12 hour shifts

Thread: 12 hour shifts

Unregistered

12 hour shifts

What are your thoughts on the 12 hour shifts? Do you think that they will eventually go back to 8 hour shifts? How hard is it to eventually get on an admin shift if one sticks around awhile?

Unregistered
    DOC went to 12 hour shifts to save money on staffing costs. It will never go back to 8 hour shifts. Another reason DOC can't recruit and retain people, aside from the low pay.

Unregistered
    Thinking of applying for CO job with DOC. When do the 12 hour shifts run (ie: 12 pm to 12 am, etc.)? Just curious. Most everyone that I knew that worked there has left or retired. I know it's bad, but it's a paycheck, health insurance, and retirement, so I'm giving it some thought.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thinking of applying for CO job with DOC. When do the 12 hour shifts run (ie: 12 pm to 12 am, etc.)? Just curious. Most everyone that I knew that worked there has left or retired. I know it's bad, but it's a paycheck, health insurance, and retirement, so I'm giving it some thought.

You are right but you could do so much better if you join a Sherriff's Office that pays you a lot more and will treat you better. Benefits are the same. Take my advice, join the SO and not FDC. You will be sorry if you choose FDC

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are right but you could do so much better if you join a Sherriff's Office that pays you a lot more and will treat you better. Benefits are the same. Take my advice, join the SO and not FDC. You will be sorry if you choose FDC
    Left DOC and made an extra $12k a year at a county jail, starting pay. Some guys topped out make over $100k/annually working overtime. It's there if you want it. Increases your FRS pension too. Better than working for peanuts at DOC.