5 colonels? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5 colonels?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Really? We have five units on our squad instead of the required 12. We dont even have mid shift units. Not even 1 or 2 like some squads usually do, and that is not even enough! We need 8 or so mid shift units like we had years ago. We are ****ing slammed! A colonel position created just for a special person. Wow! Just wow! As if the creation of D5 did not creat enough command positions for special people while leaving the SAME EXACT, if not less, number of short handed deputies on the street! Nothing improved for patrol. In fact, in order to minimally staff D5, the very important mid shift was done away with county wide.

This is what I have noticed in the last 5 years or so... More neighborhoods, more apartment complexes, more businesses, more traffic, more bad people moving in from other areas, more section 8, More calls, more crime, more crashes, more BS useless paperwork, more crazy people, more supervisors, more commanders, more districts, more colonels, more micromanaging, more stress, more people quitting....

Less deputies.

Bravo HCSO
    Boom son. You nailed it. Well said my friend.

Unregistered
    thanks for sharing peeps

Unregistered
    So if the OP has five people on his/her patrol squad and the five colonels were directly supervising that patrol squad, wouldn't the ratio be 1:1? Boy, you might be legally retarded.
    Hahahaahahahahahaha

Unregistered
    Really? We have five units on our squad instead of the required 12. We dont even have mid shift units. Not even 1 or 2 like some squads usually do, and that is not even enough! We need 8 or so mid shift units like we had years ago. We are ****ing slammed! A colonel position created just for a special person. Wow! Just wow! As if the creation of D5 did not creat enough command positions for special people while leaving the SAME EXACT, if not less, number of short handed deputies on the street! Nothing improved for patrol. In fact, in order to minimally staff D5, the very important mid shift was done away with county wide.

This is what I have noticed in the last 5 years or so... More neighborhoods, more apartment complexes, more businesses, more traffic, more bad people moving in from other areas, more section 8, More calls, more crime, more crashes, more BS useless paperwork, more crazy people, more supervisors, more commanders, more districts, more colonels, more micromanaging, more stress, more people quitting....

Less deputies.

Bravo HCSO
    I'll tell you what makes no sense-this post. You lay it out correctly-yes, the BOCC gives Developers the green light, so they build. Every part of this Cointy is built out except for South County, so now that is being built out.

Here's where your logic loses steam. If South County is being built out, FOR ONCE, Hillsborough County was being proactive in terms of infrastructure and D5 was born BEFORE we were swimming in calls for this area being dispatched from D4.

Gotta think ahead in this game. That's something this County has never done.

Unregistered
    I'll tell you what makes no sense-this post. You lay it out correctly-yes, the BOCC gives Developers the green light, so they build. Every part of this Cointy is built out except for South County, so now that is being built out.

Here's where your logic loses steam. If South County is being built out, FOR ONCE, Hillsborough County was being proactive in terms of infrastructure and D5 was born BEFORE we were swimming in calls for this area being dispatched from D4.

Gotta think ahead in this game. That's something this County has never done.
    D4 was and still is critically short handed. D5 is still slammed. Barely keeping afloat. Same as the ild D4 deployment. It’s not how you cut it, it’s how many people are working the street.

When D5 was implemented, regardless of how the size, shapes, and amount of zones changed, if you looked closely. The amount of deputies covering the areas was the same. I’m fact it was worse because mid shift was gone and all the promotions to fill the D5 offices caused an even bigger shortage.

We are more short now than ever.

Order a pizza but cut it in 6 slices because I can’t eat all 8. That’s basically the same moron mentality about D5. The ONLY ones that benefited were EVERYONE above the rank of patrol deputy.

D5 was a pet project. If they cared, they would have fully staffed us first, then implemented D5.

Unregistered
    Hate to say it, so very true.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123