Fed Judge tosses Parkland lawsuit. Cops/schools had no duty to protect students - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

So stupid

Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    One thing that should have been looked into much more closely was the 2 school staff rewinding the video. Is there technological evidence that this rewind really happened? Or, was the camera already on a delay in case there was something that they needed to manage? If they did rewind, their reasoning for doing so was most likely based on their interest in how Cruz entered the campus and how that detail would reflect on them. Something stinks here. The reason that they gave made no sense. They were sent to the camera to determine the present location of the suspect. They should be charged with evidence tampering.
    My God you have to be the most unintelligent dips**t I have ever had to endure on this forum. It is mindless dimwits like you that are the reason we need cops and firefighters in the first place. You must walk into things all the time cause you are so stupid. Let me type slow so you and your dumb friends can comprehend. The reason the school staff went into the video room, was to try to locate the shooter in real time. Being that the shooting stopped before any cops got on to the campus, and no more shots were fired after the final shot, the staff backed the video up (they hit rewind like you do on your VCR when there is brief full frontal nudity in a movie you rented from Red Box) to the beginning of the event (around 2:19pm). The idea was to try to use the recorded video to locate the shooter. They then began playing it forward until they saw the shooter enter. Once they spotted him on the video, they began describing his movements to BSO over the radio. All of the confusion came from when BSO asked the school staff in the video room, if they were watching it live or was it delayed, in the confusion, a staff member said it was live video. That was relayed to the BSO deputies and CSPD who were making their way through Bldg 1200. This confusion slowed down the process of clearing the building of the shooter and finding all of the injured students. It was not intentional. It is not a conspiracy. The Russians did not hack the DVR. It would have been nice if a cop had gone into the camera room and coordinated the effort. Many on scene believed there was a cop in the room. Now there you have it. Now go get back into your helmet and harness before you hurt yourself.

Answer

Fired

Would a courthouse deputy be charged with inaction if a spectator headed for the bench or toward one of the attorneys, or anyone in the courtroom besides the defendant who is in custody? Wouldn't the spectator be considered a third party and the rest of the courtroom non-custodial citizens?
    The courthouse deputy might be fired for not acting. Likely for cowardice or violating some policy. Just like Peterson was illegally fired without due process. But no one could sue him and he certainly would not be charged with a crime.

Yeah No!

Not so much

Actually, you’re wrong, there are things far worse than death. Peterson would have suffered far less had he courageously given his life at least trying to save those kids. He will carry their deaths all the way to his grave, laying on his bed as an old man, wishing he had another chance to die a hero. Instead it will be a quiet insignificant death without honor.

Trying to save lives never makes the situation worse, spoken like a true coward. Which by the way, he will carry that title all the way to his grave. The worst thing you can do to a man is take his manhood away. He has been stripped of that forever.

Reading your cowardly words here makes me wanna puke. Go back to your tree in Parkland. Cops are a strange bunch, but it’s not people hating what he failed to do that day that will haunt him, it’s his own conscience. That’s better than cash in the bank. Believe it.
    Sorry Mr. Petty or is it Pollock this time. But your 15 minutes of fame are over. But before I go on, I want you to know that I am sorry for your loss. Your children were beautiful, amazing people with their entire lives ahead of them. No one can even begin to imagine the pain of you loss. However, being killed by a POS like Cruz could never be better than living. Especially with a nice fat pension the rest of your life that you earned over 33 years. Yes. Peterson will live with knowing that kids died on his watch. Everyone working that day will carry that with them forever. But your sad attempt at trying to mind f**k Peterson into a deep depression is pointless. Not everyone blames Dep. Peterson for this actions or inactions. In fact, you would have to be a fool to even assign him blame. You really need help with your misplaced anger. This whole event was set in motion over years of mistakes and liberal thinking. All your Parkland friends who have sued the school over the years to keep out of control, disruptive, dangerous kids included in public schools so YOU can feel normal, have created this situation. Do you have any idea how many times Parkland parents threatened to sue Peterson and the school staff for taking disciplinary action on their precious child? Not to mention the ones who used their power and influence to run to the school board and cry foul anytime their child was written up or suspended. Parkland kids, and many other areas for that matter, have been “hands off!” Schools are not safe. They never have been. Some in Broward still are not! Stop trying to blame this on the person or people who RE-ACTED that day and tried to stop a runaway train. One that was set in motion many years ago with the help of a bunch of privileged people who think they are above the law and way more important than everyone else. Cruz was a product of that place. From Park Trails Elm, to Westglades, to MSD. And let’s not forget that he was out of the school system for over a year. He even left the county. Left to a society who does not want to deal with or pay for people suffering from mental illness. Blaming the cops for everything that is wrong with society and not getting there fast enough when everything goes wrong won’t solve a thing. The next active shooter will likely reveal the same kind of response. Confusion, miscommunication, disorganization, and yes, maybe some cowardice. There is not a cop out there who wouldn’t love the opportunity to get a kill shot on an active shooter. Some are just a little less motivated than others to get themselves killed. Knowing this, it’s time to start figuring out how to keep active shooters out of schools in the first place and not wait until 34 are shot, to call 911.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer View Post
    The courthouse deputy might be fired for not acting. Likely for cowardice or violating some policy. Just like Peterson was illegally fired without due process. But no one could sue him and he certainly would not be charged with a crime.
    Peterson wasn’t fired, he resigned aka retired.

