Florida DOC sidearm

Unregistered

Florida DOC sidearm

I am wondering what the standard issue firearm is for Florida DOC? Can't find it anywhere and was thinking about getting one before the academy.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am wondering what the standard issue firearm is for Florida DOC? Can't find it anywhere and was thinking about getting one before the academy.
    Where do you work? Don't you have a supervisor? Ask him or her and not on LEO affairs unless you are just trying to sir up some BS about non issued firearms. I think its pretty obvious what you are trying to do. You are just a butt pirate with nothing to do except talk to your goldfish.

Unregistered
    Actually I am in CA and moving to FL in month....can you explain what is "fairly obvious"?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The standard issue firearm is a Mauser C-96.

Unregistered
    Most carry Glocks 9MM but you have to purchase yourself. Not all carry (most oldtimers that need to retire). However the last statistic I saw was 70%. Everyone in my office has a firearm. I expect soon it will be mandatory for new hires.

Unregistered
    The standard issue is PPSh-41

Unregistered
    High Point C9. It's cheap just like the politicians who determine the FDC budget and our pay.