Northside abandoned - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Triple shooting and stabbing

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Very appropriate post.
    Especially the last sentence

I worked central from Jan1983 to Aug1984 (when I got tsfd because per my LT, "we're afraid you're gonna cause your own riot").

Sometimes we'd have 2-3 shootings a shift (in the summer), and that was just the afternoon shift. I worked area 2, everything south of the RR tracks back then.

For my 3rd yearly evaluation my sgt sat me down to let me know that a leave printout accompanies every evaluation package, and that he could tell that I had not taken any leave the whole year. so he checked and found that I didn't take any leave in year 2 either. and he said I know you didn't take any leave in year 1 cause you didn't have any.

he wanted to know how come I didn't take any vacation. so I told him the truth: I didn't want to miss a good 330.

THAT'S how many shootings there were back in the day. so this recent shooting activity IS NOT NEWS or NEWSWORTHY.
    it has been going on before any of us who are still alive became police officers and will continue long after we have all died.

that's just HOW IT IS.

the only thing that has changed is the current obsession with 24/7/365 news coverage---------very few of the 330s back in the day ever made the news (unless it involved a tourist).

it's exactly what my 1st (the best) FTO told me: It's just 8 hours of entertainment a day (and when it ceases to be that you need to find a new job).
    RIP LT. Tom Leis ---one of best out of central!!!

Unregistered

nobody from nowhere

RIP LT. Tom Leis ---one of best out of central!!!

I worked for Leis also (although he is not the Sgt I referred to regarding leave time, that was Castaner)

you are right, Leis was a great Sgt and great supervisor to work for when he first came to Central (3B).

but subsequent to shooting out the tires of the (stolen) ice cream truck, he did a 180 and turned into a back stabbing nightmare. its as if that incident gave the evil aftn LT (Coney) some type of leverage over Leis cause Leis was never the same guy again.

his exploits on Key Biscayne are the stuff of (not positive) LEGEND. (check with William Monahan for a succinct synopsis of all that).

it pains me greatly to see his name and Joey Martin's name mentioned together because they died only a few days apart.

Joey Martin was a superb human being and a great cop.

not trying to be negative or disrespectful, just calling it with 20/20 vision.

Unregistered
    I worked for Leis also (although he is not the Sgt I referred to regarding leave time, that was Castaner)

you are right, Leis was a great Sgt and great supervisor to work for when he first came to Central (3B).

but subsequent to shooting out the tires of the (stolen) ice cream truck, he did a 180 and turned into a back stabbing nightmare. its as if that incident gave the evil aftn LT (Coney) some type of leverage over Leis cause Leis was never the same guy again.

his exploits on Key Biscayne are the stuff of (not positive) LEGEND. (check with William Monahan for a succinct synopsis of all that).

it pains me greatly to see his name and Joey Martin's name mentioned together because they died only a few days apart.

Joey Martin was a superb human being and a great cop.

not trying to be negative or disrespectful, just calling it with 20/20 vision.

Castaner was good people too! RIP Eric. The savages have been killing each other for centuries, but we still have to protect the "good" people in Northside. I worked Central/Northside for many years and there are a lot of good people who don't want or deserve this nonsense.

Unregistered

Northside's Good People

Couldn't agree with you more. The majority of the residents just want to be left alone and free from the tyranny of the thugs. If you just talk to them and provide some protection, they will would talk to us and at times provide critical information as to who the thugs were. More than once I had residents call me and provide crucial information as to the identity of a violent offender. The problem now is that we are practicing reactive policing instead of proactive policing. Rarely do you see an officer patrolling the areas of Annie Coleman, pork and beans, etc.

Back in the day (mid 80's to mid 90's, we were allowed to be proactive, not abusive, and we did jump outs, road blocks, prostitution stings, and yes RID & TNT could do their jobs. At one time we could actually chase offenders and we had mini-stations in the Scott-Carver Public Housing Complex; what a novel idea!

The majority of our personnel, supervisors and officers such as Sgt. Bob Edwards and Lt. Tom Leis and others, were decent and hard working professionals, who considered Northside to be their turf where they took ownership. Regretfully, with few exceptions, these days are gone.

The expansion of the Miami-Dade Commission from 6 to 13 members insured that politics would rule. That's why Director Fred Taylor retired early. The political interference became unbearable.

Unregistered
    PBA should speak up. But, good luck on that.

Unregistered
    Thats right where is the PBA? How come they aren’t helping.

Unregistered
    Arrests here are at a all time low but its more due to all theprevioys hard work done arresting repeat offenders. The current big brass enjoys the lower crime rate but never contributed to it. The mass incarceration works to lower crime prisons full = low crime!
    But years of no arrests and trump in collusion with liberals to let bad guys out watch whats coming!

Unregistered
    Arrests here are at a all time low but its more due to all theprevioys hard work done arresting repeat offenders. The current big brass enjoys the lower crime rate but never contributed to it. The mass incarceration works to lower crime prisons full = low crime!
    But years of no arrests and trump in collusion with liberals to let bad guys out watch whats coming!
    "Trump" you meant Obama right who had more pardon than the eight presidents put together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12