Marano out at PBA!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Marano out at PBA!!

Jeff Marano was ousted this week as Broward PBA president. He lost a 19-18 executive board vote to Rod Skirvin, who immediately becomes the new PBA president. This move alone already makes me more likely to vote PBA over IUPA. It shows PBA was serious about changing their old ways. Besides, they are the professional, respected police union around the nation (along with FOP). IUPA is just a front for the liberal AFLCIO to take over the traditional police unions.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Jeff Marano was ousted this week as Broward PBA president. He lost a 19-18 executive board vote to Rod Skirvin, who immediately becomes the new PBA president. This move alone already makes me more likely to vote PBA over IUPA. It shows PBA was serious about changing their old ways. Besides, they are the professional, respected police union around the nation (along with FOP). IUPA is just a front for the liberal AFLCIO to take over the traditional police unions.
    This post is a setup. It appears to be a PBA ploy to make it look as if the are "changing". I'm not buying it at all. Furthermore, the PBA is not more professional and the proof is the pathetic contracts they shoved down our throats for the last 20 years. As far as being a front for the "liberal" AFLCIO, I agree I don't like the AFLCIO but.... the FACT that we supported a Conservative Governor is proof we (BSO Deputies and Sgt's) are lapdogs to no one.

Unregistered
    From what I have heard from my buddies at C.C.P.D., this guy “Rod” wont be any better that the past PBA Presidents.
    Screw the PBA, I have given enough of my money to that crap of an organization in dues and since they were the great Union at the time 3% of my pay goes bye bye.

Unregistered
    From what I have heard from my buddies at C.C.P.D., this guy “Rod” wont be any better that the past PBA Presidents.
    Screw the PBA, I have given enough of my money to that crap of an organization in dues and since they were the great Union at the time 3% of my pay goes bye bye.
    Thank you, Jeffrey

Unregistered
    It shows PBA was serious about changing their old ways.
    Serious? A 19 to 18 vote? If they were serious it should have been unanimous, like what, 37-0? And by saying “Changing their old ways” shows an agreement that their old ways weren’t a plus for us. Thanks but I’ll stay with IUPA.

Unregistered
    The PBA switching Presidents is just Lipstick on a Pig

Unregistered
    Serious? A 19 to 18 vote? If they were serious it should have been unanimous, like what, 37-0? And by saying “Changing their old ways” shows an agreement that their old ways weren’t a plus for us. Thanks but I’ll stay with IUPA.
    True, none of the PBA bylaws have changed. Nothing actually changed but the figure head.
    No thanks I will stick with IUPA.

Unregistered
    The pba has honor, dignity, and loyalty. Iupa doesn’t know the meaning of these words. The pba fully supports sheriff Israel

Unregistered
    The pba has honor, dignity, and loyalty. Iupa doesn’t know the meaning of these words. The pba fully supports sheriff Israel
    And that’s why they continue not to represent BSO Deputies and Sgt’s.

Honor, dignity and loyalty now that’s a F’in joke on all accounts.

Unregistered
    And there is the problem. The PBA backs the sheriff without ever asking what the BSO membership wants....I know because I'm a PBA member and have never been asked. With that said, unless it's an anonymous ballot I would never vote. Why you ask, great question, because I DON'T trust the PBA not to tell the administration how I voted. So technically the PBA has no honor or dignity, however they do have loyalty......the the BSO administration, just not the membership.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast