Same day hiring events for Correctional Officers and Probation Officer transfer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Same day hiring events for Correctional Officers and Probation Officer transfer

Hello,

I am moving to Florida and was considering applying to work with FDC at one of the the same day hiring events. How fast do you actually start behind the wall working? Also, I will be applying to the Probation Officer jobs at the same time. Is there any problems with transferring from a prison to a probation job?

Thanks!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello,

I am moving to Florida and was considering applying to work with FDC at one of the the same day hiring events. How fast do you actually start behind the wall working? Also, I will be applying to the Probation Officer jobs at the same time. Is there any problems with transferring from a prison to a probation job?

Thanks!!!
    two different academies. Pick one and stick with it. But if you really want my advice, join a sheriff's office that will actually pay you a living wage with quality annual pay raises. FDC is a dead end street and I completely regret ever joining this dysfunctional agency that has been ruined by airhead skirts who are mean, nasty and incompetent. Don't join FDC, you will be sorry.

Unregistered
    two different academies. Pick one and stick with it. But if you really want my advice, join a sheriff's office that will actually pay you a living wage with quality annual pay raises. FDC is a dead end street and I completely regret ever joining this dysfunctional agency that has been ruined by airhead skirts who are mean, nasty and incompetent. Don't join FDC, you will be sorry.
    I agree 100%.

Unregistered
    Agree... At least on the P&P side it used to be pretty competitive with other Police Departments. However, the past decade poor, borderline criminal leadership has destroyed us. It really kicked in with re-entry philosophy (AKA let dangerous people walk). No one is really honest with you from the top. They will tell you re-entry has caused crime rates to drop---yep sure did because we put fewer people in Jail. The 100% truth is we were getting grant money from the Obama Administration (prison reform). The 2nd 100% truth is no one really cares how many people complete CRD or Probation successfully, but we do care who is committing more crimes. Our Leadership does not. I will never forget Regional Director Mike Anderson (who is a pretty respectable person) tell a group of veteran officer's "If you catch a house arrest case out of residence they are probably eating dinner with Family or attending a little league sporting that involves their child." That was it I knew we had lost all direction and respect.

As to the prison side, I have never worked inside. However, I have been told by several Wardens the FSP is now known as "Julies Daycare". Gone are the days when Florida Prisons were some of the most feared in the country. Prison is now referred to as the Inmates safe place. When did we forget Prison is supposed to be Hell on earth. A place that people fear and don't ever want to go, a place that is run with an iron fist. Nope now we are gentle and kind or your fired. Who makes these decisions , Julie Jones. Someone who has never worked a day in corrections or P&P. Who runs P&P Jenny Nimer, who is a Real Estate Agent and has never worked a day in P&P as a real Officer. So there you have it. This is why you run far away. This will take years to repair. James Crosby was the best Secretary we ever had, hands down.

Unregistered
    Hopefully DeSantis will replace them all.

Unregistered
    You are correct. Really to fix this all Senior Mgmt need to be let go. In some cases all the way down to the CA. None of the RD's have spoke up, None of the various Chiefs have spoke up, None of the Assistant RD's have spoke up. However they all rec'd raises. So I get it you wanted to keep your jobs. Ok great your time is up move on. Most of you have never spent any real time as officer's anyway you made good money, so now give others a chance. Lets face it the Job cant be done any worse then it already has. You were all in a position to make a difference and decided just to keep your mouth shut. How many citizens have lost their life because of poor leadership. We all know Sr. Staff deletes case notes if there is a high profile incident. That's why no one is permitted to read case notes when they hear of something on the news. I don't want to even get into the scam of the Correctional Foundation and some RD's collect a salary from it, or how Secretary Jones used the money for Inmate recreation (just check the tax return they filed). Another problem I have is FDLE admits they know of the problems. They know P&P lets people walk out that should be arrested, They know we pass people all day long in DT's that have no business being there and they know we are consistently told we are not first responders when we clearly are. I have been told they have hundreds of complaints in reference to Dereliction of Duty. Heck a CA Matt Sampson openly told a Sr. Officer that he should not have assisted in aiding a local Detective that was in a physical confrontation with one of our offenders. Stating "you should have ran and called 911". Sampson should have been arrested for such an order. This type of behavior goes on every day. I implore if anyone from Governor Desantis Administration reads this check into it and you will see these are facts not exaggerations.

Unregistered
    Sampson is a coward for making that statement if its factual. I wasn't there but I believe you. Look around you and see who gets promoted to senior leadership. All butt kissers and people who have zero leadership skills. Bureaucrats who haven't had a caseload in 20 years and may have never had a caseload. I'm glad I'm leaving in a few months. This agency is a disgrace and its worse now more than ever.

Unregistered
    Run away from DOC. I have more than 2 decades in on the probation side. The first few years were good, we had competitive pay and we were respected in my area. I have spent the past 10 years or more hoping for an improvement. Unless DeSantis makes wholesale changes I will retire soon and try to forget this place exists. It's a shame, because the core job is great, we just aren't allowed to do it correctly. So much potential wasted...

Unregistered
    You are 100% correct. If so many Officer's feel the same way, why doesn't someone hear us. This must be rebuilt from top down. I looked at the previous post, other P&P agencies seem to be focused on the primary goal of public safety. We have no focus at all.

Unregistered
    You are correct. Really to fix this all Senior Mgmt need to be let go. In some cases all the way down to the CA. None of the RD's have spoke up, None of the various Chiefs have spoke up, None of the Assistant RD's have spoke up. However they all rec'd raises. So I get it you wanted to keep your jobs. Ok great your time is up move on. Most of you have never spent any real time as officer's anyway you made good money, so now give others a chance. Lets face it the Job cant be done any worse then it already has. You were all in a position to make a difference and decided just to keep your mouth shut. How many citizens have lost their life because of poor leadership. We all know Sr. Staff deletes case notes if there is a high profile incident. That's why no one is permitted to read case notes when they hear of something on the news. I don't want to even get into the scam of the Correctional Foundation and some RD's collect a salary from it, or how Secretary Jones used the money for Inmate recreation (just check the tax return they filed). Another problem I have is FDLE admits they know of the problems. They know P&P lets people walk out that should be arrested, They know we pass people all day long in DT's that have no business being there and they know we are consistently told we are not first responders when we clearly are. I have been told they have hundreds of complaints in reference to Dereliction of Duty. Heck a CA Matt Sampson openly told a Sr. Officer that he should not have assisted in aiding a local Detective that was in a physical confrontation with one of our offenders. Stating "you should have ran and called 911". Sampson should have been arrested for such an order. This type of behavior goes on every day. I implore if anyone from Governor Desantis Administration reads this check into it and you will see these are facts not exaggerations.

I was in the Office when Sampson said this. Officer Was Jason Beldon who is now a Deputy for Pasco County. Beldon went out of his way to do his duty and Sampson tried to discipline him for it. He said we have no business serving arrest warrants. Well if anyone knows Beldon he went over and pulled policy and procedure, which indicates we do serve warrants. Sampson simply ignored him. These are the coward idiots that are in charge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast