Murder/Suicide -- "Why is this occurring? I wish I knew,"

Unregistered

Murder/Suicide -- "Why is this occurring? I wish I knew,"

How often do murder/suicide incidents occur at the average law enforcement agency?

Once every 175 years or so? Or much less frequent than that?

WHY has it happened TWICE in THREE MONTHS at the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office?

WHY?

Why does HCSO no just blow the average out of the ball park, but absolutely annihilates the average?

There has to be a reason.

What does this say about our agency?

"I wish I knew" is just not going to cut it.

The employees and the citizens, EVERYONE deserves answers.

Unregistered
    STFU you wannabe troll

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How often do murder/suicide incidents occur at the average law enforcement agency?

Once every 175 years or so? Or much less frequent than that?

WHY has it happened TWICE in THREE MONTHS at the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office?

WHY?

Why does HCSO no just blow the average out of the ball park, but absolutely annihilates the average?

There has to be a reason.

What does this say about our agency?

"I wish I knew" is just not going to cut it.

The employees and the citizens, EVERYONE deserves answers.
    Exactly! Exactly this! Come work here and find out! Nothing anyone does is good enough. Everything is wrong. Its all about we are gona get sued fired and wrote up. Read up on training and managing through negative feedback only. Everyone is paranoid all the time! Its like working for a giant boarderline personality OCD paranoid schizophrenic moron. This agency tears itself apart constantly based on precieved paranoid delusions that the public does not even care about. The public wants their god damn houses and cars patrolled at night to prevent burglaries. They want us to show up quick, find their stuff, and arrest the bad guys. Thats it! We dont even do any of that because we are too worried about fluff and image! Now times that for 30 years. How much can human being take? The only way to get away from the garbage is to “join them”. Or as I see it, Stockholm Syndrome. These poor guys start CLAWING for advancemen to fit in and avoid being a target. Just like our STFU QUIT loser. He is ate up with this. Its the only way he feels protected. With blind loyalty. In the end he and all of us are just as vulnerable to being used as an example so someone else can progress. We are nothing but driftwood to rank chasers trying to Escape the expendable sacrificial front lines and fit in with the command for a false security. Suicide is not the answer. This job is not that important. STFU guy is right about one thing. Quitting is the best course of action. My main mission in life now is to find another career. This place is an insane zoo. The public has absolutly no idea that a circus show is protecting them. Strawn was ate up with this identity destroying agency. He came back after retiring (why?). When I retire, ill never look back and will never soeak of this agency and thankless worthlesd career. He was on the radio during his crime and suicide. Why? Why have the agency on his mind during the insanity? Think about it. What heppened to his identity?

Back to the basics HCSO!!! We dont need a god damn tree lighting!! WE NEED A MID SHIFT!!! WE NEED MORE DEPUTIES!!!! WE WANT TO GO HOME ON TIME!!! Stop with the fluff!! More deputies! Distribute the stress! Why is our citizen to officer ratio a national low??? Get us home to our families!

There is no excuse for what he did, but twice in 3 months? Interesting. I will tell you that working here does not feel right. The treatment is terribly uncomfortable. All while dealing with the baseline dangers of being a cop in general. I cant imagine 30 years of it.

Unregistered
    Exactly! Exactly this! Come work here and find out! Nothing anyone does is good enough. Everything is wrong. Its all about we are gona get sued fired and wrote up. Read up on training and managing through negative feedback only. Everyone is paranoid all the time! Its like working for a giant boarderline personality OCD paranoid schizophrenic moron. This agency tears itself apart constantly based on precieved paranoid delusions that the public does not even care about. The public wants their god damn houses and cars patrolled at night to prevent burglaries. They want us to show up quick, find their stuff, and arrest the bad guys. Thats it! We dont even do any of that because we are too worried about fluff and image! Now times that for 30 years. How much can human being take? The only way to get away from the garbage is to “join them”. Or as I see it, Stockholm Syndrome. These poor guys start CLAWING for advancemen to fit in and avoid being a target. Just like our STFU QUIT loser. He is ate up with this. Its the only way he feels protected. With blind loyalty. In the end he and all of us are just as vulnerable to being used as an example so someone else can progress. We are nothing but driftwood to rank chasers trying to Escape the expendable sacrificial front lines and fit in with the command for a false security. Suicide is not the answer. This job is not that important. STFU guy is right about one thing. Quitting is the best course of action. My main mission in life now is to find another career. This place is an insane zoo. The public has absolutly no idea that a circus show is protecting them. Strawn was ate up with this identity destroying agency. He came back after retiring (why?). When I retire, ill never look back and will never soeak of this agency and thankless worthlesd career. He was on the radio during his crime and suicide. Why? Why have the agency on his mind during the insanity? Think about it. What heppened to his identity?

Back to the basics HCSO!!! We dont need a god damn tree lighting!! WE NEED A MID SHIFT!!! WE NEED MORE DEPUTIES!!!! WE WANT TO GO HOME ON TIME!!! Stop with the fluff!! More deputies! Distribute the stress! Why is our citizen to officer ratio a national low??? Get us home to our families!

There is no excuse for what he did, but twice in 3 months? Interesting. I will tell you that working here does not feel right. The treatment is terribly uncomfortable. All while dealing with the baseline dangers of being a cop in general. I cant imagine 30 years of it.
    Bye bye, coward. Weakling.

Unregistered

Well said but unfortunately they choose not to want to look at the problems because lets be honest... They don't affect them. Simply said, if it doesn't affect them they don't care. Once you learn that its an us vs. them mentality things get easier. Like you said the only solution is to get out. They are coming down on guys that simply do their jobs, and quiet frankly do them better than most of the slugs that work there. Instead they want to side with the supervisors who are writing these guys up, and flat out lies... But, they probably have dirt on those above them, etc etc... It's a no brainier why more and more guys leave every day. And they wonder why guys get lazier and lazier on patrol, because they simply have no backup (literally and figuratively). Lets just look at some facts here, no one else in the bay area is as short handed as HCSO... Wonder why