are already people I saw going who averaged two arrests a day so no we aren't getting the cream of the crop!

Unregistered
    so is spring break happening or not - are people traveling or are they not

Unregistered
    Will anyone even work? Now that possession is gone from our evals this job is cake

Unregistered
    so is spring break happening or not - are people traveling or are they not
    Spring Break happens every year regardless of ABT participation or lack of. If you have activity in your district you will work it. The KPI's don't dictate what you do. In simpler terms, you still have to work 160 hours a pay period no matter what you are evaluated on. I can fill my day with making a few cases and doing the paperwork.

Unregistered

So! What is the Big Plan for 2020??

Have there been any plans made for spring Break 2020?? Is there anyone being sent to either Daytona or Panama?? Or is it to be handled by local Agents only?? IS Overtime being authorized for those that do work it??

Unregistered
    We have unlimited OT in Orlando for spring break. Major said 30k

Unregistered
    I remember it a little differently. Last year it was a north region only event and a few in the south cried like 3 year olds at Walmart. This year it's open to all and now no one wants to go because of OT. Now people are being voluntold to go. Next year and for any future deployment of any kind, your alpha number is the factor. No volunteers and you are Alpha 110? You are going. Simple and predictable. No whining no problem no surprise. For those going, be safe.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast