What will it take to keep you all from leaving? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have to laugh at what the Charlotte Sun puts in the paper. January 1st 2019, page 8, predictions for 2019. Sheriff Prummell predicts he will "have a little less hair", where as the Chief of North Port says something that actually makes sense and is worth a damn. On top of that, the front page states Charlotte County has the 2nd highest net worth in the state, but Bill can't support his guys and get them the equipment they need.

Nothing but knee jerk reactions and command staff that is similar to teflon, unable to remember where they originated. The upper echelon doesn't care about retention of their members because half are in the drop and just want their money, not caring what happens when they leave.

By no means do I agree with some of the garbage Sheets puts out there because a lot of it is very outlandish and he is a little crazy. However I hope he keeps digging into the command staff and the good old boy system. His buddy Ian is just a complete idiot and likes to haggle people for no reason.
    You call these guys crazy, but how would you classify everybody else that just stands by and does nothing?

Unregistered

Makes no sense

Ok, if outer vest with class c were an option, it went out the door. Everyone but the Star and K9 is not allowed to wear outer vests.

People aren't leaving cause you have to write reports, really? Need to do their jobs!!!!

Money is a huge factor. If you have 25yrs or more to go in FRS... Then run to another agency!!!! $5,000 more a year towards you retirement over 25yrs is $125,000.... that's without raises, promotion and OT.

Health insurance for Collier family plan is only $192 and they have less deductibles. Sarasota is about the same and North Port is a bit more like $265. If you make more money towards your retirement then why not.

Baseless IA's isn't always true, but your guilty 95% of the time and punished for minor things. Their a double standard on who they put in an IA. A SGT in CID had a prisoner escape while he was in charge and a knife for a stabbing come up missing while he was in charge, on OT. No punishments.... if you or me were in charge for those two cases we be kicked to the road and demoted.

The Command Staff has said time and time again personnel are liabilities not assets. Where is all the money for all these openings? There isn't enough cars at fleet if were fully staffed. The GAP insurance wasn't purchased until after the union had the Blue Cross statement and our insurance dropped its price. Money is going somewhere.

Cops are paid to link associates and look for motive. We know when we are being feed BULLSHIT and it's being shoveled!!

They don't care about retention because they say millennials leave their jobs quicker. Yep, we do, we leave retail and other non skilled jobs instead of staying to become that store manager... we see bullshit and don't need it. We do however stay in professional jobs and we also look long term towards retirement more than you old guys did.

Unregistered
    Ok, if outer vest with class c were an option, it went out the door. Everyone but the Star and K9 is not allowed to wear outer vests.

People aren't leaving cause you have to write reports, really? Need to do their jobs!!!!

Money is a huge factor. If you have 25yrs or more to go in FRS... Then run to another agency!!!! $5,000 more a year towards you retirement over 25yrs is $125,000.... that's without raises, promotion and OT.

Health insurance for Collier family plan is only $192 and they have less deductibles. Sarasota is about the same and North Port is a bit more like $265. If you make more money towards your retirement then why not.

Baseless IA's isn't always true, but your guilty 95% of the time and punished for minor things. Their a double standard on who they put in an IA. A SGT in CID had a prisoner escape while he was in charge and a knife for a stabbing come up missing while he was in charge, on OT. No punishments.... if you or me were in charge for those two cases we be kicked to the road and demoted.

The Command Staff has said time and time again personnel are liabilities not assets. Where is all the money for all these openings? There isn't enough cars at fleet if were fully staffed. The GAP insurance wasn't purchased until after the union had the Blue Cross statement and our insurance dropped its price. Money is going somewhere.

Cops are paid to link associates and look for motive. We know when we are being feed BULLSHIT and it's being shoveled!!

They don't care about retention because they say millennials leave their jobs quicker. Yep, we do, we leave retail and other non skilled jobs instead of staying to become that store manager... we see bullshit and don't need it. We do however stay in professional jobs and we also look long term towards retirement more than you old guys did.
    Amen to that

Unregistered

Nepotism is alive and well

Stop micro managing everyone. You can't sneeze without having to write ten memos. A deputy can't do his job because the commanders are so obsessed with numbers and not with quality police work. And the only people who get promoted are related to someone in some way. The command staff will deny it, but nepotism is very much alive. Give fair chances to people who deserve them. It's not about pay. It's about the disrespectful way officers are treated by the commanders. But they don't want to hear it. So people leave.

