Why Does Ft Myers Continue to Have Openings??? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    What kind of equipment is issued. Radio, laptop computer, cell phone?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What kind of equipment is issued. Radio, laptop computer, cell phone?
    You get the same radio (mobile and portable) that every state agency has. You will also get an iPhone and a 15 year old laptop. Everything you need is provided.

Unregistered
    You get the same radio (mobile and portable) that every state agency has. You will also get an iPhone and a 15 year old laptop. Everything you need is provided.
    The place is a joke. This is an agency that the state could do without. Let’s check some IDs.....wow

Unregistered
    The place is a joke. This is an agency that the state could do without. Let’s check some IDs.....wow

Don't be hatin'

I get the same high risk retirement that a police officer or deputy gets except I don't work traffic, respond to radio calls, play "mother may I?" when I want to eat lunch, work nights, weekends, holidays, you get where I'm going with this? In exchange for all that all I have to do is work my cases and yes check a few ID's. I say life is good. Maybe they will figure out a way to do without us as you propose. Until then it's a great gig. Did I mention the 2018 unmarked car? Yep. Life is good here at ABT. Try it I am sure you will like it.

Unregistered
    The 2018 cars are awesome weather you got the SUV or sedan they are sweet!!!

Unregistered
    Oh nice! Now does every district get the new 2018 unmarked cars, like Ft Myers? What kind of cars are the SUVs and sedans? Sounds like a good job.

Unregistered
    Oh nice! Now does every district get the new 2018 unmarked cars, like Ft Myers? What kind of cars are the SUVs and sedans? Sounds like a good job.
    Every district gets new cars when the need them.we replace 10-15 a year, depending on mileage or age. Some districts cover more territory so they are driven more. It is unusual to have a car 8-10 years unless it is low mileage. Don't come here for the car because there is nothing that requires you to have one.

Unregistered
    Does anyone know what the initial training/swearing in process is like?

Unregistered
    Does anyone know what the initial training/swearing in process is like?
    You will make a trip to Tallahassee for issuance of equipment and swearing in. You will also experience the awesomeness of meeting the central office staff and endure what is called NEO or new employee orientation. Your training will follow the San Jose Model of field training which is 4 phases for a total of 12 weeks. Probation is 12 months. Not much to it really.

Unregistered
    Sounds like there's a lot more to the job that what most people outside the agency know about. How often do agents conduct undercover operations as part of ongoing investigations? Seems like most are conducting audits and surveys on retailers, outlets and other establishments. And are any of these investigations leading to sex crimes, human trafficking, and organized crime like the agency tells many applicants?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast