Midget sheriff - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Midget sheriff

Unregistered
    So if you cut Command Staff in half Leavens, let’s say by 5 positions? In fairness we will say 2 Majors and 3 Commanders. That really means you would be removing the possibility of 22 future promotions, not counting the possibility of Detective slots or a new hire. Every retirement of a Major or in your case a removal would mean, 1 less Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, Commander and replacement of the Major. Every retirement of a Commander or in your case a removal would mean, 1 less Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain and replacement of the Commander. So basically, in Leavens case let’s remove the possibility for some future promotions and keep it for, let me guess, divided up to the employees for those positions. Let’s do easy math of average of 5 times $100,000 per position is $500,000 per year. Divided by 1600 employees, would be $312.50 per employee a year, divided by 26 pay periods would be $12.00 a pay check, monies taxes just under $10.00 a pay check. Sounds like a brilliant plan when someone just runs their mouth to run it. I was up there for years and read your posts bashing current employees on the retiree website. How about just keep giving the employees of LCSO well deserved raises, I promise that’s more than $20.00 a month! Don’t let the disgruntles stop you from what your doing, keep fighting for them and they will fight for you!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So if you cut Command Staff in half Leavens, let’s say by 5 positions? In fairness we will say 2 Majors and 3 Commanders. That really means you would be removing the possibility of 22 future promotions, not counting the possibility of Detective slots or a new hire. Every retirement of a Major or in your case a removal would mean, 1 less Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, Commander and replacement of the Major. Every retirement of a Commander or in your case a removal would mean, 1 less Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain and replacement of the Commander. So basically, in Leavens case let’s remove the possibility for some future promotions and keep it for, let me guess, divided up to the employees for those positions. Let’s do easy math of average of 5 times $100,000 per position is $500,000 per year. Divided by 1600 employees, would be $312.50 per employee a year, divided by 26 pay periods would be $12.00 a pay check, monies taxes just under $10.00 a pay check. Sounds like a brilliant plan when someone just runs their mouth to run it. I was up there for years and read your posts bashing current employees on the retiree website. How about just keep giving the employees of LCSO well deserved raises, I promise that’s more than $20.00 a month! Don’t let the disgruntles stop you from what your doing, keep fighting for them and they will fight for you!
    Unfortunately there has been so many promotions, the top half has clogged the entire rotation, screeching it to a holt. Now we cant keep people or fill the zones and always running on critical . I can't speak for Leavens but its not just about raises. Raises historically (since McDougal retired) have been identical to what the county workers receive in Lee County. They haven't been a gift from the sheriff but that of the County Commissioners. So, raises will come no matter who the Sheriff is so quit pretending he is doing something special for us. It's about getting back to boots on the ground, filling zones and retention of people. Not about paying a million dollars in salaries for a campaign committee running around hob knobbing. It's about knowing you will have back up when going to a call and not being dispatched to move pallets of water because the sheriff's friend calls and asks. Promotions will come but they will come based on hard work and productivity, not based on who you know that has power and money to support the sheriff's campaign or donations given. CM walked into this agency as a LT. assigned directly to the sheriff with no assignment other then to raise money. Before he was off his first year new hire probation, he was promoted to Captain, again with the same assignment. Everyone knows the rest. People working here for 25, 30 years are now yes siring this guy for no other reason then he has supposed deep pockets. That's what this agency has turned into and that is what Leavens is going to change.

Unregistered
    Heres a thought. Cut everyone that is in drop and fill those positions with deputies! That would cut several million plus fill the road! To many people in drop that do absolutely nothing but collect a pay check!!! They all expect to keep doing that for the full five years just doing the minimum and that has been ok for way to long.

Unregistered
    Heres a thought. Cut everyone that is in drop and fill those positions with deputies! That would cut several million plus fill the road! To many people in drop that do absolutely nothing but collect a pay check!!! They all expect to keep doing that for the full five years just doing the minimum and that has been ok for way to long.
    Drop is a State benefit for working and making 25 years of high risk service. So that's your answer? Take away benefits that attract people to do this unthankful job. Your an Idiot!!! I cant even believe that's your mentality!!!

Unregistered
    Coming from Leavens that gathered $380,000 in DROP money. He was at his recent party bragging about this, now spend a $100,000 of it so you can beat Carmine. Everything you say is suck bull crap, you were in IA and screwed many as a Captain. No way do you have my vote!

Unregistered
    When you insult someone based on their physical characteristics they cannot change (such as height), you really show everyone what a fool you are, and hopefully you're not teaching your children to do this. You also compare the asking of a woman to have an abortion, to a child getting hit by a passing car. You are the embarrassment.
    Farquaad's height is not the joke here, it's his character and his ego. To seriously carry around your own podium and steps so that you can see over the podium? A lion does not have to tell you he's a lion. Respect has to be earned. Farquaad is demanding it, just like in his movie Shrek. He didn't get it then, either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12