Unregistered
    EVERY SHERIFF has issues with his people. When it was Worch you guys had something to say. Worch was smart enough to know most of you didn't live in Charlotte County You guys didn't like Clement because he brought in favara, carp and Sapp. The most quiet time was Davenport -- maybe because he had been around forever. Cameron tried to change things and you guys whined about Partington, Bonsall and that Goofball that took photos all day Mike something. You guys thought Cameron was with Amity - so Ronnie got special treatment. IF you look at it most of the command staff and issues we have were under Cameron. You have some real winners on command staff. And BP was never a real road cop. He was a detective his whole career because his personality is so bland. BP likes detectives . Look at Dowling and other promotions --- they shouldn't of happened.

The real thing is CCSO needs someone from outside to win. Look at how Tom Knight changed Sarasota for the better because he wasn't hand picked by Balkwill.

Unregistered
    Their reign of terror will come to an end soon. They have been so busy trying to bury those that may expose them that it's getting sloppy. In due time, one by one, the dirty dozen will fall victim to their own arrogance and hubris.

Ask yourself why they are so guarded with their words. Why are they so distant when they are right next to you? What happened to simple greetings and a smile? Watch the way they even interact with each other. They aren't even pleasant with each other. Why don't you guys even like each other? You made it. You're all in the club.

For all intents and purposes, we work in one of the best, most supportive communities a republican sheriff could be elected in. Voters vote party lines and we are a strong republican community. We are one of the safest communities in Florida. Crime is low. Due to the 50 vacancies, we are well under budget for the year. Not just under budget, but when you consider all the costs involved with 50 vacancies, it's conservatively $200,000/month. I'm sure we'll give that money back to the county, yielding county commissioner support. That's full support from everyone, the tax payers, the county commissioners, everyone that holds them accountable. Yet, they are still angry and spiteful. Why? What's the chink in the armor? It must be us, the employees. The employees are the only ones who can expose them for who they are. (and maybe some CI's but we're not here to talk about that)

So, when your greatest weakness is your greatest asset, what do you do?

Step one, eliminate promotional processes that limit your ability to hand select who you want to promote. Create an "applicant pool" rather than the fair and anonymous eligibility list that was in place. Let's get the good ole' boys in!

Step two, eliminate the value of seniority. A claim of seniority is a power chip. Take all power away from the employee so you have absolute control. Shit, a six month rook can get Christmas off if he plays the system right, denying a 29 year deputy of the day off. Who would the Vet get mad at? The rook, not the system. Keep the minions fighting amongst each other.

Step three, blame the union for everything. We've all been there, sitting in roll call, training or just floating an idea by the Major. What's the common scripted response? We'd love to let you take your car home but the union won't let you. I think that a step plan would be great but the union won't allow it. We wish we could provide better shifts but this damn union of yours.... Really? Just how ignorant do you think we are? And when I did go to the union, as suggested, the explanation was much clearer than anything ever provided by command staff. The union negotiates for the minimum benefits provided to us, not the maximum. The sheriff can give us anything he wants. He just can't deny us what's required by contract. That makes more sense than the usual "I'd love to but..." bullshit we've been fed time and time again.

Step four, be heavy handed with discipline. If you show the minions just how tough and cruel you can be, the less likely a minion will try to take a stand. The last thing this administration needs is an independent thinker or someone who stands up for himself or someone else. If you fire and fire often, the minions will never forget that it can happen to them as well. This form of social control will prevent 99% of the problems associated with employees, especially since most of them are two paychecks away from financial ruin.

That brings me to step five, only pay them enough to survive, not thrive. Only starting pay needs to be attractive, as well as benefits at face value. It's not until your vested in the agency that you realize your getting screwed compared to those you went to the academy with who now make 20k more than you do after 8 years. How is that possible you ask? Well, it's the little things, such as time and a half after 80 hours, double time and a half for holidays, no such thing as "flex time." If you make a late arrest, you get paid for it. Not told to just come in late next shift. Not to mention SWAT Stipend, detective stipend, FTO stipend, K-9, Dive team, ect. Oh, night shift differential too. Not to mention a take home car, off duty use no matter where you live.

Step six, **** morale. The higher morale, the higher the sense of entitlement. When morale is high, the unthinkable transfers, firings, promotions and other corrupt actions would be a real slap in the face. It could cause a united mutiny.
    We would be on Fox News demanding answers! However, when morale is low, we're all used to it. It's just a day in the life of a CCSO employee. Nothing surprises us anymore. We're broken souls trying to keep our heads down, hoping we're not next.

Step seven, dissent equals treason. Eliminate anyone who speaks out against you. Also eliminate anyone who is an influencer who may simply call it how he sees it. If you question their actions, even if it's just for educational purposes or better understanding so you too can be a leader someday, they will strike you down and put you in their place. Question nothing, obey everything blindly is the secret to success.

I think you are starting to get the point. In order for CCSO to change, it's going to take more that just an election. It's going to take a strong leader, from the outside, with integrity beyond reproach, that will clear out the entire executive command, to include high level civilians.

Unregistered
    Lookout Charlotte County. SHEETS is on a Roll....he knows of the nepotism and bad promotions. Maybe he needs to know about Jorg Dopplebower and his promotion. How did that happen? Will Sheets find out the deals that were made? Maybe Sheets will ask who Lt Hamp dates? Doesnt he date Prummell family member? Ask who Judy Prummel is/ She was just made a volunteer a few months ago. Do you think she is hiding records or keeping things private?

And lets not even begin to ask about how Chris Maler and Keith Depersia got thier promotions. Sheets to the rescue.

Unregistered
    I think that you all have some really fine people working at your agency. Just from an outsiders perspective. I think that your leadership is tired and may need "freshening up". A few emails stating "your services are no longer needed" from your new Sheriff.
    I just wanted to say that under Tom Knight the SSO has had its highest attrition rate ever...."ever". Look it up if you doubt me. Also he hired Kurt Hoffman as his Col. If any of you do not know him look up Charlotte County Reserve Deputy Steals Gas in Marked Patrol Car. That would be Kurt.

There is a certain person who currently works at the CCSO who is telling people that he is the Next Sheriff. Is that what you all want? has he earned your personal respect? Will it be an extension of the same old stuff? Your choice.

Can you all band together long enough to make a change during an election?

One thing that you will hear throughout your career from old timers is "the deputies don't matter during an election". That is not true. Tell those naysayers, that deputies are cared for more by the citizens than the Management. If the people feel like you are all being treated like crap then they will speak up, because they know you can't. It comes in the form of a check every four years. Also tell your family, friends and, neighbors how bad BP sucks (in clever way to keep yourself out of trouble).

Demand more from your union guys. Tell them it is time to find a candidate for Sheriff with a fresh mind. An outsider no alliances to his favorite citizens. If the union people are scared for their careers and won't do it, time to find new union guys. You all are in control. That is a fact!! The Sheriff does not want you to figure that out.

Look at Sheriff Tony Broward SO. he was merely a Sgt. for a short time and only worked for 12 years at a smaller PD and the Guv. waves his wand and make him Car1. Anyone can be Sheriff it just takes your "unofficial" leaders to find him or her. That is how Knight was propped up. Back door deals from their old timers. When Jeff Bell left the race Knight was asked to run to fill in last minute and he won. Don't believe me look up the contributions. Most are from SSO employees and their families. Find him or her you can do it.

One last note. If you look at the Broward leo affairs page you can see the part that those deputies are having. Tony came in and fired the entire staff. I promise you a new outsider Sheriff will do the same thing. A lot of emails stating "I no longer require your services". Won't that feel good to watch those people that single handily destroyed your agency pack up their stuff and leave? It can happen. You can do it.

Andrew Sheets to the rescue? Wow that really is a the flag being hung upside down. Whoever wrote that is a desperate man. That is not meant to be derogatory just an observation.

Band together brothers. Be clever and win back your agency. Have pride in the CCSO!

Unregistered
    I think that you all have some really fine people working at your agency. Just from an outsiders perspective. I think that your leadership is tired and may need "freshening up". A few emails stating "your services are no longer needed" from your new Sheriff.
    I just wanted to say that under Tom Knight the SSO has had its highest attrition rate ever...."ever". Look it up if you doubt me. Also he hired Kurt Hoffman as his Col. If any of you do not know him look up Charlotte County Reserve Deputy Steals Gas in Marked Patrol Car. That would be Kurt.

There is a certain person who currently works at the CCSO who is telling people that he is the Next Sheriff. Is that what you all want? has he earned your personal respect? Will it be an extension of the same old stuff? Your choice.

Can you all band together long enough to make a change during an election?

One thing that you will hear throughout your career from old timers is "the deputies don't matter during an election". That is not true. Tell those naysayers, that deputies are cared for more by the citizens than the Management. If the people feel like you are all being treated like crap then they will speak up, because they know you can't. It comes in the form of a check every four years. Also tell your family, friends and, neighbors how bad BP sucks (in clever way to keep yourself out of trouble).

Demand more from your union guys. Tell them it is time to find a candidate for Sheriff with a fresh mind. An outsider no alliances to his favorite citizens. If the union people are scared for their careers and won't do it, time to find new union guys. You all are in control. That is a fact!! The Sheriff does not want you to figure that out.

Look at Sheriff Tony Broward SO. he was merely a Sgt. for a short time and only worked for 12 years at a smaller PD and the Guv. waves his wand and make him Car1. Anyone can be Sheriff it just takes your "unofficial" leaders to find him or her. That is how Knight was propped up. Back door deals from their old timers. When Jeff Bell left the race Knight was asked to run to fill in last minute and he won. Don't believe me look up the contributions. Most are from SSO employees and their families. Find him or her you can do it.

One last note. If you look at the Broward leo affairs page you can see the part that those deputies are having. Tony came in and fired the entire staff. I promise you a new outsider Sheriff will do the same thing. A lot of emails stating "I no longer require your services". Won't that feel good to watch those people that single handily destroyed your agency pack up their stuff and leave? It can happen. You can do it.

Andrew Sheets to the rescue? Wow that really is a the flag being hung upside down. Whoever wrote that is a desperate man. That is not meant to be derogatory just an observation.

Band together brothers. Be clever and win back your agency. Have pride in the CCSO!
    If this were a fairy tale your words would be encouraging. First, Hoffman was there before Knight. And in 2004 Hoffman came within 400 votes of being our Sheriff.

I do agree that command staff is tired. Look at them. You have the hic-cup Jimmy Kenville. Mike Anderson - he wanted to be Sheriff so bad but he knew he was unelectable so he cut a deal to not run. Thomas Rodgers - ummmm And Earl. Earl is a great soldier - exactly why BP wants him there.

There was a time when CCSO was revered in the community outside of Rotonda and PGI isles. Now it is just the sheeple that love CCSO

It is time we band together. Do we want Williams as the next Sheriff? This anointment as Sheriff started with Cameron and Prummell followed. The key is raising money because most people dont care about the Sheriff. Those that have been wronged lost their right to vote (I KNOW THEY GOT IT BACK NOW) and there are very few people who think criminals tell the truth. Old people seem to not care people die in jail or Deputies are corrupt because they see a cop car in their neighborhood. Do you know how much money it takes to run for SHeriff? $150k - EASY. That is why Tom is SO2 - he knows how to shake the money tree for Prummell and others.

Unregistered
    SO2 specializes in shaking the money tree. Vendors upon vendors, upon vendors that now serve the agency. And all must give tribute to the campaign. Heck, he'll even tell them how to give more and
    make it legit. Notice that the building construction cycle is every four years? Wonder why. Steady cash flow, that's why.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast