Shift Bid, you mean shift assignment
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Shift Bid, you mean shift assignment

This has to be the most ridiculous plan ever hatched by this backstabbing Idiot.

Unregistered
    Short story

We submit an email with your choice of Days or Nights. The ultimate micromanager will decide where you will "holistically" fit.

The supervisors are not as lucky as the officers, no email needed they will be placed with a squad with no choice at all for them and no choice for us. Sure sends a great message to all of us studying for promotion. It's obviously NOT worth it.

Here is the most disgraceful email ever sent.

Patrol Division Members,

As we prepare for the upcoming rotation of shift and squad assignments, our goal will be to provide each squad with an equal distribution of personnel based on employee skill, knowledge, experience, performance, training and classification seniority.* Some of the criteria that will be considered include but are not limited to:
    ·******* Field Training Officer

·******* Tactical Response Team Officer

·******* Mental Health Officer

With the above criteria in mind, Patrol Officers will be afforded the opportunity to select either Day or Night shift based on seniority.* Once a particular day or night shift is no longer available, officers will be assigned to vacancies within the remaining squads.* The determination of shift rotation (A or B) will be assigned based on the above listed criteria and needs of the agency.* All patrol officers are to send an email to Lt. Micromanager, *with a subject line of *“Shift Bid”.* Within the email body please indicate if you are requesting a Day shift or Night Shift.* Emails are to be submitted NLT Wednesday, December 5th at 5:00 P.M.

Supervisors will be assigned based on the final make-up of each squad; also keeping in mind the factors of employee skill, knowledge, experience, performance, training, and classification seniority.* This process will allow supervisory placement based on a holistic view of squad needs.

The design to strategically align members within each squad will establish a foundation on which we can enhance growth, experience, and leadership opportunities, and improve the daily operations of the Patrol Division.

Patrol assignments will take effect January 11, 2019.*

Unregistered
    Just as morale was on its way back up, sad really. One moron comes in and screws everyone like this. People need to complain more about him until everyone's voice is heard. Time for that tool to be forced out!

Unregistered
    Yeah! Good luck keeping people happy now.

Unregistered
    The only problem I see with this guy is his history of handing out discipline like candy and seems to enjoy doing it and messing up other peoples careers to get ahead and make himself look good as a supervisor to the Admin. and advance in his career. At his point, I really feel in this new position he has been put in, he is really looking to do a good job and help the morale on this department and the overall function of it; that is breaking up clicks on squads and moving officers that are known for being up their supervisors butt and trying to hang out with them the entire night, and mixing it all up. I think this change is a good thing overall for this department.

Unregistered
    Leave the former act Lt's squad out of this. They did nothing wrong

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Leave the former act Lt's squad out of this. They did nothing wrong
    That is a good start on a click that needs to be split up, but there is more that needs to be split up..., I can think of another one that is TRT and is know to be up his Sgt.'s butt that needs moved on.

Unregistered
    Yes, the one that is known as the complainer on other officers and always try's to spend most of his time working hanging out with the Sgt.

Unregistered
    We're going to talk shit about each other now? They took away our bid. Only a rookie shouldn't be able to understand how serious this is. This command staff should be ashamed of themselves. I hope it's worth it. I hope you get to go home happy everyday at 4pm. I hope you enjoy every weekend off. I hope you're working the hours you want with the people you want to work with. I hope you enjoy all the holidays off with your families. We'll be here, all day or all night, without coworkers we enjoy working with, without supervisors we enjoy working for, on a shift we had the seniority to not work on.

Unregistered
    One of the very few things that seniority made a difference was the shift bid. Taking that small bit of choice we had is going to be devastating to Patrol.

Patrol is truly the lowest of the low. While the waste of manpower CORE officers are making lip sync videos and having their multiple daily meetings, Patrol gets the short end of the stick once more

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast