Shift Bid, you mean shift assignment - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Unregistered
    It is a little embarrassing to go to any family get together and they ask you are you still working at the University? Like you should have moved on to the HCSO or TPD....And your wife told them he worked last night...and they ask, how many years have you been working there? And you say I have been there_ many years and they laugh at you and say that is what your years on the job got you...you are still working the midnight shift...? Then you can't explain to them that time on the job means nothing there....and are embarrassed.

Unregistered
    Then quit.

Unregistered

Smile 3% shift differential

Come to USFSP PD we have a 3% night shift differential.

Unregistered
    3% difference for working the midnight shift here, what? I'm not getting that. That is false information. I hope, when I get 10yrs seniority on this job, I am not forced to work the night shift, even if I don't make it into the building and into an office job. This place is really f'd up. Seniority means nothing here..?.

Unregistered
    My god, as a former employee you all need to really just stop. You are ALL over paid, under worked, and have 0 clue how great a job you have. There is a reason all of you work here, either you can't find a job elsewhere, or you are too afraid to apply for a real LEO job. Yes, this includes all "command staff". I get it, you graduated the academy, got hired and have the same powers as everyone else. Just enjoy your paycheck, take home car and all the perks you should get for working here.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Then quit.
    Ya just quit. No job, just quit the entire thing you have put your education and career into. You f'g idiot and controlling person, this is a free forum to express ideas and things that are not right in the work place. I know the Admin. want to just be able to fire anyone who doesn't agree with them like a certain LT. that has expressed that, and this job is just like the business world and should operate that way, the way Trump can say, you are fired. Sorry, the last I knew the job still has a union to protect the workers against an overbearing boss and people like that.

Unregistered
    My god, as a former employee you all need to really just stop. You are ALL over paid, under worked, and have 0 clue how great a job you have. There is a reason all of you work here, either you can't find a job elsewhere, or you are too afraid to apply for a real LEO job. Yes, this includes all "command staff". I get it, you graduated the academy, got hired and have the same powers as everyone else. Just enjoy your paycheck, take home car and all the perks you should get for working here.
    Why did you leave the job then? Probably the same reason the people *****. It is a great job, but full of the same a-holes that got skeered and hid under their car when they heard the first shots fired on their first job, and then came here and stay on here, get promoted and make their career here by running other newbies down because they are the in charge and are the tough guy now.

Unregistered

Investigate it

3% difference for working the midnight shift here, what? I'm not getting that. That is false information. I hope, when I get 10yrs seniority on this job, I am not forced to work the night shift, even if I don't make it into the building and into an office job. This place is really f'd up. Seniority means nothing here..?.
    It is not False. Be an investigator. Look into it.

Unregistered
    The shift bid is all about micromangement and how they want to set it up the way they want it set up.

Unregistered
    Best thing that has happened in a while.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast