Why Does Ft Myers Continue to Have Openings??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    8 when there full staffed. I hear the Lt is hard on his people, I think they are the first office in recent history to wash people out during FTO

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    8 when there full staffed. I hear the Lt is hard on his people, I think they are the first office in recent history to wash people out during FTO
    Yea watch out that hard LT was a bike cop. Lol

Unregistered
    You mean they were forcing them out or people were just quitting during FTO because they didn't want to deal with it? It seems most of the openings now are below Orlando in the South Florida region. I guess the offices are operated differently than in the north.

Unregistered
    You mean they were forcing them out or people were just quitting during FTO because they didn't want to deal with it? It seems most of the openings now are below Orlando in the South Florida region. I guess the offices are operated differently than in the north.
    The big north/south difference is supervision. With a couple exceptions the north LTs have been around and don't go running into the squad room screaming the sky is falling. When you have a supervisor that doesn't mind stepping on people to be notice by TCO you will always have issues. The north captains don't care what TCO thinks.

Unregistered
    It’s all about pay. Panhandle agencies still pay in the low 30s so a 39k starting is attractive. Everyone in south Florida starts off around 43-45 and have step plans so why would you come here for 39k and no promise of a raise when other agencies guarantee you a step plan

Unregistered
    What counties does the Ft Myers district cover?

Unregistered
    What counties does the Ft Myers district cover?
    Lee, Collier, Hendry, Glades, Desoto, Sarasota, Charlotte

Unregistered
    Not a bad district. Someone who worked that district told me they focus more on the gambling cases than anything else. I think you'll be fine with that area.

Unregistered
    Anyone know if agents work closely with other state/federal agencies? And if any of them ever leave to go federal. Most of the time working with other agencies, you're able to gain exposure that eventually leads to other opportunities.

Unregistered
    Anyone know if agents work closely with other state/federal agencies? And if any of them ever leave to go federal. Most of the time working with other agencies, you're able to gain exposure that eventually leads to other opportunities.
    There have been agents hired by other agencies as a result of their exposure and work product. Opportunities are what you want them to be.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast