Potential lateral

Unregistered

Potential lateral

Sup guys... I’m thinking about lateraling back to Florida after spending the last few years with a large west coast department... I’m trying to slice through the bullshit I find online. I’d be taking about a $30k pay cut initially to come back but I miss doing real police work... I’m trying to figure out what TPDs OT is like, tattoo policy, take home range and the interns problems every department has. Any info is appreciated...

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sup guys... I’m thinking about lateraling back to Florida after spending the last few years with a large west coast department... I’m trying to slice through the bullshit I find online. I’d be taking about a $30k pay cut initially to come back but I miss doing real police work... I’m trying to figure out what TPDs OT is like, tattoo policy, take home range and the interns problems every department has. Any info is appreciated...
    When you start a question with "sup guys..." I think you should stay where you are because they deserve you way too much. They would be crazy to ever let a star like you go.

Unregistered
    OT is generally only court(guaranteed 3 hours if scheduled during your off time), but there is PLENTY of off-duty. Tattoos cannot be visible, you are permitted to wear a long sleeve shirt to cover them. Take home cars are given after you complete your probation, which is one year, and can be taken as far as adjoining counties. We have the same issues as any other large police department, and they won't affect you so long as you're a hard worker.

Unregistered
    OT is generally only court(guaranteed 3 hours if scheduled during your off time), but there is PLENTY of off-duty. Tattoos cannot be visible, you are permitted to wear a long sleeve shirt to cover them. Take home cars are given after you complete your probation, which is one year, and can be taken as far as adjoining counties. We have the same issues as any other large police department, and they won't affect you so long as you're a hard worker.

Are you able to wear a compression sleeve over your tattoos or are the sticklers about the long shirt thing?

Unregistered
    30k hit. Our officers top out at 90k.

Unregistered
    If he is coming from big California PD then I believe he will take a 30k hit even from the MPO 90k here but it will be a soft hit in numbers only because 90k here will buy him what it takes 150k in Cali to buy, better cost of living here in Tampa.

Unregistered
    No compression sleeves. Long sleeve uniform shirt, or removal are your only two options.

Unregistered
    Right but you don't start there. So 30k hit starting out

Unregistered
    Compression sleeves just got approved to wear