Unregistered
    Several months ago, some nut drove poured gas on herself and drove into a substation in South Broward. If the painters hadn't come to the rescue, and sworn LE had been nearby and saw fellow officers on the floor burning and bleeding with injuries, would their assistance be optional?

Did the deputy asking for his leg back just have good luck that day that another deputy shot that "third party'?

Why do students have an issued ID number and wear identification if the relationship is not custodial?
    Its to keep lawsuits from getting out of hand for agencies. I am not 100% sure but I think the case law mostly started with people complaining the police didn't protect them from people they had no contact/protection orders with and things like that.

The custodial part is to do with the police/state themselves so the courts say they don't have a duty to keep you safe unless they took you into custody - arrest and/or Baker Act etc.

Unregistered
    Actually, you’re wrong, there are things far worse than death. Peterson would have suffered far less had he courageously given his life at least trying to save those kids. He will carry their deaths all the way to his grave, laying on his bed as an old man, wishing he had another chance to die a hero. Instead it will be a quiet insignificant death without honor.

Trying to save lives never makes the situation worse, spoken like a true coward. Which by the way, he will carry that title all the way to his grave. The worst thing you can do to a man is take his manhood away. He has been stripped of that forever.

Reading your cowardly words here makes me wanna puke. Go back to your tree in Parkland. Cops are a strange bunch, but it’s not people hating what he failed to do that day that will haunt him, it’s his own conscience. That’s better than cash in the bank. Believe it.
    I agree and could never live with myself after something like that. He will be shunned as a coward that let kids die the rest of his life. It wouldn't shock me if he took his own life eventually after something like that.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah No! View Post
    Sorry Mr. Petty or is it Pollock this time. But your 15 minutes of fame are over. But before I go on, I want you to know that I am sorry for your loss. Your children were beautiful, amazing people with their entire lives ahead of them. No one can even begin to imagine the pain of you loss. However, being killed by a POS like Cruz could never be better than living. Especially with a nice fat pension the rest of your life that you earned over 33 years. Yes. Peterson will live with knowing that kids died on his watch. Everyone working that day will carry that with them forever. But your sad attempt at trying to mind f**k Peterson into a deep depression is pointless. Not everyone blames Dep. Peterson for this actions or inactions. In fact, you would have to be a fool to even assign him blame. You really need help with your misplaced anger. This whole event was set in motion over years of mistakes and liberal thinking. All your Parkland friends who have sued the school over the years to keep out of control, disruptive, dangerous kids included in public schools so YOU can feel normal, have created this situation. Do you have any idea how many times Parkland parents threatened to sue Peterson and the school staff for taking disciplinary action on their precious child? Not to mention the ones who used their power and influence to run to the school board and cry foul anytime their child was written up or suspended. Parkland kids, and many other areas for that matter, have been “hands off!” Schools are not safe. They never have been. Some in Broward still are not! Stop trying to blame this on the person or people who RE-ACTED that day and tried to stop a runaway train. One that was set in motion many years ago with the help of a bunch of privileged people who think they are above the law and way more important than everyone else. Cruz was a product of that place. From Park Trails Elm, to Westglades, to MSD. And let’s not forget that he was out of the school system for over a year. He even left the county. Left to a society who does not want to deal with or pay for people suffering from mental illness. Blaming the cops for everything that is wrong with society and not getting there fast enough when everything goes wrong won’t solve a thing. The next active shooter will likely reveal the same kind of response. Confusion, miscommunication, disorganization, and yes, maybe some cowardice. There is not a cop out there who wouldn’t love the opportunity to get a kill shot on an active shooter. Some are just a little less motivated than others to get themselves killed. Knowing this, it’s time to start figuring out how to keep active shooters out of schools in the first place and not wait until 34 are shot, to call 911.
    The post that you responded to in a surprisingly reckless manner, was NOT written by Petty, Pollack or anyone from that camp. If you had watched the commission meetings, you would know that the post does not represent their view or account of what transpired. In fact, they, and their supporters are not leftists at all and have praised the efforts of the heroic response of deputies from BSO and officers from other agencies. Your post is presumptuous, inaccurate, paranoid and juvenile. Hopefully, for the safety of all, you have not been issued a weapon.

Unregistered
    Sorry Mr. Petty or is it Pollock this time. But your 15 minutes of fame are over. But before I go on, I want you to know that I am sorry for your loss. Your children were beautiful, amazing people with their entire lives ahead of them. No one can even begin to imagine the pain of you loss. However, being killed by a POS like Cruz could never be better than living. Especially with a nice fat pension the rest of your life that you earned over 33 years. Yes. Peterson will live with knowing that kids died on his watch. Everyone working that day will carry that with them forever. But your sad attempt at trying to mind f**k Peterson into a deep depression is pointless. Not everyone blames Dep. Peterson for this actions or inactions. In fact, you would have to be a fool to even assign him blame. You really need help with your misplaced anger. This whole event was set in motion over years of mistakes and liberal thinking. All your Parkland friends who have sued the school over the years to keep out of control, disruptive, dangerous kids included in public schools so YOU can feel normal, have created this situation. Do you have any idea how many times Parkland parents threatened to sue Peterson and the school staff for taking disciplinary action on their precious child? Not to mention the ones who used their power and influence to run to the school board and cry foul anytime their child was written up or suspended. Parkland kids, and many other areas for that matter, have been “hands off!” Schools are not safe. They never have been. Some in Broward still are not! Stop trying to blame this on the person or people who RE-ACTED that day and tried to stop a runaway train. One that was set in motion many years ago with the help of a bunch of privileged people who think they are above the law and way more important than everyone else. Cruz was a product of that place. From Park Trails Elm, to Westglades, to MSD. And let’s not forget that he was out of the school system for over a year. He even left the county Blaming the cops for everything that is wrong with society and not getting there fast enough when everything goes wrong won’t solve a thing. The next active shooter will likely reveal the same kind of response. Confusion, miscommunication, disorganization, and yes, maybe some cowardice. There is not a cop out there who wouldn’t love the opportunity to get a kill shot on an active shooter. Some are just a little less motivated than others to get themselves killed. Knowing this, it’s time to start figuring out how to keep active shooters out of schools in the first place and not wait until 34 are shot, to call 911.
    " Left to a society who does not want to deal with or pay for people suffering from mental illness."

That's it. Right there. That's the problem. But..... the part about 15 minutes of fame..... and choosing a fat pension.... dude that's some F'ed up cold thinking. Those kids were not criminals and they were not the kids who were in trouble and getting away with stuff. They, and their parents, the 34 of them did not bring this on themselves. Only the problem kids had parents who were throwing their weight around. The majority, including these folks, had no idea that this was going on.

Unregistered
    Hey, I know you ! You're Funky Cold "Medina" You as fine as FIRED.

Unregistered
    not even close but YOUR anger is misdirected. Peterson and Parkland are being blamed for a long term problem you're right but if non of yall want to give it up that Vesey called all the shots in parkland in the school and hid stuff then you deserve the criticism. no one wants to admit that they weren't working and were just hanging out. the sheriff don't know about any of that and your letting the agency take the fall. when you protect the bad guys, thompson, vesey, reed and the crew uf the former mount olive thugs over at westglades who are buds with Roz osgood thats what you get. the school told the MSD victims parents that Cruz was supervised at all times at westglades. total LIE. the wrong people are on the hotseat and you know it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast