Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Northside abandoned

First it was TNT and RID then CST now:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...223634775.html

Unregistered
    Wow very accurate

Unregistered
    Where is chief comma and the Northside command. Hiding or planning parties and lunches. Typical. Blame the cops.

Unregistered
    MDPD & JP will only respond and turn on the fake tears for blacks that get killed.

Unregistered
    Folks, many of y'all are forgetting that these same neighborhoods don't want us there! They consider us a neccessary evil and blame us for harassement and intimidation the moment we go in and lay down a strong hand in the area. While I don't like JP or Gimenez, I agree with their tactics. Place your resources where they are REQUIRED(by STATE LAW) and not just placed for a dog and pony show. Unfortunately, nothing will ever stop the murder, thug culture in NS...it's been a way of life for generations and will continue to be that way.

Unregistered
    Do like corrections, hire only blacks.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do like corrections, hire only blacks.
    It's getting like that already in Police..just YouTube the academy class graduations..makes you wonder who the real racists are...I applied with county corrections a few years back and never heard a word,even called down there and left a verbal message to a Bravo Foxtrot on her voicemail, absolutely nothing!!

Unregistered

nobody from nowhere

Folks, many of y'all are forgetting that these same neighborhoods don't want us there! They consider us a neccessary evil and blame us for harassement and intimidation the moment we go in and lay down a strong hand in the area. While I don't like JP or Gimenez, I agree with their tactics. Place your resources where they are REQUIRED(by STATE LAW) and not just placed for a dog and pony show. Unfortunately, nothing will ever stop the murder, thug culture in NS...it's been a way of life for generations and will continue to be that way.

Very appropriate post.
    Especially the last sentence

I worked central from Jan1983 to Aug1984 (when I got tsfd because per my LT, "we're afraid you're gonna cause your own riot").

Sometimes we'd have 2-3 shootings a shift (in the summer), and that was just the afternoon shift. I worked area 2, everything south of the RR tracks back then.

For my 3rd yearly evaluation my sgt sat me down to let me know that a leave printout accompanies every evaluation package, and that he could tell that I had not taken any leave the whole year. so he checked and found that I didn't take any leave in year 2 either. and he said I know you didn't take any leave in year 1 cause you didn't have any.

he wanted to know how come I didn't take any vacation. so I told him the truth: I didn't want to miss a good 330.

THAT'S how many shootings there were back in the day. so this recent shooting activity IS NOT NEWS or NEWSWORTHY.
    it has been going on before any of us who are still alive became police officers and will continue long after we have all died.

that's just HOW IT IS.

the only thing that has changed is the current obsession with 24/7/365 news coverage---------very few of the 330s back in the day ever made the news (unless it involved a tourist).

it's exactly what my 1st (the best) FTO told me: It's just 8 hours of entertainment a day (and when it ceases to be that you need to find a new job).

Unregistered
    Very appropriate post.

I worked central from Jan1983 to Aug1984 (when I got tsfd because per my LT, "we're afraid you're gonna cause your own riot").

Sometimes we'd have 2-3 shootings a shift (in the summer), and that was just the afternoon shift. I worked area 2, everything south of the RR tracks back then.

For my 3rd yearly evaluation my sgt sat me down to let me know that a leave printout accompanies every evaluation package, and that he could tell that I had not taken any leave the whole year. so he checked and found that I didn't take any leave in year 2 either. and he said I know you didn't take any leave in year 1 cause you didn't have any.

he wanted to know how come I didn't take any vacation. so I told him the truth: I didn't want to miss a good 330.

THAT'S how many shootings there were back in the day. so this recent shooting activity IS NOT NEWS or NEWSWORTHY.
    it has been going on before any of us who are still alive became police officers and will continue long after we have all died.

that's just HOW IT IS.

the only thing that has changed is the current obsession with 24/7/365 news coverage---------very few of the 330s back in the day ever made the news (unless it involved a tourist).

it's exactly what my 1st (the best) FTO told me: It's just 8 hours of entertainment a day (and when it ceases to be that you need to find a new job).

correction: Jan1983 to Aug1986

Unregistered

nobody from nowhere

Very appropriate post.

that's just HOW IT IS.

CORRECTION: Jan1983 to Aug1986

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast