Seriously George - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    The Greek hatchet strikes again. You can bet if it was one of his prodigy's, KK or CM, this would get swept under the rug. Sorry buddy you should have been Greek. GS is the scourge of the agency.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Really ashame that DUI kid wasn't at the scene. He would have totally missed all the signs and all would be fine today! Just sayin...…..

Unregistered
    Sad how there is no brotherly love and discretion when it comes to brothers in blue when making dui arrests. No way I could arrest another brother officer and sleep at night but pcso is good at doing that as sppd and their own have seen how quickly they can screw their brothers over. It’s called discretion!!! Smh

Unregistered
    No there is not! I'm not about to lose my job because someone made a poor decision and I wouldn't expect someone to risk my job for me! Also, how many deputies and supervisors do you think were in scene when George got x97? I'm thinking a few plus a sergeant and lied.

Unregistered
    He was called in by a supervisor. Did he tell them he had been drinking? If so what was he told to do? There is more to this. This place has people screwed regardless of which direction they go.

Unregistered
    F/U and get your facts straight. We have all been told in CID that if we have been drinking then dont come in. The Major has told us that 1,000 times so dont put this stupid Fukup by Donny on any one but Donny. No one told him to come in and he cud have just been drinking and cant come come. I know I have done that. He was tanked and stumbling drunk. With all the brass on scene no way anything was going to happen other than X15. Donny cooked his own goose and now he needs to move on.Everyone knows X15 for DUI and fired so WTF. Ain’t no damn surprise.

Unregistered
    PCSO gets off on arresting other cops for DUIs that’s a known fact! Your not a cops cop!!

Unregistered
    Wondering about DUI? Was any reason to suspect DUI established before he got out of car? Now there is a multitude of other reasons to get fired for as we all know, if they want you fired, your fired! Reference to the "On Call" deal. Not compensated until you are activiated. Usually there is a designated "On Call" person after hours and weekends, but murders usually have a all hands on deck response. The we all are subject to callout 24/7 is conflating two types of situations. The likelihood of a patrol dep being called into work absent a pending Hurricane or anticipated civil disturbance is almost nill compared to a MAIT or Homicide guy who routinely gets called out after hours. The Agency has long gotten away with not compensating you if you werent called out, but at the same time, have to curtail, drinking, going out of town, etc. so you are available to respond. This is usually handled by unwritten pressures that will get you rolled out if you are unavailable when needed. If there was no reasonable suspicion to stop him prior to getting out of the car, he would have a good chance of winning the criminal arrest if he contest it. He could have been written up for operating agency veh while drinking, showing up to work drinking etc. But that would not have gotten him immediately fired. If he indeed has a drinking problem, he could have been disciplined and sent to mandatory alcohol treatment and then made to sign a employment contract. The Sheriff has decided to make a very questionable DUI arrest. The moral of the story here is the direction the Sheriff chose to handle this.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wondering about DUI? Was any reason to suspect DUI established before he got out of car? Now there is a multitude of other reasons to get fired for as we all know, if they want you fired, your fired! Reference to the "On Call" deal. Not compensated until you are activiated. Usually there is a designated "On Call" person after hours and weekends, but murders usually have a all hands on deck response. The we all are subject to callout 24/7 is conflating two types of situations. The likelihood of a patrol dep being called into work absent a pending Hurricane or anticipated civil disturbance is almost nill compared to a MAIT or Homicide guy who routinely gets called out after hours. The Agency has long gotten away with not compensating you if you werent called out, but at the same time, have to curtail, drinking, going out of town, etc. so you are available to respond. This is usually handled by unwritten pressures that will get you rolled out if you are unavailable when needed. If there was no reasonable suspicion to stop him prior to getting out of the car, he would have a good chance of winning the criminal arrest if he contest it. He could have been written up for operating agency veh while drinking, showing up to work drinking etc. But that would not have gotten him immediately fired. If he indeed has a drinking problem, he could have been disciplined and sent to mandatory alcohol treatment and then made to sign a employment contract. The Sheriff has decided to make a very questionable DUI arrest. The moral of the story here is the direction the Sheriff chose to handle this.
    And what a coincidence that he is lead invest on Drejke. If Drejke is acquitted Bob doesn't look like such an idiot for not having him arrested immediately. Travene is already running his mouth that the case is now a done deal because he was "on another murder scene investigating drunk". Bob used this as an excuse to torpedo the Drejke case and ruined his career to save his own.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    And what a coincidence that he is lead invest on Drejke. If Drejke is acquitted Bob doesn't look like such an idiot for not having him arrested immediately. Travene is already running his mouth that the case is now a done deal because he was "on another murder scene investigating drunk". Bob used this as an excuse to torpedo the Drejke case and ruined his career to save his own.
    Yea it is a coincidence and nothing more. Nice conspiracy theory moron

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast