Hiring process
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiring process

Unregistered

Hiring process

Is there anyone going tthrough the hiring process right now? If so where in the hiring process are you? ...

Unregistered

FL deputy thinking about applying to SPPD

Been with my current SO going on 5 years. Currently traffic unit/motors officer. Tired of working in the sticks/retirement community. I like St Pete and have been looking at applying based on the current salary (which seems better than Tampa PD at this point). Looking for real opinions about the Dept and if it’s worth trying to get on down there.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Been with my current SO going on 5 years. Currently traffic unit/motors officer. Tired of working in the sticks/retirement community. I like St Pete and have been looking at applying based on the current salary (which seems better than Tampa PD at this point). Looking for real opinions about the Dept and if it’s worth trying to get on down there.
    If you cant get hired anywhere else then go for it. Youd be silly not to go with TPD or any other agency.

Unregistered
    If you cant get hired anywhere else then go for it. Youd be silly not to go with TPD or any other agency.
    Why do you say that? I’ve read some of the other topics on this thread and it seems like some guys aren’t too fond of SPPD. I don’t work there so I can’t disagree with what’s being said but I’d like to know the real deal. Are you guys micro managed? Does morale suck? Is it just non stop calls for service all shift? Like why does everyone sound like it’s awful down there? It seems like you guys are hiring constantly... and that 8k signing bonus sounds pretty nice. But why are you guys hiring so much? Is the retention rate among new officers that bad or are you guys losing officers to retirements, etc.

Unregistered
    Why do you say that? I’ve read some of the other topics on this thread and it seems like some guys aren’t too fond of SPPD. I don’t work there so I can’t disagree with what’s being said but I’d like to know the real deal. Are you guys micro managed? Does morale suck? Is it just non stop calls for service all shift? Like why does everyone sound like it’s awful down there? It seems like you guys are hiring constantly... and that 8k signing bonus sounds pretty nice. But why are you guys hiring so much? Is the retention rate among new officers that bad or are you guys losing officers to retirements, etc.
    Sanctuary City. No laws. Park, walk talk

Unregistered
    Sanctuary City. No laws. Park, walk talk
    We got laws, but they only apply to whites (minorities)

Unregistered
    Please don't rely on the peanut gallery when choosing to apply with SPPD. There are always issues with any agency, but it is not nearly as bad as some would like you to believe. It's what you make of it. We are currently in a transition period with over 30 retirements last year. We are also hiring to deal with dozens of retirements over the past 2-3 years. This place is what you make it and the pay and benefits for a certified officer aren't too bad.

Unregistered
    Please don't rely on the peanut gallery when choosing to apply with SPPD. There are always issues with any agency, but it is not nearly as bad as some would like you to believe. It's what you make of it. We are currently in a transition period with over 30 retirements last year. We are also hiring to deal with dozens of retirements over the past 2-3 years. This place is what you make it and the pay and benefits for a certified officer aren't too bad.
    Yea I figured as much. How are they on college for applicants? Will they even consider you without a degree? I have prior active duty Air Force and 4.5 yrs on the job.

Unregistered
    You only need 30 credit hours.

Unregistered
    "Transition period" kind of hard to get over when all the new hires are dropping their bags and hot tailing it after their contract is up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast