Does Chitwood have to fight with everyone? That's not leadership!

Unregistered

Does Chitwood have to fight with everyone? That's not leadership!

Did anyone else notice that after the recent officer-involved shooting in DeLeon Springs, Media Mike used his media platform to criticize the State Attorney’s Office and local judges? I mean, c’mon, does Chitwood have to fight, argue, criticize and be at war with everyone all the time? The guy the cops shot had multiple prior felony charges and was wanted in another shooting. It’s true that the judicial system needs to do a better job of keeping violent, repeat offenders behind bars where they belong. But I think it was both wrong and unprofessional of Chitwood to publicly blame and scold the State Attorney’s Office and local judges. First off, law enforcement must have a good, professional, mutually respectful working relationship with prosecutors and judges in order for the system to function effectively. All of Chitwood’s criticisms and public flogging of the judiciary through the news media certainly doesn’t help. And secondly, the failure to keep repeat offenders behind bars for a longer period of time is more the fault of the system and things like mandatory sentencing guidelines rather than individual judges and prosecutors. Publicly attacking the judiciary is unhelpful and accomplishes nothing – other than generating press for the self-serving Chitwood. To me, his constant, angry rhetoric masks some deep and massive insecurities within him. He reminds me of someone who feels that he has to tear others down in order to make himself look good by comparison. I think everybody knows someone like that. If you don’t, you do now – Chitwood. He’s a disaster and must go in 2020!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Did anyone else notice that after the recent officer-involved shooting in DeLeon Springs, Media Mike used his media platform to criticize the State Attorney’s Office and local judges? I mean, c’mon, does Chitwood have to fight, argue, criticize and be at war with everyone all the time? The guy the cops shot had multiple prior felony charges and was wanted in another shooting. It’s true that the judicial system needs to do a better job of keeping violent, repeat offenders behind bars where they belong. But I think it was both wrong and unprofessional of Chitwood to publicly blame and scold the State Attorney’s Office and local judges. First off, law enforcement must have a good, professional, mutually respectful working relationship with prosecutors and judges in order for the system to function effectively. All of Chitwood’s criticisms and public flogging of the judiciary through the news media certainly doesn’t help. And secondly, the failure to keep repeat offenders behind bars for a longer period of time is more the fault of the system and things like mandatory sentencing guidelines rather than individual judges and prosecutors. Publicly attacking the judiciary is unhelpful and accomplishes nothing – other than generating press for the self-serving Chitwood. To me, his constant, angry rhetoric masks some deep and massive insecurities within him. He reminds me of someone who feels that he has to tear others down in order to make himself look good by comparison. I think everybody knows someone like that. If you don’t, you do now – Chitwood. He’s a disaster and must go in 2020!
    Chitwood is just putting on a show for the voting public. He is nothing but an imbecilic politician.

Unregistered
    Leadership by example

Unregistered
    Yes he does. He does need to challenge and blame all others to make himself appear less of a failure. Crime rates are what tells the obvious tale. There is no way to justify his actions there. It is all self promotion and dishonest for a Sheriff to do to us. You are right, it is wrong and unprofessional for him to criticize a system he has no understanding of. I ask this, when has Chitwood been professional or right? He needs to take his position seriously because someone else will. Someone else will care about an image and have some class. That is what we need, as a county Sheriff and a department leader. I learned alot about Mike Chitwood last night. He is not a bad person, and he did mean well. However, he is not anywhere near what he sold to voters. He could never fix the damage he created himself. Damage caused on leo affairs long ago also. Demeaning deputies, not just the Sheriff. Chitwood was right in the Marshall project, convincing citizens is easy, convincing (fooling) deputies will be the hard part. Funny how we all can read into that statement now.

Unregistered
    Yes he does. He does need to challenge and blame all others to make himself appear less of a failure. Crime rates are what tells the obvious tale. There is no way to justify his actions there. It is all self promotion and dishonest for a Sheriff to do to us. You are right, it is wrong and unprofessional for him to criticize a system he has no understanding of. I ask this, when has Chitwood been professional or right? He needs to take his position seriously because someone else will. Someone else will care about an image and have some class. That is what we need, as a county Sheriff and a department leader. I learned alot about Mike Chitwood last night. He is not a bad person, and he did mean well. However, he is not anywhere near what he sold to voters. He could never fix the damage he created himself. Damage caused on leo affairs long ago also. Demeaning deputies, not just the Sheriff. Chitwood was right in the Marshall project, convincing citizens is easy, convincing (fooling) deputies will be the hard part. Funny how we all can read into that statement now.
    Chitwood is a phony joke. He is a two-bit carny huckster. He sold the citizens that he was a crime fighting hero. He did not tell the citizens (or voters) his stance on illegal immigration. He did not tell them how Daytona was regularly reported to be one of the most dangerous cities in America while he was chief (and part of this blame goes to Brannon and Dietrich for not letting the voters know as well).

Chitwood does not have any moral fiber. He is only worried about himself.

Unregistered
    Chitwood is a joke. Notice how he only fights or argues with individuals when he thinks he can win. This is evidenced by his refusing to allow Headline Surfer access to news releases.

and when Chitwood does get a beat down for an issue (such as when Szabo took his lunch money) he will blame somebody else (like the legal advisor).

LEADERSHIP BY EXAMPLE.