Why Does Ft Myers Continue to Have Openings??? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sounds like there's a lot more to the job that what most people outside the agency know about. How often do agents conduct undercover operations as part of ongoing investigations? Seems like most are conducting audits and surveys on retailers, outlets and other establishments. And are any of these investigations leading to sex crimes, human trafficking, and organized crime like the agency tells many applicants?
    The short answer is NO. Most of the sex crimes are in the office. OC? Not in the traditional sense. Human trafficking? Our own department farms that out to another division. If you are looking for deep u/c and detailed multifaceted investigations look elsewhere. Sure it is possible, but then so is having a director that is sworn. Possible but not likely.

Unregistered

F Squared

Sounds like there's a lot more to the job that what most people outside the agency know about. How often do agents conduct undercover operations as part of ongoing investigations? Seems like most are conducting audits and surveys on retailers, outlets and other establishments. And are any of these investigations leading to sex crimes, human trafficking, and organized crime like the agency tells many applicants?
    G T F O H!! You need to have immersion therapy to have your DA get a dose of reality! Stay where your currently employed! You'll last a week here before you quit and cry like a baby if that's what your interested in! Now take the stairs and crawl back to your parent's basement.

Unregistered
    You will make a trip to Tallahassee for issuance of equipment and swearing in. You will also experience the awesomeness of meeting the central office staff and endure what is called NEO or new employee orientation. Your training will follow the San Jose Model of field training which is 4 phases for a total of 12 weeks. Probation is 12 months. Not much to it really.
    Thanks for the information. I’m sure it’ll be something to look forward to in Tally.

For the person who commented on the undercover work. Make sure you look at what the job duties are before going any further. The job is very different than most LE jobs but has a lot of perks to it as well.

Unregistered
    Thanks for the information. I’m sure it’ll be something to look forward to in Tally.

For the person who commented on the undercover work. Make sure you look at what the job duties are before going any further. The job is very different than most LE jobs but has a lot of perks to it as well.
    Job duties? Make sure I look at job duties before going any further? I laugh! I know what the job entails. Reality is often cruel. Talk to me in 20 years about job duties.

Unregistered
    I'm referring to the person who asked questions about undercover work and investigating the listed crimes...

Unregistered
    I'm referring to the person who asked questions about undercover work and investigating the listed crimes...
    I apologize. I read it wrong and thought I was being schooled by a noobie. Carry on.

Unregistered
    Why does Ft Myers continue to have openings? I know it's everywhere but they are like four short. Where are these people going?
    There are three reasons.

Unregistered
    There are three reasons.
    Who are the three reasons? Don’t know their names

Unregistered
    Interesting, I've never had the pleasure of meeting him when I was working around that area but knew a lot of the agents from dealing with them and seem to be good. What is the overtime like at the ABT? Are y'all allowed to make any overtime during the week while working and if so how much? I was curious because I have a friend who's applied there. I know some agencies cut them off and only give comp time.

Unregistered
    Interesting, I've never had the pleasure of meeting him when I was working around that area but knew a lot of the agents from dealing with them and seem to be good. What is the overtime like at the ABT? Are y'all allowed to make any overtime during the week while working and if so how much? I was curious because I have a friend who's applied there. I know some agencies cut them off and only give comp time.
    If you are talking about paid OT, there isn't any. If you can't adjust your hours during the 28 day cycle plan on getting comp time for your efforts. OT is the exception not the rule.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast