Why Does Ft Myers Continue to Have Openings??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So the OIG office is not a better choice in terms of work load? It seems most state jobs all have their pros and cons like any job but some are more desirable than others. Is there a lot of opportunities for advancement up or into other tasked duties at ABT? I was looking at the salary for the ABT and it looks like the range is 1521-2842 biweekly. So how long does it typically take to max out in the salary range and is there a lot of opportunities for overtime?
    Advancement depends on your willingness to move. If you are in the north there are fewer positions because the offices are smaller and turnover is low. You are basically waiting for someone to retire. The south has high turnover and more positions. You will never see the max salary for agent. Overtime is very rare regardless of what office you are in.

Unregistered
    Shotgun: why would you want one. Takes up to much room in your trunk that can be used for groceries or other shopping trips.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ZUnregistered View Post
    Shotgun: why would you want one. Takes up to much room in your trunk that can be used for groceries or other shopping trips.
    I would happily trade my shotgun for a new office chair. One that wasn't already worn out when I got it. We used to toss worn out furniture in the dump but now it gets recycled. Where does all that money end up? i can't get a decent chair but at least I have an Authenticator. Oh wait...

Unregistered
    Whatever happened to those. Did we finally admit defeat and let Mikey take them with him when he left?

Unregistered
    Whatever happened to those. Did we finally admit defeat and let Mikey take them with him when he left?
    I wasn't suppose to let this out but oh well. They have been rewired and now hold the nuclear codes for beverage 1. Origin unknown and money well spent. Kinda like the marked cars of yesteryear!!!!

Unregistered
    I wasn't suppose to let this out but oh well. They have been rewired and now hold the nuclear codes for beverage 1. Origin unknown and money well spent. Kinda like the marked cars of yesteryear!!!!
    I miss my police package beverage cruiser. The cloth seats with the cage was a nice touch.

Unregistered
    So the ABT only has opportunities to move up the ladder and not lateral? I've heard that the ABT agents have a lot of mobility to roam around in their district. Besides the typical admin issues with businesses, what are the most frequent crimes being investigated by agents? (gambling, liquor, drugs). And are most resolved with a Notice to Appear? It seems like some I've met tell me that they usually work their 40 hrs however they want. Do most offices not allow overtime for agents (like Ft Myers)?

Unregistered
    ABT is not a lateral move agency. You can move up, down or out. Some districts are huge, cover several counties and a few thousand square miles. Other districts are one county. Agents spend half their time on underage issues and administrative tasks. The rest is "the offense of the day" which really depends on where you are. You may start your day playing slots and end with shoulder taps in some crap hole millennial bar. NTA's are fast and efficient and the majority of arrests are that way. It's not that OT isn't allowed, its just doesn't exist. The is no expectation of overtime unless it is something like spring break or a state emergency. If you manage to get 25 hours a year you are lucky. Most LT's are very flexible and allow agents to work when they need to work.

Unregistered
    Gambling case to me means high stakes poker in the back of a bar. Late night stuff.Football pools, sports betting type stuff. Gambling isn't shoving quarters in a cherry master in the VFW then arresting decorated combat veterans. that is petty and embarrassing. But whatever works for you.
    Who are the bosses at Ft Myers

Unregistered
    How many agents does the Ft Myers Office have besides the captain and the two lieutenants?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast