Reserve

Thread: Reserve

Unregistered

Reserve

I’m in the process of applying for a HCSO reserve II position and I’m curious how the reserves are considered by the full time Deputies. Any input would be appreciated.

Unregistered
    The R2s don't get used nearly as much as they used to. Most are content to count the monthly reserve meeting and guarding the SOC parking lot as their required hours and then work a parade once a year. Assuming they even still let them, just be relaxed and competent and do your hours on patrol or some sort of enforcement support. I can't speak for everyone, but I used to like having an R2 work a zone with me. Just don't be the R2 that's always riding as the 2nd man in a car. I hate ride alongs. That includes interns, citizens, rookies, and reserves. Man up and drive your own patrol car. We have your back.

Unregistered
    It would be nice to see them on patrol. Reserves are a massive resource. Heaven forbid anyone remember our primary duties and that patrol is the tip of the spear. We are slammed out there and could use reserves. And I don't mean ride alongs or to take BS 9– and alarm calls. Come out and take some real damn paper.

Unregistered
    You should be happy for anything they do to help and not give them a hard time, or you can do it all yourself.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You should be happy for anything they do to help and not give them a hard time, or you can do it all yourself.
    Already do it all myself bro. Already do. Everyone else running around playing cop. Unless you put your ass on the line on every shift, full time, taking full blown cases from begining to end, making arrests AND THE PAPER, go home late from all the reports, and actually put people in prison, dont bother “helping”. Directing traffic, 911, and 491 doesnt help. Calling for a zone care or cage care, AKA “write this report for me” does not help. In fact, I use those calls to catch up on paper and catch my breath, so by playing cop and taking those calls actually screws me up. Take a domestic arrest or shoplift arrest or how about any paper call. I freaking HATE it when we are short and a reserve or CRD come to “help” only to cry about how they dont know how to use MRE or Mobile forms. Dont bother coming unless you are doing it all the way. Otherwise, you are in my way. Also, if you want to do this, apply as deputy and do it all the way. We are short and need cops. Not actors.

Unregistered
    Car not care. I know I know... spelling. Freaking babies.