Commission meeting!!!!!!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    these are the same commissioners who voted for a huge increase for miss henry. esp bogen.think the sqirrels camping out on his head are having an effect.these are ELECTED officails. so keep supporting this sad ass llot, and then complain when they screw you.. rememeber scott cowan.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeah the same 3% offered to the PBA. Hahahaha iupa morons will never learn!

“I’m going to get you $100000!”
    ~JB

“Baaaaaaaaah!!”
    ~sheep members
    Cant remember when the PBA got us 3%....they would roll over on their back and tell us we will never get any better than 2%.....PBA GFY!

Unregistered
    You're right. You'd never see the PBA embarrass themselves in front of the commission. They'd have embarrassed themselves under the sheriff's desk in October 2017.
    Exactly, The PBA was useless and would never go in front of the commission. They were to busy in Tallahassee making sure we got Fu*ked on the 3% we pay into our pension. Let’s not forget they were the Union that screwed everybody over on that deal.

Unregistered
    Whoever is saying the PBA would never embarrass themselves like that is 100% correct but only because the PBA never would have fought it to that point. That is NOT something to be proud of.

I still support JB.

Unregistered
    Wasn’t our fearless leader offering 2.5% when commission provided 3%? Seems to me Dear Leader wanted to pocket .5% for hair plugs, turkeys, and XMas Gifts for the youngins. Keep voting Democrat and you get what they want to give you and you’ll like it. If you have under five years run as fast as you can outta here. The sh*t show will continue.
    The Sheriff’s accepted s five percent raise for himself and gave his troops who make far less money a three percent raise. Since this is what democrats who run this county think of us let’s remember that when we go to work. Our work will reflect our appreciation and when this county looks like Baltimore the voters will have nobody but democrats to blame.

Unregistered
    Let’s not forget bell didn’t want to make vests mandatory... does that sound like he has our backs... hmmm

Unregistered
    Let these commissioners take their 9-0 vote and shove it straight up their democrat azzes.

Unregistered
    Well we found out today how much the Sheriff and county commissioners value us. The problem is as long as this current Sheriff is here we will not get anymore then we just got because the Jail has to get more then us for at least the next 3 contract to achieve parity.
    The thing I don’t understand is why do we need parity when we do different jobs.
    The Sheriff’s attorney pointed out several times that we are the only bargaining unit that gets the 4% first responder pay. I am thinking that is probably because we are the only first responders. The Sheriffs attorney also pointed out with an attitude how we have road Deputies in specialized units that get a pay supplement usually $75 a check.
    Well a homicide detective, swat guy, K9 ect. Deserve a little extra. The Sheriff and his attorneys seem to think a jail deputy should make the same as a homicide detective???
    Jail deputies have a tough job and I am not saying they don’t deserve a raise I just don’t understand how the Sheriff thinks all 6000 plus employees here should get the same when we do different jobs.

Thank you Jeff Bell and IUPA for fighting for us and not just accepting this offer without a fight. The PBA would have rolled over for a new Tahoe. At least we exposed the Sheriff returning nearly $100 million dollars to the commissioners who I am guessing over pay so they can get the kick back and use that money for pet projects with much less accountability to the tax payers.

Unregistered
    Well we found out today how much the Sheriff and county commissioners value us. The problem is as long as this current Sheriff is here we will not get anymore then we just got because the Jail has to get more then us for at least the next 3 contract to achieve parity.
    The thing I don’t understand is why do we need parity when we do different jobs.
    The Sheriff’s attorney pointed out several times that we are the only bargaining unit that gets the 4% first responder pay. I am thinking that is probably because we are the only first responders. The Sheriffs attorney also pointed out with an attitude how we have road Deputies in specialized units that get a pay supplement usually $75 a check.
    Well a homicide detective, swat guy, K9 ect. Deserve a little extra. The Sheriff and his attorneys seem to think a jail deputy should make the same as a homicide detective???
    Jail deputies have a tough job and I am not saying they don’t deserve a raise I just don’t understand how the Sheriff thinks all 6000 plus employees here should get the same when we do different jobs.

Thank you Jeff Bell and IUPA for fighting for us and not just accepting this offer without a fight. The PBA would have rolled over for a new Tahoe. At least we exposed the Sheriff returning nearly $100 million dollars to the commissioners who I am guessing over pay so they can get the kick back and use that money for pet projects with much less accountability to the tax payers.
    ^^^Great Post^^^

Unregistered
    Why would we kick out the first union president who actually stands up to the administration? We still got the 3% so we did not lose anything
    Watch the meeting. The only reason we got the 3% was because the Sheriff continued to offer it...including retro. In fact JB and crew forgot to petition for a raise when they went to impasse. A major oversight. We only go the raise because the Sheriff backed it. Vote was 9-0 in favor of the Sheriff.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast