Quick Question

Thread: Quick Question

Unregistered

Quick Question

Which academy is better , Broward Institute of public safety or Miami Dade College North? Currently applying to a few departments as a non-certified and I was curious.

Unregistered
    Whichever is closer to you. I have a few friends who went through the academy at Miami Dade College and are currently working at Miami Dade Police and other local agencies. I am planning to attend early next year. Just know that just by paying yourself through the academy, a job is not a guarantee. I also know some who paid $8k to attend, graduated top of the class and never got in with any agency. Good luck.

Unregistered

Post Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Whichever is closer to you. I have a few friends who went through the academy at Miami Dade College and are currently working at Miami Dade Police and other local agencies. I am planning to attend early next year. Just know that just by paying yourself through the academy, a job is not a guarantee. I also know some who paid $8k to attend, graduated top of the class and never got in with any agency. Good luck.
    Thanks for the response.
    I applied as a non-certified for 3 departments in miami-dade and they send academies to both departments. I was just curious to see. Also I would have applied to more a couple agencies in broward but unfortunately I can't swim so that does limit my prospective application choices.

Unregistered

Cool Good luck!

Thanks for the response.
    I applied as a non-certified for 3 departments in miami-dade and they send academies to both departments. I was just curious to see. Also I would have applied to more a couple agencies in broward but unfortunately I can't swim so that does limit my prospective application choices.
    I am in the same boat as you. Not knowing how to swim is preventing me from applying in broward it sucks. Maybe next year I will find the courage to learn at the YMCA or something.

I only applied to Miami Dade Police this past August. Looking to put in with Miami Gardens and North Miami come December.

I am also applying to federal agencies (I hold a Bachelor's degree).

Unregistered

Response

I am in the same boat as you. Not knowing how to swim is preventing me from applying in broward it sucks. Maybe next year I will find the courage to learn at the YMCA or something.

I only applied to Miami Dade Police this past August. Looking to put in with Miami Gardens and North Miami come December.

I am also applying to federal agencies (I hold a Bachelor's degree).
    Do Boca Raton PD, they don't ask for the swim test. I went to college for 4 years to Boca and my interaction with them has always been great. Plus they start at a really high salary.