Detective Brian Keane loses his department issued guns - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The report stated that the guns were stolen from a 2013 Toyota Truck.
    An MP5 machine gun has a rate-of-fire of 800 bullets per minute. That's potentially a lot of carnage in the community. All SSO SWAT MP5's need to be bolted in vehicle trunks in secure gun casings WHENEVER A DEPUTY WALKS AWAY FROM A VEHICLE. Whether the Toyota truck was SIS or a POV is completely immaterial. The days of leaving our guns laying around unsecured on the floorboards of locked trunks needs to end.

Unregistered
    https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...embers-vehicle

PROBLEM: It’s time to STOP leaving rifles and pistols unlocked, unsecured and loose in the trunks of locked patrol cars. Once criminals realize that we do that, then every marked and unmarked patrol car will become a target for thieves.
    One can buy a SecureIt long gun fastbox at DSG for $159. It's moronic that it's not standard in every LEO vehicle in the state. I'm a ex soldier and not a LEO, but I have one in my SUV nonetheless. It'll be a cold day in hades when a kid breaks into my vehicle and steals a firearm. In my home I have ARMA15 mounts with Abloy spring loaded puck locks. I can ready a rifle from that mount in seconds. Mul T Locks are even more secure and their spring loaded shank comes clean out of the lock.

High security doesnt cost a lot, nor does it have to take a long time to disengage a high security mount and lock. Ask the armed home invader I shut down about that.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Lieutenant

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by “Carlos R. Munoz”
    Detective Brian Keane was suspended without pay for not locking his car, thus resulting in the theft of his sniper rifle, handgun and equipment. The Internal Affairs report said that Sheriff Tom Knight holds his employees to the highest possible standards of conduct – and Keane’s actions have a tendency to destroy public respect and confidence in...
    Full story:
    https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...rms-are-stolen
    Journalism can never be silent: that is its greatest virtue and its greatest fault. It must speak, and speak immediately, while the echoes of wonder, the claims of triumph and the signs of horror are still in the air.

Unregistered

hypocrite

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos R. Munoz View Post
    The Internal Affairs report said that Sheriff Tom Knight holds his employees to the highest possible standards of conduct – and Detective Brian Keane’s actions have a tendency to destroy public respect and confidence in...
    Rubbish. Keane embarrassed Knight and that's the only reason Keane was made a scapegoat. Don't do as I do, but do what I tell you.

• Mr. Eric Robinson and Mr. Tom Knight were caught (1) undermining the school board budget and (2) calling other elected officials names while both were on-duty and both were being paid with tax dollars.
    • Mr. Eric Robinson issued a public apology.
    • Mr. Knight remains defiant and did not apologize and is angry that he got "caught and exposed" in the media.

The link is here:
    https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...superintendent
    While Knight was on-duty, he used a department issued phone to text Eric Robinson, saying that "Shirley Brown is stupid." That is not demonstrative of "the highest professional standards." Knight should be held to the highest possible standards of conduct because his actions destroy public respect and confidence in the Sarasota Sheriff's Office.

Unregistered
    According to the mullet wrapper article TK holds HIS employees to the highest possible standards of conduct, nowhere does it say that he exhibits those same standards and those of us who have seen his rants and bullying know the extremely low level he shows.

Unregistered
    From what I read Keane admitted to what he did and waived any appeal process. He should have followed SSO procedure and lied like DT, KM, RL, JW, and TL himself! Honesty truly does not pay at the SSO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12