Nobody Has Been "Cleared" by the MSD Commission
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Nobody Has Been "Cleared" by the MSD Commission

The MSD Commission works like the Broward County Commission. Each Commissioner is given a vote. The Chair of the Commission is just one vote and basically just maintains the order of the commission. He does not speak for the commission and his public comments are his own and he was not speaking as the MSD Commission. The Commission has not provided their findings yet and just completed the first draft. I am sure changes will be made. Every Sheriff in the state will advocate against removal of a sheriff by the Governor. Why? Lest it be them.

I dont know what DiSantis is going to do. It sure looks like Israel is gone. If that's the case we will know in about 3 weeks.

Unregistered
    That commission was a waste of time and money. Read it. There's not much in the report that has not already been reported in the news. Here's what we knew before, and what we know now:

Broward Sheriff's Office has a lowlife jerk for a Sheriff, lacks leadership, sound policy, and district 17 is a band of misfits who can't find their azz with both hands.

MSD is lacking policy, leadership, training and staff with common sense.

Weeks later, nothing's changed. 17 dead people, and two corrupt top heavy agencies that need a complete overhaul.

We needed Sheriff's to come from all over and upset these parents to tell us this?

Unregistered
    Your wrong. The entire sheriff's office has been cleared. You "MAY" enter.

Unregistered

Vague policy

So in 1999, Active Shooter policy was stay outside, wait for SWAT. After Columbine, it was decide that tactics should be changed to, wait for the first 4 cops and go in as a team. After some non-school related mass shootings around the country, then Sandyhook, the brilliant minds in law enforcement acedamia came up with the, “First guy there, go kill the killer!” Makes sense and all but nowhere in any of that policy does it say, The officer will not waste time grabbing a rifle vest or a rifle, you will not use any officer safety tactics such as which side of the building you approach from, you won’t use cover or concealment as you approach, you won’t tactically climb stairs, and my favorite, you blast singlehandedly headlong into a room of unknowns with a psycho, maybe 2, holding a rifle, 300 rounds of ammo and where only you have to account for your shots and only you have rules of engagement. And oh yeah, be perfect with every shot but don’t fire to many times. You can do it! You have had active killer training and you are a badass! Remember when the guys in training, and every other supervisor for that matter, use to say, “No matter what! You go home at the end of your shift!” Due to the rapid moral breakdown of a society, LEO’s are being asked to forget everything they have been taught, everything you have learned, forget the human nature of trying to protect your own life, (yes, believe it or not, LEO’s are human) place yourself at a significan, substantial risk of being killed. Yes. It is the LEO that has to put an end to the years of bad parenting, liberal social programs, a broken mental health sytem and legal system that has become a joke. And don’t forget the bang up job our school politicians have done.

It appears some folks don’t understand that policy is just a general guidline for officers so they can have a general template of what is expected of them at any given call. Policies are not laws written by law makers. It is not a crime when they are not followed. Problem is, no two scenarios are the same so there can’t be a guide that tells a LEO what to do at every moment on every call. So therein lies the problem. BSO’s, and I suspect every
    other departments policy give very vague, general instruction on what to do in events like active shooters. They are merely guidlines based on best practices. If a LEO skips a step, deviates from the policy, or improvises, it is usually accepted. Unless things go bad. Bad is an understatement for MSD. Since it went so bad, to the toon of 34 people shot, it has been decided that the LEO’s that responded must have screwed up. IT DOESN’T MATTER THAT NC SHOT HIS LAST VICTIM TWO MINUTES BEFORE ANY OF THEM GOT THERE. IT DOESN’T MATTER THAT NC FIRED HIS FINAL SHOTS BEFORE ANY OF THEM ENTERED THE CAMPUS AND THEREFORE COULD NOT BE LOCATED. So will the policy change? I have taken the liberty of re-writing the new policy:
    A: Turn on body camera
    1. Respond to the scene. All traffic laws are null and void, just don’t hit anything.
    2. Arrive at location (Don’t waste time grabbing additional equipment. You don’t need a LBV, you have everything you need on your gun belt).
    3. Drive your vehicle through any fences and through the front doors of the building
    4. Commence screaming (war cry)
    5. Commence firing in the general direction of the hostility but be sure to hit bad guy only.
    6. Be articulate on the radio
    7. Be sure everything you say on the radio is 100% accurate.
    (Provided the radios actually work).
    8. Use you X-ray vision to see through walls and find the bad guy
    9. Shoot the bad guy. Less lethal rounds preferred. Non-fatal shots only. He’s likely a child with special needs.
    10. Don’t forget to tell the firefighters it is now safe for them to come in.

If you don’t want to end up like the Parkland 7
    1. Make a traffic stop right after the active shooter call comes out.
    2. Crash you car while enroute
    3. Pretend you never heard the call cause you were in one of radio dead spots
    4. Clear 40
    5. Quit
    6. Shoot yourself in the leg as you get out of your car.
    7. Run into the building, get shot, the sheriff will call you a hero, get a big funeral with a 200 car procession.
    8. Don’t be a cop in the first place.

Unregistered

Grammar poluce

You’re or you are

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    IT DOESN’T MATTER THAT NC SHOT HIS LAST VICTIM TWO MINUTES BEFORE ANY OF THEM GOT THERE. IT DOESN’T MATTER THAT NC FIRED HIS FINAL SHOTS BEFORE ANY OF THEM ENTERED THE CAMPUS AND THEREFORE COULD NOT BE LOCATED.

If that's the case, why did so many of the guys standing outside of the school claim they heard shots fired on the radio?

Also, how many would still be alive if they had rushed in and rendered aid?

I know, I know candy and butts.

Unregistered

To add to your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So in 1999, Active Shooter policy was stay outside, wait for SWAT. After Columbine, it was decide that tactics should be changed to, wait for the first 4 cops and go in as a team. After some non-school related mass shootings around the country, then Sandyhook, the brilliant minds in law enforcement acedamia came up with the, “First guy there, go kill the killer!” Makes sense and all but nowhere in any of that policy does it say, The officer will not waste time grabbing a rifle vest or a rifle, you will not use any officer safety tactics such as which side of the building you approach from, you won’t use cover or concealment as you approach, you won’t tactically climb stairs, and my favorite, you blast singlehandedly headlong into a room of unknowns with a psycho, maybe 2, holding a rifle, 300 rounds of ammo and where only you have to account for your shots and only you have rules of engagement. And oh yeah, be perfect with every shot but don’t fire to many times. You can do it! You have had active killer training and you are a badass! Remember when the guys in training, and every other supervisor for that matter, use to say, “No matter what! You go home at the end of your shift!” Due to the rapid moral breakdown of a society, LEO’s are being asked to forget everything they have been taught, everything you have learned, forget the human nature of trying to protect your own life, (yes, believe it or not, LEO’s are human) place yourself at a significan, substantial risk of being killed. Yes. It is the LEO that has to put an end to the years of bad parenting, liberal social programs, a broken mental health sytem and legal system that has become a joke. And don’t forget the bang up job our school politicians have done.

It appears some folks don’t understand that policy is just a general guidline for officers so they can have a general template of what is expected of them at any given call. Policies are not laws written by law makers. It is not a crime when they are not followed. Problem is, no two scenarios are the same so there can’t be a guide that tells a LEO what to do at every moment on every call. So therein lies the problem. BSO’s, and I suspect every
    other departments policy give very vague, general instruction on what to do in events like active shooters. They are merely guidlines based on best practices. If a LEO skips a step, deviates from the policy, or improvises, it is usually accepted. Unless things go bad. Bad is an understatement for MSD. Since it went so bad, to the toon of 34 people shot, it has been decided that the LEO’s that responded must have screwed up. IT DOESN’T MATTER THAT NC SHOT HIS LAST VICTIM TWO MINUTES BEFORE ANY OF THEM GOT THERE. IT DOESN’T MATTER THAT NC FIRED HIS FINAL SHOTS BEFORE ANY OF THEM ENTERED THE CAMPUS AND THEREFORE COULD NOT BE LOCATED. So will the policy change? I have taken the liberty of re-writing the new policy:
    A: Turn on body camera
    1. Respond to the scene. All traffic laws are null and void, just don’t hit anything.
    2. Arrive at location (Don’t waste time grabbing additional equipment. You don’t need a LBV, you have everything you need on your gun belt).
    3. Drive your vehicle through any fences and through the front doors of the building
    4. Commence screaming (war cry)
    5. Commence firing in the general direction of the hostility but be sure to hit bad guy only.
    6. Be articulate on the radio
    7. Be sure everything you say on the radio is 100% accurate.
    (Provided the radios actually work).
    8. Use you X-ray vision to see through walls and find the bad guy
    9. Shoot the bad guy. Less lethal rounds preferred. Non-fatal shots only. He’s likely a child with special needs.
    10. Don’t forget to tell the firefighters it is now safe for them to come in.

If you don’t want to end up like the Parkland 7
    1. Make a traffic stop right after the active shooter call comes out.
    2. Crash you car while enroute
    3. Pretend you never heard the call cause you were in one of radio dead spots
    4. Clear 40
    5. Quit
    6. Shoot yourself in the leg as you get out of your car.
    7. Run into the building, get shot, the sheriff will call you a hero, get a big funeral with a 200 car procession.
    8. Don’t be a cop in the first place.
    I read today about how Deputy Peraza and Law Enforcement can use the "Stand Your Gound" defense. This should remind all of us Deputies to the environment which has led to the less than aggressive response and posture of the agency.

Over the last almost 10 years we have had:

- The public and politicians say our pension and benefits are too generous. Thereby increasing the number of years, eliminating COLA, decreased DROP benefit, and adding our dollar amount contribution for less.

- The demonization of Law Enforcement from the prior Presidential Administration.

- All the indictments from Ferguson, Baltimore, Deputy Peraza.

- Lack of backing from the public (BLM, liberal Democrat organizations). We are a liberal Democrat County.

-Lack of backing from politicians and our Sheriff. 8 hrs retraining fair impartial policing, body worn cameras, overly restrictive policies (use of force, pursuits, civil citations, PAT ect..), not backing the Peraza shooting. Passing blame on Courthouse Escape, Airport Shooting, and MSD.

- We are one of the lowest paid in the County.

- We have a mass Exodus. We have been running understaffed since the Sheriff has been here and doesn't seem to care. (We are down about 190 Deputies).

Proactive Policing is too offensive, and aggressive Policing offends to many voters, city Managers and Commissioners. We have been programmed not take action unless absolutely necessary. If you want to keep your job and not get indicted don't take action.

So, as sad as it is to say, given the deaths of 17 people, Parkland, the citizens of this County, Politicians, and the Sheriff, YOU Created an Environment that causes Law Enforcement to pause and doubt an aggressive response to ANY Call!

The Pied Piper

Unregistered
    The whole agency should be investigated.

Unregistered
    The sheriff and anyone Captain or above in both DOD or DLE should be removed immediately!

Unregistered
    I feel for you guys. I'm up north but same kind of soup being served. Its hard to be the real deal nowadays.

Anyway I pulled the pin a year ago, now if I can only live a few to enjoy it. Ive had to run into a few "ParkLands" in my day. Its a lousy deal but I chose the life and over the decades watched these progressives ruin my Dept. I wonder what would happen now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast