Former chief now federal prisoner Ray Atesiano
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Former chief now federal prisoner Ray Atesiano

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.miami...222205540.html

“Raimundo Atesiano, the former Biscayne Park police chief who directed his officers to frame innocent black men for a series of unsolved burglaries, admitted he wanted to appease community leaders and polish the village’s property crimes record.”

This is not the first and definitely won’t be the last ass kissing politician “leader” that we call chief. Take note director Perez and all other chiefs, this is what happens when you don’t have a pair of balls to tell city hall to back off and not let your actions be influenced by political correctness. It also happens when you have keystone citizens with a sense of entitlement that EXPECT AND DEMAND a zero percent crime rate because they live in a “non ghetto” neighborhood.

Crime WILL ALWAYS exist in all parts of this world. Chiefs have to start being leaders again and running their departments how it should be ran. Start supporting your officers rather than throw them to the wolves so they can feel comfortable in doing their jobs and in return, communities will feel safer. Washing homeless people’s feet or having coffee and croquetas with cops won’t do a damn thing.

Nevertheless I’m glad this piece of shi* so called chief got what he deserved for trying to impress the keystone community and village councilmembers.

Unregistered
    A lesson for command and supervisory staff! DO NOT demand quota-like clearance rates from investigative personnel under your command and supervision. At most; providing evidence and facts are there to support the Clearance decision, command and supervisory personnel should follow the National Crime Clearance rates posted by the FBI as an aspirational model. In Law Enforcement, one must always remember Johnnie L. Cochran Jr. immortal phrase: "If It Doesn't Fit, You Must Acquit."

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ges/clearances

Unregistered
    The demand to meet unofficial quotas set by supervisors extend to the uniform officer. This artificial requirement to move within the department is what leads to racial profiling, trumped up charges as a means to arrest, and unnecessarily harsh traffic enforcement. There is a reason we are having more car chases and police related shootings, the public knows ANY police encounter will likely lead to a bs citation and/or arrest and right or wrong, they are trying to avoid it.

Btw, this is one of the few times a supervisor actually gets caught. Usually, the superior condones and even rewards the rogue behavior under the guise of "proactive" police work. That is, until the officer gets caught, upon which the officer gets handed up and the superior officers disavow any knowledge of the bad behavior. The officer is then left to defend himself alone. The superior officer then just moves on and finds another rookie to entice.

Unregistered
    Well there shouldn’t be a quota for ANY officer, patrol and investigations.

To survive in police work nowindays you have to be reactive rather than proactive. Meaning don’t initiate nothing and only react and respond to whatever sh*t comes to you. This is what the community wants, police leadership should understand this.

Unregistered

Well said my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The demand to meet unofficial quotas set by supervisors extend to the uniform officer. This artificial requirement to move within the department is what leads to racial profiling, trumped up charges as a means to arrest, and unnecessarily harsh traffic enforcement. There is a reason we are having more car chases and police related shootings, the public knows ANY police encounter will likely lead to a bs citation and/or arrest and right or wrong, they are trying to avoid it.

Btw, this is one of the few times a supervisor actually gets caught. Usually, the superior condones and even rewards the rogue behavior under the guise of "proactive" police work. That is, until the officer gets caught, upon which the officer gets handed up and the superior officers disavow any knowledge of the bad behavior. The officer is then left to defend himself alone. The superior officer then just moves on and finds another rookie to entice.
    I as an active South Florida police officer believe that a reactive officer can still make a positive impact rather than aggressive proactive policing. My business checks consist of literally parking in front of businesses and sitting in my car. I have learned that police presence to the average citizen makes them believe “something is wrong” and in most cases does more harm than good to restaurants and businesses. By me sitting in the car, I am there if needed such as an information booth. I still have people approach me for information.

I have also received much more positive gestures from giving warnings when I stop them for a more serious infraction like running a red light or throwing themselves in front of another motorist. I really don’t do much traffic enforcement either and won’t bother for tint violations etc.

You do have citizens that “support” the police and want to be “the eyes and ears” of the police and expect them to stop a person who doesn’t belong in the keystone neighborhood
    and violate their rights because they just seem to be up to no good. People need to understand that there are times that we do get calls as such. The anonymous complainant then gets mad at the officer and becomes unanonymous and wants to file a complaint because the officer did nothing by letting the “suspicious male” go. This is very true.

Every new officer that I train I tell them this: NOBODY whether it’s the mayor, chief or a keystone resident that claims to know the mayor or chief can and shouldn’t make you take any police action. It is up to you to know what you can and cannot do. Just because someone calls in a burglary in progress doesn’t mean that is what’s happening. To my fellow officers, we need to wise up and educate ourselves and not allow our actions be dictated by higher ups because when sh*t hits the fan, they WILL NOT back you and will feed you to the wolves.

I have gotten into discussions with my supervisors regarding their questioning as to why I didn’t take action on some incidents. As long as you can articulate you will keep your job and stay out of trouble. I am still serving my community and I am prepared and would rather take a write up or negative evaluation than an indictment and prison time.

Unregistered
    I as an active South Florida police officer believe that a reactive officer can still make a positive impact rather than aggressive proactive policing. My business checks consist of literally parking in front of businesses and sitting in my car. I have learned that police presence to the average citizen makes them believe “something is wrong” and in most cases does more harm than good to restaurants and businesses. By me sitting in the car, I am there if needed such as an information booth. I still have people approach me for information.

I have also received much more positive gestures from giving warnings when I stop them for a more serious infraction like running a red light or throwing themselves in front of another motorist. I really don’t do much traffic enforcement either and won’t bother for tint violations etc.

You do have citizens that “support” the police and want to be “the eyes and ears” of the police and expect them to stop a person who doesn’t belong in the keystone neighborhood
    and violate their rights because they just seem to be up to no good. People need to understand that there are times that we do get calls as such. The anonymous complainant then gets mad at the officer and becomes unanonymous and wants to file a complaint because the officer did nothing by letting the “suspicious male” go. This is very true.

Every new officer that I train I tell them this: NOBODY whether it’s the mayor, chief or a keystone resident that claims to know the mayor or chief can and shouldn’t make you take any police action. It is up to you to know what you can and cannot do. Just because someone calls in a burglary in progress doesn’t mean that is what’s happening. To my fellow officers, we need to wise up and educate ourselves and not allow our actions be dictated by higher ups because when sh*t hits the fan, they WILL NOT back you and will feed you to the wolves.

I have gotten into discussions with my supervisors regarding their questioning as to why I didn’t take action on some incidents. As long as you can articulate you will keep your job and stay out of trouble. I am still serving my community and I am prepared and would rather take a write up or negative evaluation than an indictment and prison time.
    I will put it more succinctly for you: YOU ARE A ZERO!

Unregistered

How the hell are you training anyone? As an officer, you suck and are only influencing others to be as mediocre as you.

Unregistered

Ladies and gentlemen, meet your next Major. He’ll tell everyone how great he was as an officer and demand those in his district/bureau have high proactive based numbers with equally high closure rates.

Unregistered
    I will put it more succinctly for you: YOU ARE A ZERO!
    Yea a zero in staying my as* outta trouble. You seem to be a rookie who hasn’t spent more than 2 years on the job. Keep being a HERO that’s gonna get killed or jammed up and indicted. I can see you’re the cop that takes everything personal like when a subject verbally abuses you or the cop that chases cars that refuse to stop or even plain stolen vehicles. Very succinctly put, you’re pathetic.

I still get paid like you do and am not out there doing more than handling my assigned area calls. You will soon learn that your stats don’t impress anyone rookie.

Unregistered

I’m assuming I’m replying to the same rookie

How the hell are you training anyone? As an officer, you suck and are only influencing others to be as mediocre as you.
    Lemme guess, you’re an FTO rookie with 2 years or less in the county and think you know how this job works? By any chance are you the FTO clown that told a lateral PPO to chase a car that refused to stop for a traffic violation and resulted in crashing?

No one really cares with how much stats you generate. Everyone on your shift gets paid the same as you do you loser. The only thing you will get coming is a reality check when you see yourself in a IA for doing what you thought was right. Wake up and read the news. Alot of officers are getting indicted and or terminated for literally “doing their jobs”.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast