average pay - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: average pay

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    what can a new hire expect to earn? I know base pay is listed as $41k but with overtime what do most new hires earn in their first year and second year?

http://salary.dadeschools.net/salhbk...207-1-2017.pdf

Unregistered
    Yes. Our union negotiated and it passed. If you come here you will begin at step 1 which is 40k. Stay where you at 😌

Unregistered
    I have a question. Which academy MDSP Recruits go to?

Unregistered
    The police academy

Unregistered
    I have a question. Which academy MDSP Recruits go to?
    I believe North Campus Police Academy.

Unregistered
    You waited to long to leave to school police from being a teacher. If you are at 70k then you've been in the system for over 18 years.

We start at 41k plus 10k supplement, that puts you at 51k. 8 steps that you max out at 66,800, but by the time you get there should be in the low 70ks in 8 years.

An officer with a BA degree and 20 years in the police department with the new contract will be at 90,960. That's 66,800.00 + .5 x every 5 years of longevity that's 13,360.00 + 800.00 for a BA degree + 10,000.00 new supplement that came from the new tax that just passed.
    This is not including .4 for FTO .4 for detective so on and so on.
    Don't get me started with the OT

Unregistered
    Amazing how the pendulum swings in the school system. They went from starting teachers that transitioned to officers at their current teacher pay to treating them like they just walked in off the streets. I guess my 20 years in the school system don't really mean anything. If it were the other way around there would at least be an adjustment for years of service. They are giving us no incentive to bring our years of service and understanding of the school system and all the parties involved (faculty, students, parents, etc.) to the police force. "Come work two more months and make $20k less." I don't think I can take that. Already trough the background checks, PAT, FBAT, and panel interview but I don't think I am going to continue if I have to start off at the bottom of the barrel. If you guys are like any other department OT is based on seniority so newbies will be last in line. I can't count on something like that to make up the loss of income. The OT 200 officers used to divide up is now going to be divided between 500 officers. That doesn't sound promising to me. Yeah the retirement is tempting but taking a $20k hit is a no go for me.

Perry

Response

Are you suppose to have special treatment because you are quitting your teacher job? Do you really believe that because you taught children for 20 years that you are the best candidate for a police job? You really believe that your current position makes you better qualified? Do yourself a favor and drop out of the process. You are nothing special. Anyone that leaves a 70k job and works 10 months and wants a pay decrease and an extra two months of work is a moron.

Unregistered
    Well said. Talk about entitlement. Do you really think you should start a whole new career and get paid the same? I'm glad our union put a stop to this. It is really uncomfortable to train someone that makes more than you. How dare you try to make someone feel pitty for you because of the pay. You know what, you are right your 20 years of being a teacher don't mean sh*t here.

Unregistered
    Amazing how the pendulum swings in the school system. They went from starting teachers that transitioned to officers at their current teacher pay to treating them like they just walked in off the streets. I guess my 20 years in the school system don't really mean anything. If it were the other way around there would at least be an adjustment for years of service. They are giving us no incentive to bring our years of service and understanding of the school system and all the parties involved (faculty, students, parents, etc.) to the police force. "Come work two more months and make $20k less." I don't think I can take that. Already trough the background checks, PAT, FBAT, and panel interview but I don't think I am going to continue if I have to start off at the bottom of the barrel. If you guys are like any other department OT is based on seniority so newbies will be last in line. I can't count on something like that to make up the loss of income. The OT 200 officers used to divide up is now going to be divided between 500 officers. That doesn't sound promising to me. Yeah the retirement is tempting but taking a $20k hit is a no go for me.
    Yes please drop our of the process. Teaching is one thing but our job is way different. The reason we don't allow anyone to carry over their pay from a teacher salary is because many of them came in years ago and were making more then officers that had equal or more time in the system.

Our retirement will spank yours anyday 75 to 90% of your best 5 or 8 years depending when you joined the frs. So enjoy your 35,000 to 40,000 retirement and I'll enjoy my 80,000 to 90,000 year retirement.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast