Suicide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suicide

Unregistered

Suicide

To the men and women of law enforcement. Thank you for what you do each and every day. Thank you for being there, even when people act awful towards law and order in our messed up society. Thank you for being away from your family and friends overnight, during bad weather, during storms and crisis, and during Holidays. Thank you for shielding us from evil in this world. This deputy murder-suicide is so very sad, but there is so much pressure on our men and women serving in this powder keg, thankless job. You will be broad-stroked and judged because of what this one deputy has done, but I hope this doesn't deter you. It is just the way society is anymore. If you are pressured, seek God, seek help, call or talk to someone...anyone. In my eyes, you are good humans doing a thankless job from an unsympathetic society. But, know this. There are still plenty of citizens that support you. I am one of them. I can only imagine what your department is going through right now. Those on the radio that were powerless to reach this deputy's hardened heart and mind. Those that responded to see one of their own take his own life. And, most importantly, the family members that were killed by your brother in arms. This is not about defending the deputy or anyone else. I just wanted to say that you are all human, that you are loved, and that we need to always look for signs of distress and despair in each other. None of us are perfect as we are all just human beings trying to get along. For what its worth, I will be praying for each of you tonight whether you believe or not. I just want, if anything else, to hope for something better in all of us. I bid each of you safety, good will, and my thanks for a job well done. God bless our emergency responders.

Sincerely,
    A random civilian

Unregistered
    Big jabronie!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    To the men and women of law enforcement. Thank you for what you do each and every day. Thank you for being there, even when people act awful towards law and order in our messed up society. Thank you for being away from your family and friends overnight, during bad weather, during storms and crisis, and during Holidays. Thank you for shielding us from evil in this world. This deputy murder-suicide is so very sad, but there is so much pressure on our men and women serving in this powder keg, thankless job. You will be broad-stroked and judged because of what this one deputy has done, but I hope this doesn't deter you. It is just the way society is anymore. If you are pressured, seek God, seek help, call or talk to someone...anyone. In my eyes, you are good humans doing a thankless job from an unsympathetic society. But, know this. There are still plenty of citizens that support you. I am one of them. I can only imagine what your department is going through right now. Those on the radio that were powerless to reach this deputy's hardened heart and mind. Those that responded to see one of their own take his own life. And, most importantly, the family members that were killed by your brother in arms. This is not about defending the deputy or anyone else. I just wanted to say that you are all human, that you are loved, and that we need to always look for signs of distress and despair in each other. None of us are perfect as we are all just human beings trying to get along. For what its worth, I will be praying for each of you tonight whether you believe or not. I just want, if anything else, to hope for something better in all of us. I bid each of you safety, good will, and my thanks for a job well done. God bless our emergency responders.

Sincerely,
    A random civilian
    Thank you!

Unfortunately, our mental health is the last thing on the minds of our commanders, county, govt, or anyone. Its go go go more more more with less less less. We are busier than we ever been and more short handed than we ever been. They are harder on us more than ever with no positive feedback and barely any more benifit of the doubt. Its all about dont get fired, sued, or complained on and politics instead of being a team. Worse part is this is mainly on the front lines. We actually have a lot of deputies and employees in pretty nice safe positions in offices. Which is why, when there is trouble, its always a street deputy or essential detective. Because they take 95% of the stress. The rest have a buffer. They need to distribute the weight and exposure far more evenly. If they dont, THEY DO NOT CARE.

Unregistered

Sincerely,
    A random civilian
    Thanks for taking the time to write this. I pray that you continue to believe in our mission and support us regardless of the ocasional negative things you hear or experience from law enforcement. Continue to spread positivity about us. I can do or say something nice to 100 people who don’t mention to one other their positive encounter with a cop that day but when I have to be tough with 1 person because of their actions they will tell 100 people about their negative experience with a cop.

I didn’t know Deputy strawn too well but I knew him. Just thinking about this tragedy makes me hurt inside right now. There is no justification for the atrocious actions he made before he took his life but I have to believe that he used to be a good man who truly was suffering from severe depression and mental health disorders. I wish the system could have saved him and his family, i wish someone somewhere could have seen or heard something and said something and he could have gotten the help he needed before this.

There is a stigma associated with a law enforcement officer who needs help to cope with stress, anxiety, depression, ptsd, substance abuse. They say you can come forward without repercussion but for most who do there is a repercussion, so we bottle up in fear that someone might see us cracking on the pressure. The administrators and “leaders” need to do more to take care of their troop. 2 murder suicides from 2 hcso deputies in 3 months, something has got to give.

Unregistered
    Thanks for taking the time to write this. I pray that you continue to believe in our mission and support us regardless of the ocasional negative things you hear or experience from law enforcement. Continue to spread positivity about us. I can do or say something nice to 100 people who don’t mention to one other their positive encounter with a cop that day but when I have to be tough with 1 person because of their actions they will tell 100 people about their negative experience with a cop.

I didn’t know Deputy strawn too well but I knew him. Just thinking about this tragedy makes me hurt inside right now. There is no justification for the atrocious actions he made before he took his life but I have to believe that he used to be a good man who truly was suffering from severe depression and mental health disorders. I wish the system could have saved him and his family, i wish someone somewhere could have seen or heard something and said something and he could have gotten the help he needed before this.

There is a stigma associated with a law enforcement officer who needs help to cope with stress, anxiety, depression, ptsd, substance abuse. They say you can come forward without repercussion but for most who do there is a repercussion, so we bottle up in fear that someone might see us cracking on the pressure. The administrators and “leaders” need to do more to take care of their troop. 2 murder suicides from 2 hcso deputies in 3 months, something has got to give.
    Maybe the Sheriff will start looking into the serious moral issues that are taking place and have been for some years at the agency. It's not all what it appears to be on the surface. Many guys are getting consistently messed with my their supervisors just because they don't like them, or the supervisors are trying to cover up for themselves. The boots on the ground feel like the agency is against them, instead of for them like it should be. This should be a wake up call... RIP brother.

Unregistered
    Maybe the Sheriff will start looking into the serious moral issues that are taking place and have been for some years at the agency. It's not all what it appears to be on the surface. Many guys are getting consistently messed with my their supervisors just because they don't like them, or the supervisors are trying to cover up for themselves. The boots on the ground feel like the agency is against them, instead of for them like it should be. This should be a wake up call... RIP brother.
    Yup! Im nice to people all day long and help people all day long. I find missing kids, push cars off the road for people and give them rides home, put my ass on the line, and jump through hoops for multimillion dollar businesses so they can proft, I give advice, and so on... Yet the only time anyone gets 10-19’ed back to the office is for the few times some moron makes a complaint for not getting their way. The HCSO fails to concider the sources of complaints, ie methheads and liars and so on. Also, when was the last time a three ring binder full of comendations and training certificates meant anything? All that is remembered is the negative. The leadership here is gone! I wish I was in a position where I could quit and go work for a real company. The scared micromanagers on the front end are a cancer. Real leaders in the corporal and sergeant positions are very few and far between.

Unregistered
    Damn good point

Unregistered

Also, 211 is BS. All they do is send an untrained cop to your door step and throw you in Grace Point. A revolving door crap facility for crazy bums. The answer is a cop then Baker act. Then you are fired. Total BS. There is no external help. At a minimum, EAP may help. Best bet is pay cash and go to a real psychologist. Not a LMHC joke. Cash only. They can track mental health appointments through our insurance to use against us later like a justified shooting or something. Also, dont forget to hire your own lawyer for that. No one is on our side. Like I always said, we are the disposible throw down pawns.

Unregistered
    I was working, I heard it, in al of its ugliness there was some sincere moments.

Unregistered
    I was working, I heard it, in al of its ugliness there was some sincere moments.
    I guess he made it pretty well known that one supervisor was not good to him and could have had something to do with his decision.... But as with everything that will probably not be addressed or get out... SAD ! Hopefully things change before more people continue to leave and the others that stay will probably get f*cked with...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast