Screw up mpve up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Screw up mpve up

ML getting promoted to commander. This man led the good old boyz, he was a the leader of the bonding parties, aka sex parties. Got mad at the ex wife, backed his patrol car into a tree totaling it, lied thru a very questionable fatal shooting, completely disregarding all proper tactical procedures which direct led to the fatal shooting, was the sgt in charge the day of the infamous rape party, which led to two false arrests and one of our own committing suicide. His off duty antics and self described rock n roll lifestyle are legend. He has more admin leaves and visits to the dept shrink than any other officer. Yet here we are, promoted again. Never admonished, never disciplined and why, because he is buds with asst chief CM. Yes things have changed here for the better, but I cannot help believe this promotion just set us back to square one.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    ML getting promoted to commander. This man led the good old boyz, he was a the leader of the bonding parties, aka sex parties. Got mad at the ex wife, backed his patrol car into a tree totaling it, lied thru a very questionable fatal shooting, completely disregarding all proper tactical procedures which direct led to the fatal shooting, was the sgt in charge the day of the infamous rape party, which led to two false arrests and one of our own committing suicide. His off duty antics and self described rock n roll lifestyle are legend. He has more admin leaves and visits to the dept shrink than any other officer. Yet here we are, promoted again. Never admonished, never disciplined and why, because he is buds with asst chief CM. Yes things have changed here for the better, but I cannot help believe this promotion just set us back to square one.
    Ahhh, you got passed by for the promotion, huh?

Unregistered
    You again, back spewing your negativity. Isn’t it the Chief’s descretion to promote people to those positions, and NOT yours? And enough of you already, for us to back at ‘square one’ we would have to be back to the utter madness that was KV. Enough drama, the PD is making tremendous strides, STFU because you aren’t happy because the MAJORITY of us are!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    I concur on the concern.. I just keep reminding myself that everyone got a clean slate... Time shall tell the rest.

Unregistered
    liar? Yes.. Cover up with the party? Yes. Created the shooting? Yes. Even admitted to it in out training. The previous failed to mention sex on duty. Yes! I have little hope in our future. Especially with the clowns up stairs.

Unregistered

Its a family thing

liar? Yes.. Cover up with the party? Yes. Created the shooting? Yes. Even admitted to it in out training. The previous failed to mention sex on duty. Yes! I have little hope in our future. Especially with the clowns up stairs.
    Apparently thee is a rumor floating about that somehow Chief karma is related to Lear, well since he was not the best qualified candidate, we now know how he got the job. A family decision. Cleverly hidden from the taxpayers. It was easy blaming all the problems on KV and maybe rightfully so, but he was certainly not responsible for them all. We have CM, lets face it, he was never really a cop, just a politician and a chronic, well, I will tell you what you want to hear, even if its a lie, he is in way over his head. In his stint as interim, lets see, the traffic unit, unmarked different color cars with ghost markings ( decals) rainbow fleet traffic unit and then the bearcat. We all should remember, the majority of the problems in the detective bureau, ie the stingray illegal usage and botched investigations were under his leadership as a sgt and the majority of the parties, misconduct and brutality in patrol were under his leadership as a captain. Now as asst chief, the only female commander suddenly retires, this after just becoming a commander and then the asst chiefs party boy sgt ML gets promoted and takes her place, coincidence ?????? or forced out so a good old boy can take the reins. Have things really changed here, it appears not. The commissioners have thrown taxpayers monies at this dept and avoided the past problems. Lear wasted all that time and taxpayer money when he had the intention since day one to hire a relative, did we get the best bang for our buck, not even close. Chief karma hired his boys from Lee county, even making one a commander and then took another from the reserve police and made him a commander, neither from North Port. Chief karma is just another version of KV, bit more stable and educated but so far still following the same tracks in the KV mud.

Unregistered
    I've been working in this department during the TL tenure as well as the disastrous KV tyranny and I will blatantly disagree with your assessment of the status here. I haven't seen this department be so at ease and morale so upbeat in the last 10 years. This is the first chief that actually thinks like a cop. Not like a political buffoon like TL was or the nerd given power bully like KV was. There's excitement in the air now when you can come to work without worrying about avoiding a chief that looked more to stick it up our asses more than anything. This chief supports us, which is a breath of fresh air for everyone. He has identified the debacle that his predecessor made of the department with his idiotic ideas and has made and continues to make positive changes for everyone. You don't work here and continue to berate CM. Remember that Captains work at the Chief's discretion and he worked under KV who replaced 3 under his regime.

Unregistered

Te cancer is still here

I've been working in this department during the TL tenure as well as the disastrous KV tyranny and I will blatantly disagree with your assessment of the status here. I haven't seen this department be so at ease and morale so upbeat in the last 10 years. This is the first chief that actually thinks like a cop. Not like a political buffoon like TL was or the nerd given power bully like KV was. There's excitement in the air now when you can come to work without worrying about avoiding a chief that looked more to stick it up our asses more than anything. This chief supports us, which is a breath of fresh air for everyone. He has identified the debacle that his predecessor made of the department with his idiotic ideas and has made and continues to make positive changes for everyone. You don't work here and continue to berate CM. Remember that Captains work at the Chief's discretion and he worked under KV who replaced 3 under his regime.
    The Chief is a nice guy and he has made changes but, the reality is this, we had a cancer in KV, but, it was not only KV it was also CM,ML,ES,SL and a few more were more than willing to cut throats to get what KV wanted. If you don't eliminate the entire cancer it will regrow, as it is now. The commissioners gave us a big raise, thank you, threw money into equipment which was lets say frivolously spent. It appears, if true, the city mgr and chief are relatives which opens up a whole new set of problems, ethically speaking. Outsiders bought in to command positions, female commander suddenly retires and ML, the party leader is promoted, no minorities promotions, all white, all good old boy command staff. Some of the names have changed but the problematic players are still in control. If you eliminate the entire cancer then and only then will we cancer free. Its time to move this dept forward away from the good old boyz rule and into the 21st century

Unregistered
    The Chief is a nice guy and he has made changes but, the reality is this, we had a cancer in KV, but, it was not only KV it was also CM,ML,ES,SL and a few more were more than willing to cut throats to get what KV wanted. If you don't eliminate the entire cancer it will regrow, as it is now. The commissioners gave us a big raise, thank you, threw money into equipment which was lets say frivolously spent. It appears, if true, the city mgr and chief are relatives which opens up a whole new set of problems, ethically speaking. Outsiders bought in to command positions, female commander suddenly retires and ML, the party leader is promoted, no minorities promotions, all white, all good old boy command staff. Some of the names have changed but the problematic players are still in control. If you eliminate the entire cancer then and only then will we cancer free. Its time to move this dept forward away from the good old boyz rule and into the 21st century
    More of the same.

Unregistered
    So then go work somewhere else. That goes for you too, Marshall. Stay off LEO Affairs and get a life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast