Embarrassing Assistant Chief - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    I always asked my supervisors, why do you have to send out a notification on everything that occurs here? I don't think other police departments like HCSO or Tampa PD runs like that, and has to send out notifications of the police work being done in the course of business. I was always told that John Long needs it, and I was also told that the nights pass a long has to beefed up because that it the only one that John Long reads.....He is gone now. Why does this still have to happen for a police department doing business on a daily basis?

Unregistered
    With John Long now gone maybe we can cut the useless CORE Team in half. Theres enough newbies who get Holidays off and never work nights there who should be doing police work instead of having Coffee meetings and making lip sync videos.

While we're at it, maybe we can look at replacement Capt's also. That would be a great thing for the Department.

Unregistered
    Probably a No, Lt. King has bragged about how he invented CORE and it's successfulness, and how he is now going to fix patrol.

Unregistered
    How can you fix a Department that has supervisors create "Squad goals" checking for burnt out street lights as passalong fill? Whats next, lawn sprinkler service and weeding lawns?

Unregistered
    It's really a lack of knowledge and understanding how police departments really run. All the Admin. has only worked at USF PD and make up their own things on how to run a police department with no experience. At this department you are always treated like a kid and are micromanaged. Officers are not micromanaged on other police departments trust me from experience of working on other police departments. Officers are adults and took the job in great expectations of being an officer. Micromanagement leadership never works and causes low morale. Micromanagement is only needed in times for officers that have issues and are not doing the job, it never a blanket way of doing business. This job is not hard as they try to make it for officers here. It's never enough here. If you are doing this, the next day....you're not doing that. "Be more visible in this area" wtf...how can you be more visible than what you have to work with on a squad on a daily basis.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You don't know what you guys are getting. Just wait till the "honeymoon" period is over.
    Reading this post concerns me. This place is not a busy police department, and with half the department in office jobs in the building, and having to justify their positions. I hope they don't start eating up the officers here and turning this place into constant investigations of who dropped the ice cream in the break room and didn't clean it up, like it was under Longo and trying to nail everyone for anything.

Unregistered
    How can you fix a Department that has supervisors create "Squad goals" checking for burnt out street lights as passalong fill? Whats next, lawn sprinkler service and weeding lawns?
    What supervisors have these squad goals? That post is BS. This kind of BS shows up on pass a longs because the Captain now was trained by the last Captain before him, and they go off of the move by Chicken Little, "the sky is falling" this is why this stuff shows up on the pass a longs. It was always said John Long needs this information, maybe true but mostly bs. He is gone. Can things change here on the pass a longs?

Unregistered
    What supervisors have these squad goals? That post is BS. This kind of BS shows up on pass a longs because the Captain now was trained by the last Captain before him, and they go off of the move by Chicken Little, "the sky is falling" this is why this stuff shows up on the pass a longs. It was always said John Long needs this information, maybe true but mostly bs. He is gone. Can things change here on the pass a longs?
    The pass along fluff is needed and was used to justify pay raises you have received. Sitting under trees at night and watching Netflix in parking lot 18 wasn't cutting it when we tried to persuade the powers that be that we needed pay raises for you slugs. At least with the fluff, it appeared that you were doing something for 12 hours.

Unregistered
    The pass along fluff is needed and was used to justify pay raises you have received. Sitting under trees at night and watching Netflix in parking lot 18 wasn't cutting it when we tried to persuade the powers that be that we needed pay raises for you slugs. At least with the fluff, it appeared that you were doing something for 12 hours.
    Now that is some funny stuff. Just doesn't really make since because the stuff that's on the pass along is what the officers are actually doing...

Unregistered
    Your all a bunch of overpaid dumbasses from the top to the bottom. Sounds to me that the pass along is a way for some stat runner to justify their existence at this agency. The stats that are produced on the pass along are what they are because we are not a real agency taking real calls producing real stats. The officers at this agency are not payed for what they do in a 12 hour shift. They are paid for who and what they have to put up with.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast