Why Does Ft Myers Continue to Have Openings???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Unregistered

Why Does Ft Myers Continue to Have Openings???

Why does Ft Myers continue to have openings? I know it's everywhere but they are like four short. Where are these people going?

Unregistered
    Horrible leadership plus surrounding agencies all pay above and beyond what we make

Unregistered
    I'm not sure what the Captain or LTs are like but I know they've had four that they lost in recent months. The pay is obviously a big factor but not sure the specifics on whats been going on.

Unregistered
    Well you need two years experience, when everyone around us started at 34-36k it was easy to get people Now everyone around us starts at 44-46 with step plans so at two years everyone’s almost at 50, why come here for 39? And the retirees are all going to SRO. Agencies around us are hiring retirees and putting them straight to SRO with holidays, weekends, and optional summers off making more than what we pay. So we get bottom of the barrel. Everyone applying is failing the test or not passing the backgrounds.

Unregistered
    Hey guys, I am deciding on whether to interview with the ABT after a recent opening or to take an offer with the FDC OIG office as an inspector. Does the ABT have better opportunities than the OIG office?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey guys, I am deciding on whether to interview with the ABT after a recent opening or to take an offer with the FDC OIG office as an inspector. Does the ABT have better opportunities than the OIG office?
    Better? No. Different? Yes. Comparing the two really isn't practical. At ABT you can skip ranks, work what you want, be off when you want and get a free car.

You have to decide what level of nonsense you are willing to take. There are no good state jobs, but some suck less than others.

Unregistered
    Why does Ft Myers continue to have openings? I know it's everywhere but they are like four short. Where are these people going?
    There are three reasons.

Unregistered
    There are three reasons.
    Who are the three reasons? Don’t know their names

Unregistered
    Interesting, I've never had the pleasure of meeting him when I was working around that area but knew a lot of the agents from dealing with them and seem to be good. What is the overtime like at the ABT? Are y'all allowed to make any overtime during the week while working and if so how much? I was curious because I have a friend who's applied there. I know some agencies cut them off and only give comp time.

Unregistered
    Interesting, I've never had the pleasure of meeting him when I was working around that area but knew a lot of the agents from dealing with them and seem to be good. What is the overtime like at the ABT? Are y'all allowed to make any overtime during the week while working and if so how much? I was curious because I have a friend who's applied there. I know some agencies cut them off and only give comp time.
    If you are talking about paid OT, there isn't any. If you can't adjust your hours during the 28 day cycle plan on getting comp time for your efforts. OT is the exception not the rule.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast