average pay - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: average pay

Unregistered
    You guys are more sensitive than a milkmaids nipples. Most careers offer compensation for years of related service. I understand you would be upset when some people would be coming in making more than you but my point was not that I should bring my pay over or intended to garner pity from anyone. It is simply stating a fact that the school board tends to go from one extreme to an other. I do think that 20 years of experience in schools should count for something when becoming a cop in a school. To bring in a teacher and give them experience as a cop for every year they taught is crazy but I do think there should at least be some compensation. Count it at a 4 to 1 and offer 5 years experience for my 20 years. That would make sense. My message was in amazement that no credit is given to teachers. We are being started like someone who has no experience with the school system. So calm down. No one is belittling you or your department. You don't make up the compensation rules. It's Dade County Public Schools.

Unregistered
    Ur an idiot. U were told like five posts back that our union already negotiated that you do not bring your years or any fraction thereof. It is the school board and the union and that ship has sailed for you.

Unregistered
    You cops don’t have any common courtesy. Majority of you could not cut it as a teacher. Lighten up, just simple questions looking for a little insight.

Unregistered
    We have common courtesy. You lack common sense. Know your audience dumbsky. You have have a misgiuded sense of entitlement, and you don't know how to handle when someone tells you the truth. Therefore, you couldn't cut it as a cop.

PS who would want to be a teacher. 😱

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You guys are more sensitive than a milkmaids nipples. Most careers offer compensation for years of related service. I understand you would be upset when some people would be coming in making more than you but my point was not that I should bring my pay over or intended to garner pity from anyone. It is simply stating a fact that the school board tends to go from one extreme to an other. I do think that 20 years of experience in schools should count for something when becoming a cop in a school. To bring in a teacher and give them experience as a cop for every year they taught is crazy but I do think there should at least be some compensation. Count it at a 4 to 1 and offer 5 years experience for my 20 years. That would make sense. My message was in amazement that no credit is given to teachers. We are being started like someone who has no experience with the school system. So calm down. No one is belittling you or your department. You don't make up the compensation rules. It's Dade County Public Schools.
    Your highest 5 years is used to calculate your retirement. It's moot whether it's as a teacher, an officer or an administrator. You get your highest 5 years. So let's use the following:
    + You worked for 6 years as a principal for 120k annually (6 years x 1.6% = 9.6% = $11,520)
    + You worked for 12 years as a teacher for 50k (12 years x 1.6% = 19.2% = $23,040)
    + You worked for 8 years as a LEO (8 years x 3% = 24% = $28,800)
    = You get 120k annually as your highest 5 years (for calculation purposes) You get a total of 52.8% of 120k for a lifetime pension ($60,960)

As a comparison, if you work for 25 years as a LEO with a high 5 of 85k (including OT), here is the math:
    3% x 25 = 75% of 85k = 63.75% = $54,187 for lifetime pension

LEOs get 3% annually, while civilians only get 1.6% annually. That means that
    -- after 30 years, a civilian gets 48% of his high five salary
    -- after 25 years, a LEO gets 75% of his high five salary

It's not complicated.

Unregistered
    Your highest 5 years is used to calculate your retirement. It's moot whether it's as a teacher, an officer or an administrator. You get your highest 5 years. So let's use the following:
    + You worked for 6 years as a principal for 120k annually (6 years x 1.6% = 9.6% = $11,520)
    + You worked for 12 years as a teacher for 50k (12 years x 1.6% = 19.2% = $23,040)
    + You worked for 8 years as a LEO (8 years x 3% = 24% = $28,800)
    = You get 120k annually as your highest 5 years (for calculation purposes) You get a total of 52.8% of 120k for a lifetime pension ($60,960)

As a comparison, if you work for 25 years as a LEO with a high 5 of 85k (including OT), here is the math:
    3% x 25 = 75% of 85k = 63.75% = $54,187 for lifetime pension

LEOs get 3% annually, while civilians only get 1.6% annually. That means that
    -- after 30 years, a civilian gets 48% of his high five salary
    -- after 25 years, a LEO gets 75% of his high five salary

It's not complicated.
    You will make more then 85,000 with OT. A 20 year veteran will be at roughly 94,000 no OT when you add the incentives. Extra incentives like FTO 4% and police instructer 4% will get you at close to 100,000 with not OT.
    You add night school or just football games you'll easily be over 110,000 or 120,000. That's easily 85,000 to 90,000 for 25 year retirement. If you were hired after July 2011 then its 30 years at 90% which would be 105,000 to 108,000 a year.
    Real math that average guys are making with 20 plus years.

Unregistered
    Please spellcheck your posts. If you are a teacher I hope you are not an English major. You can't spell. Your math is also flawed. Just go back to your chalkboard. Leave this be.

Unregistered
    When does the application open back for new applicants ?

Unregistered
    You cops don’t have any common courtesy. Majority of you could not cut it as a teacher. Lighten up, just simple questions looking for a little insight.
    I heard you went to the school board and tried to have your daily 10 month rate span across to 12 month so you could be a school board officer lol. It's not going to work, you could try being a custodian they might take you. Pretty sure that union doesn't have any provisions that keep you from bringing your salary over and turning your high daily rate from 180 days to 260.

Bet you could learn how to use a broom that training class is about 8 hours long.

Unregistered
    Actually the union does have that provision. They negotiated it lady contact to prevent that from happening again. 😢too bad so sad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123