Pursuit
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pursuit

Unregistered

Pursuit

So let's see if I got this straight...

HCSO D2 unit attempts to stop a career felon who made threats to law enforcement, the U-Haul he was driving flees, the unit disengages at the order of a supervisor, our agency BOLOs to other agencies.

FHP spots the U-Haul in D1, then actively engages in a pursuit when it flees.

The pursuit enters Pasco, PCSO responds to assist but they don't make it as the pursuit was only briefly in their jurisdiction.

The pursuit enters back into D1, HCSO units do not participate, units do not deploy sticks, and just watch it go by.

The pursuit enters Tampa, TPD actively engages in the pursuit, deploys sticks, and their air support provided assistance throughout the rest of the pursuit.

The pursuit enters D3, HCSO units do not participate, nor do they deploy sticks, and just watch it go by.

The pursuit enters Pinellas, PCSO actively participates in the pursuit and deploys sticks and helps FHP take the suspect into custody, all with TPD air support overhead.

why Why WHY!?

Unregistered
    That's easy. We're a bunch of pussies.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So let's see if I got this straight...

HCSO D2 unit attempts to stop a career felon who made threats to law enforcement, the U-Haul he was driving flees, the unit disengages at the order of a supervisor, our agency BOLOs to other agencies.

FHP spots the U-Haul in D1, then actively engages in a pursuit when it flees.

The pursuit enters Pasco, PCSO responds to assist but they don't make it as the pursuit was only briefly in their jurisdiction.

The pursuit enters back into D1, HCSO units do not participate, units do not deploy sticks, and just watch it go by.

The pursuit enters Tampa, TPD actively engages in the pursuit, deploys sticks, and their air support provided assistance throughout the rest of the pursuit.

The pursuit enters D3, HCSO units do not participate, nor do they deploy sticks, and just watch it go by.

The pursuit enters Pinellas, PCSO actively participates in the pursuit and deploys sticks and helps FHP take the suspect into custody, all with TPD air support overhead.

why Why WHY!?
    Yes sir. Valid concern. I regret every day that I applied here so many years ago thinking I was gona be a cop and clean up the streets.

I have seen what you described many times. The last time was a stolen Dodge Challenger that we followed with no emergency equippment like little scared robots from the west side to the east side. Once they crossed into Polk, they handled, in about 5 min, what we were too scared to do in 45 min. When we patched our channels and listened to them communicate about that persuit it was like a whole other world. They were confident senior cops transmitting over the radio with no bully supervisors sticking their scared noses into it throwing their weight around.

Look through the TPD forums. Scroll back to when Cutis and Kocab were shot. Read the posts on how disapointed TPD was with the HCSO during that manhunt. Our deputies were describes as doing things ony when it impressed a boss or major. These issues have been going on for years. Politics first then policing. Impressing the next rank up in hopes to get promoted is priority one. Not policing.

Take a look around. New Tampa? Brandon? How does it look now compared to 10 years ago? Like crap? Like Florida ave? Bumb everywhere. Mostly from other states and counties? What brings them here?

How about ILP being notified from other agencies fusion centers that, per their intel, criminals from other counties specifically come here to commit crimes because the HCSO wont catch them and if we do, our weak courts wont prosecute.

How about reach out to some of our new deputies that have quit and left to TPD and other agencies. Ask them if they feel like a cop now.

As long as its routine easy shop lift arrests, domestic arrests, warrants, crashes, babysitting crazy idiots with baker acts, and crashes, we are just fine. You will never see what Polk did here in this county. A massive 6 day prostitutuon bust, or the stings that surrounding agencies do. This county is the California of Florida. We do everything but police work.

Funny how big their balls get when its time to discipline a deputy or investigate a complaint.

This county is a lost cause and so is this job.
    Time to quit and move away from this sinking ship.

Unregistered
    They are too busy creating more districts and more colonel positions for the favorites instead of putting more cops on the streets and backing them up when its time to kick ass.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's easy. We're a bunch of pussies.
    In my opinion, I belive it is because off years of absentee Gee and his political self serving agendas, Docobo and his iron fist that ultimately killed the cop in all of us, the politicians, lawyers, businessmen, accountants, and rank chasers that that run this agency and have destroyed it. To top it off, if you are not one of the above, you can still be in a position of leadership with barely any police experience to further destroy the agency with knee jerk decisions by being prematurely pulled off any type of policing or investigatory position just by being connect to or being a minority. So add special Kool Aid drinking butt kissers to the list. The more of an experienced cop you are, the less say you have here. It threatens them. Their failure to act is due to them not knowing how to explain our actions and back us up. They cant do that because they do not know our jobs. They only know politics. AKA, dont get sued, make the liberals happy, and smoke and mirrors for the local govt abd media.

Even if we did pursue, if the smallest thing went wrong, which it would have, this agency would have burned a few deputies. Thats how they cover themselves instead of back us up. So why bother.

If it was ever decided to make things better, it would take decades to cycle out everyone trained under the old regime. Too many Docobo leftovers still here going strong and his SOT robots.

Unregistered
    Which is why in two years it be nice to see a new Sheriff who will clean house.

Unregistered

Wrong

The deputy did not know who he had stopped initially. He let the guy go as he did not know who he was at first. When he realized who it was, the bolo was sent out. The only thing a supervisor asked about over the radio was charges. Do some research.

Unregistered
    B.S.

There was a deputy at Hillsborough/Race Track ready to go with stop sticks. He was told to stand down. He literally watched it go by along with every other Hotel unit.

We had every opportunity to get involved. It’s hard to lie about what happened when literally dozens of deputies across three districts were privy to what was going on.

Unregistered
    Understood. I was speaking of the initial stop. The guy fled prior to anyone knowing who he was. Ir was only a few minutes later it was realized by the initiating deputy. I wasnt referring to what happened in the other districts. Apologies for not being clear.

Unregistered
    A real crime? Persuit? No way! Let the real cops deal with that!

Now lets get back to what we do. A shoplift JAAP or PAD over $20.00 in merchandise that took us off the street for 4 hours. Our specialty! Better push those JAAPS and APADS! Lets get our spelling right! We need to focus on deputies not hurting peoples feelings! I bet there would be a persuit if the suspect was a deputy that did not write a report! BAKER ACTS! Our other specialty. Especially if the subject is 9 years old and is misbehaving. Better do that Baker Act and make those piss poor parents happy! We would not want a conplaint over you telling them to raise their own children! Persuit? When? Where? Why? Who should we fire so we dont look bad? CYA!!! Prevent all complaints. Write write write. The more reports the better. Good cops write lots of paper. WHAT A JOKE!!!!! This agency is one big paranoid mentally ill toxic joke. Like being in an abusive relationship.

I worked with a deputy that quit this joke agency and took a massvie pay cut to go to another agency. After a few years we reconnected and I asked him if he had any regrets. Especially the pay cut. He said, Here, I am a cop and it was all worth it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast