Good advice wanted

Unregistered

Good advice wanted

Im a FL resident and in need of a job. Bottom line. Ive read all these posts about how horrible FDC is and my plan would be to get my foot in the door ONLY.
    I value all your opinions!
    Advice on my plan? My plan: at age 52 with a completely flawless background but no college degree, get in with FDC, get certified and go SO corrections and FRS.... Thoughts???

Unregistered
    Best bet is Corrections with local Sheriff or Prison. Parole and Probation require 4 year degree.

Unregistered
    At 52, you don't need to waste time. Apply at the local SO to be a corrections officer and if they won't hire you, then do FDC as a last resort.

Unregistered
    It's a job and steady paycheck. I went there during my time of need, got through my financial crisis, and later found something better.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    At 52, you don't need to waste time. Apply at the local SO to be a corrections officer and if they won't hire you, then do FDC as a last resort.
    I second that - good advice.

Practically every county jail is hiring right now and any of them would be better than DOC.

Unregistered
    Agree, P&P has some perks the biggest being making your own schedule, but they will not even look at you unless you have a 4 year. Local is the best bet.

Unregistered

Thanks!

Thanks for the great advice! I did though, go to RMC and took the silly BAT test. She liked my app so much she didnt even interview me. She told me to wait for test results and then a start date will be handed out.