Ben gives Chitwood a well-deserved tongue-lashing! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Where did they go? Meaning what do they all do for work now?
    Some went to other agencies, but most lost the will to police and completely changed careers altogether. Cant blame em

Unregistered
    Some went to other agencies, but most lost the will to police and completely changed careers altogether. Cant blame em
    Thats a very common national trend. Hard to source that trend to a local individual. It’s not an enigma at all. Easy to see the reason for that trend is our society. All too often the negativity is repeated on the nightly news. Add the high stress and low pay into the equation and people leave. It’s rare that people stay in law enforcement long enough to retire with a full pension, and its rare to stay at just one agency of you do stay. It’s far different from other pension jobs like teachers. Unless they move, teachers have a much higher rate of staying an entire career in one school system. Law enforcement and public service in general is not glorious and it wears on you. Like with the military, most are in for 4 years and leave. Just a reality of the business.

Unregistered
    Thats a very common national trend. Hard to source that trend to a local individual. It’s not an enigma at all. Easy to see the reason for that trend is our society. All too often the negativity is repeated on the nightly news. Add the high stress and low pay into the equation and people leave. It’s rare that people stay in law enforcement long enough to retire with a full pension, and its rare to stay at just one agency of you do stay. It’s far different from other pension jobs like teachers. Unless they move, teachers have a much higher rate of staying an entire career in one school system. Law enforcement and public service in general is not glorious and it wears on you. Like with the military, most are in for 4 years and leave. Just a reality of the business.
    Very true and well written, however as I have the exit interviews and reasons stated are overwhelmingly Chitwood based issues. I would never reveal the sources, but I have also spoken face to face with many who have left. I think if you had the documents I have you'd agree Chitwood did not help but hurt the agency.

Unregistered
    Very true and well written, however as I have the exit interviews and reasons stated are overwhelmingly Chitwood based issues. I would never reveal the sources, but I have also spoken face to face with many who have left. I think if you had the documents I have you'd agree Chitwood did not help but hurt the agency.
    You have a certain percentage of people leave with any administration change. If you recall, when Ben took office there was the same thing. Change brings other change. Happens everywhere every single day and even in private businesses. Those who don’t agree with the views of the administration seek other opportunities.

Unregistered
    You have a certain percentage of people leave with any administration change. If you recall, when Ben took office there was the same thing. Change brings other change. Happens everywhere every single day and even in private businesses. Those who don’t agree with the views of the administration seek other opportunities.
    You are right in theory, again... However being as I have both actual numbers, it would appear Chitwood helped the process along. I have exit interviews and also spoke to many who left. You cannot trust exit interviews anyway, if a deputy is going to stay a leo, they do not burn the agency they've left. Not on paper anyway!

Unregistered
    I would be willing to bet the percentages for folks leaving when Chitwood took office are considerably greater than when Sheriff Johnson took office. If they were not Chitwood would not have been forced to higher the GS4 company for courthouse security, would not have been forced to hire "guardians" for elementary school security (with the School district) and would not be so short of deputies after 2 years.

Perhaps Chitwood can do some creative math (like he does with UCR numbers) and make it seem like only 7 deputies left...instead of the over 70.

Unregistered
    Suck it up. He’s here for two more years and longer if he wants to be. You can walk and talk all you want, but the public loves him. Period, end of story.
    The public doesn't know him, the department does

Unregistered
    I would be willing to bet the percentages for folks leaving when Chitwood took office are considerably greater than when Sheriff Johnson took office. If they were not Chitwood would not have been forced to higher the GS4 company for courthouse security, would not have been forced to hire "guardians" for elementary school security (with the School district) and would not be so short of deputies after 2 years.

Perhaps Chitwood can do some creative math (like he does with UCR numbers) and make it seem like only 7 deputies left...instead of the over 70.
    He kind of is doing some creative numbers with deputies who left. They are being kept on as reserve but don’t actual serve any reserve function. They are technically still on the books but don’t actually work here anymore. The stat doesn’t go down as a departure just a position change.

Unregistered
    He kind of is doing some creative numbers with deputies who left. They are being kept on as reserve but don’t actual serve any reserve function. They are technically still on the books but don’t actually work here anymore. The stat doesn’t go down as a departure just a position change.
    Can this be verified? That is very dishonest to the public.

Unregistered
    The public doesn't know him, the department does
    The department doesn’t vote him in the office, the public does.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast