Medical Benefits after Retirement

Unregistered

Medical Benefits after Retirement

I'm one of the newer folks here. Now that the Mod has cleaned up a bit I will visit. Thank you!

I've been listening to two current Lt's that are close to retirement. I think one of them monitors this forum. I know I've heard them both complain that the cost of Medical Insurance is through the roof. Is this common throughout all the PD's and SO's? that freaking sucks!

It would be nice to look into a group retirement for Retired LEO's? Does this exist already through FLSA, FOP, PBA or some other private health provider.

Unregistered
    I would suggest doing it it works good. You may need to retire first

Banned LEO Affairs Corporal
    I believe that our policy is combined with other countt employees. Just adding to the discussion. That’s all I know.

Judy Chop
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD 673 View Post
    I believe that our policy is combined with other countt employees. Just adding to the discussion. That’s all I know.
    So if this is true, why hasn't an email or memo from Hall been sent??? I'm calling buuullllllllll shat!! Hall is no longer in office.

"What night beyond to thee, but the indulgenth ougth nougth bought upon thy bosom"- Unknown

Banned LEO Affairs Corporal
    This has always been the case. SRSO doesn't have its own individual plan...where have you been?

Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol Mod 732's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Chop View Post
    So if this is true, why hasn't an email or memo from Hall been sent??? I'm calling buuullllllllll shat!! Hall is no longer in office.

"What night beyond to thee, but the indulgenth ougth nougth bought upon thy bosom"- Unknown
    Ok, so you had how much to drink?
    "Some smart man once said that on the most exalted throne in the world, we are seated on nothing but our own arse" -Wendell Mayes

Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol Mod 732's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD 673 View Post
    This has always been the case. SRSO doesn't have its own individual plan...where have you been?
    Judging by their post, Mod, my guess would be the Liquor Store? hehehehe 😁😎
    "Some smart man once said that on the most exalted throne in the world, we are seated on nothing but our own arse" -Wendell Mayes

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod 732 View Post
    Judging by their post, Mod, my guess would be the Liquor Store? hehehehe 😁😎
    Mod 732 at his finest deleting posts for bashing but does the same.

Unregistered
    My understanding is we can still jump on the county policy and we have to pay the same amount as we are paying now.

It would be great if there was a policy just for retired LEO until we reach the age of Medicare. What is everyone's plan when they reach retirement age/service time