Seriously George
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Unregistered
    Cheers!

Plenty of newbies waiting to take his place.

Unregistered
    No one and I do mean no one is surprised by this.

Unregistered
    That’s sad. And there is nothing funny about this. Alcoholism is a big problem in law enforcement. So he has that issue and gets fired, loses all his benefits and has to find a job to somehow pay bills the way he did before. This instant firing shit is ridiculous. I hope someone claims ADA for alcoholism and stops this bullshit throwing away of deputies. They should be punished and suspended, but they should also be given some ****ing help for their problem. We don’t work at Walt Disney World and we are not cheer leaders. This is a shifty job at times that causes stress. This is an extreme response.

Unregistered
    A lot of folks will be saying they can’t come in for a call out now. It’s not worth it to drive after a sip of booze.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    A lot of folks will be saying they can’t come in for a call out now. It’s not worth it to drive after a sip of booze.
    Just call in sick. Beats losing your job because Bob wants to fire DUIs or those refusing to blow without due process.

Unregistered
    That’s sad. And there is nothing funny about this. Alcoholism is a big problem in law enforcement. So he has that issue and gets fired, loses all his benefits and has to find a job to somehow pay bills the way he did before. This instant firing shit is ridiculous. I hope someone claims ADA for alcoholism and stops this bullshit throwing away of deputies. They should be punished and suspended, but they should also be given some ****ing help for their problem. We don’t work at Walt Disney World and we are not cheer leaders. This is a shifty job at times that causes stress. This is an extreme response.
    He was convicted of it before. Just sayin

Unregistered
    He was convicted of it before. Just sayin
    He was convicted of it over 22 years ago dumbass. He wasn’t out partying at a bar acting like an idiot. He had a few drinks at home then got called out. He would have never heard the end of it if he didn’t come out. There is so much pressure on CAP to make every callout. Not to mention he’s a homicide detective, does it surprise anyone that atleast a few aren’t drinking to cope with the insane amount of murders and sexual battery cases they have to work. This could have been handled so different! Getting rid of an amazing 13 year Deputy, instead of suspending him and getting him help, is absolutely ridiculous. It will take years to train someone up to be able to do that job the way it needs to be done. Our agency has failed another member who has given a good amount of his life to do a thankless job and work the crappiest cases that nobody else in this world would want to work.

Unregistered
    This guy is at home. He should be permitted to do whatever he wants at home. Firing someone that was at home minding their own business because they were drinking when you called them out of the blue to go to a murder scene is not the correct thing to do. The environment should exist where a deputy should be able to tell command "hey, I would really like to go but I've had a few drinks and I don't think it would be a good idea" without feeling pressured to drive. When I am elected Sheriff in 2020 I will rehire him if he is interested and he can stay along as there are no issues with alcohol driving or at work.

Signed
    James McLynas

Unregistered
    Your issues are worse than I thought. Get help James!!! You will not be elected.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast