Detective Brian Keane loses his department issued guns
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Detective Brian Keane loses his department issued guns

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...embers-vehicle

PROBLEM: It’s time to STOP leaving rifles and pistols unlocked, unsecured and loose in the trunks of locked patrol cars. Once criminals realize that we do that, then every marked and unmarked patrol car will become a target for thieves.

SOLUTION: Special locking cases need to be purchased and then bolted into the trunks of cars, so then if a thief illegally pops open the trunk, at least the guns are safely locked. Shotguns are locked in the front of the car – and the same concept should be applied for guns that are left unsecured inside the trunks of locked cars. Popping a door lock and a trunk lock is simply too easy.

Hey Mr. tOm kNiGhT and Herr kUrT hOfFmAn, how come you guys cannot figure this out without reading it first at leoaffairs?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s time to STOP leaving rifles and pistols unlocked, unsecured and loose in the trunks of locked patrol cars. Once criminals realize that we do that, then every marked and unmarked patrol car will become a target for thieves.
    Whenever I go to the gym, I usually throw my pistol into the trunk of my patrol car. I always look around to make sure that nobody sees me doing that, but I'm always nervous that someone is going to see me tossing my gun into the trunk -- and then when I close the trunk and walk away, they will pop the trunk and steal my pistol.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Lieutenant

Lightbulb Stolen guns recovered

Quote Originally Posted by “Anonymous Herald-Tribune Staff Report”
    An unidentified person has been arrested for stealing the Accuracy International AT308 bolt-action rifle, along with a Sig Sauer P226 9 mm pistol and…
    Full story:
    https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...embers-vehicle
    Journalism can never be silent: that is its greatest virtue and its greatest fault. It must speak, and speak immediately, while the echoes of wonder, the claims of triumph and the signs of horror are still in the air.

Unregistered
    Whenever I go to the gym, I usually throw my pistol into the trunk of my patrol car. I always look around to make sure that nobody sees me doing that, but I'm always nervous that someone is going to see me tossing my gun into the trunk -- and then when I close the trunk and walk away, they will pop the trunk and steal my pistol.
    Well, if people didn't know that we carry loaded guns, laying around loose and unsecured in our vehicles trunks, NOW THEY DO!

Unregistered
    It makes it kind of hard for the crime prevention unit and the Sheriff to come out publicly via different forms of media to tell the lay public to lock their doors when one of his own is too stupid to do it. I never left my car unlocked because I feared being terminated if my shotgun got ripped out of the holder.

Unregistered
    I never left my car unlocked because I feared being terminated if my shotgun got ripped out of the holder.
    Shotguns are locked in a secure gun-lock, in plain view, inside the front passenger compartment of patrol cars. Any Tom, D*ck or Harry can see it, when they are walking passed the car. However, if a thief manages to unlock a locked car door, then he still has to break that secondary stronger gun-lock. Shotguns are routinely left in patrol cars overnight, in plain view of anybody who walks past the car. Here is a sample:

Unregistered

Red face Plain view shotgun racks (unsecured):

Unregistered
    Shotguns are locked in a secure gun-lock, in plain view, inside the front passenger compartment of patrol cars. Any Tom, D*ck or Harry can see it, when they are walking passed the car. However, if a thief manages to unlock a locked car door, then he still has to break that secondary stronger gun-lock. Shotguns are routinely left in patrol cars overnight, in plain view of anybody who walks past the car. Here is a sample:

evidently they do not know you can use forfeiture money to buy this unfunded item ,lock boxes in ALL vehicles that are bolted in.

Unregistered

High-liability knightmare

PROBLEM: It’s time to STOP leaving rifles and pistols unlocked, unsecured and loose in the trunks of locked patrol cars. Once criminals realize that we do that, then every marked and unmarked patrol car will become a target for thieves.

SOLUTION: Special locking cases need to be purchased and then bolted into the trunks of cars, so then if a thief illegally pops open the trunk, at least the guns are safely locked. Shotguns are locked in the front of the car – and the same concept should be applied for guns that are left unsecured inside the trunks of locked cars. Popping a door lock and a trunk lock is simply too easy.

evidently they do not know you can use forfeiture money to buy this unfunded item ,lock boxes in ALL vehicles that are bolted in.

Hey Mr. tOm kNiGhT and Herr kUrT hOfFmAn, how come you guys cannot figure this out without reading it first at leoaffairs?
    Mr. Tom Knight and Herr Hoffman have four options to choose from and they must choose one:

• (1) Status quo: Continue to allow deputies to leave unsecured rifles, MP5's and pistols laying around inside locked trunks. However, locked trunks are easy to pop-open.
    • (2) Write another general order, stipulating that deputies are no longer authorized to leave unsecured rifles, MP5's and pistols laying around inside locked trunks.
    • (3) ***HINT HINT*** Purchase gun-locks that are bolted into vehicle trunks to safely secure rifles, MP5's and pistols.
    • (4) Do nothing. Remain in a vegetative state. Continue to pad your elected retirement account. Use circular logic to extend the high-liability knightmare for taxpayers, citizens, deputies and victims e.g. refer back to #1 status quo above.

Thank you leoaffairs for showing Mr. Knight and Herr Kurt Hoffman option #3.

Unregistered

Question the SHT reporters failed to ask.

The report stated that the guns were stolen from a 2013 Toyota Truck. Does the Sheriff's office own this truck? That is kind of old for a police vehicle isn't it Tom? I guess unless it was an undercover narcotics seized truck perhaps. Most agencies in today's world use lease cars from with other county names on the tags. These are new unmarked plain cars like Chrysler 300s with six cylinders, Nissan pathfinders etc, dummy down chargers easy to spot cop cars. Not 2013 Toyota Trucks. However if it was a personally owned truck, what was such armament doing in this type of vehicle and why doesn't this type of vehicle have lock boxes? The real story here is...was this his personal truck with SSO guns laying on the seat? Why did the reporters automatically assume that this was a Sheriff's Office owned vehicle. By the way if this was his personal truck then why would the SSO put lock boxes in it? I hope this detective after 18 years on the force and is on SWAT is not driving his personal car around doing work for the SSO. He should have some sort of take home car and be provided that proper locking boxes for a $4000.00 rifle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast