Elected Sheriff a slap to Mayor Gimenez and his puppet MDPD director

Unregistered

Elected Sheriff a slap to Mayor Gimenez and his puppet MDPD director

Ever since former director and county mayor Carlos Alvarez came up with idea of a “strong mayor”, our department has suffered from political interference and unwarranted promotions of unqualified individuals.
    Just a couple of days ago, the citizens of this county slapped current Mayor Carlos Gimenez with a resounding YES on an elected sheriff referendum.
    The message is quite clear. We are tired of having a former City of Miami fireman meddle in every single detail and investigation in our department. We are tired of having to put up with a juvenile and unqualified director who is so dense that instead of ensuring our units and bureaus run properly, he throws himself on a sidewalk to perform vulgar dance moves and absurd push up contests.
    It is a clear message. We do not appreciate either one of these two corrupt characters, nor do we appreciate the cadre of hanger ons that make up their posse. It is time for change. A time to go back to our core functions- protect life and property, not the pockets of a corrupt politician mayor nor his pet monkey.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ever since former director and county mayor Carlos Alvarez came up with idea of a “strong mayor”, our department has suffered from political interference and unwarranted promotions of unqualified individuals.
    Just a couple of days ago, the citizens of this county slapped current Mayor Carlos Gimenez with a resounding YES on an elected sheriff referendum.

The message is quite clear. We are tired of having a former City of Miami fireman meddle in every single detail and investigation in our department. We are tired of having to put up with a juvenile and unqualified director who is so dense that instead of ensuring our units and bureaus run properly, he throws himself on a sidewalk to perform vulgar dance moves and absurd push up contests.

It is a clear message. We do not appreciate either one of these two corrupt characters, nor do we appreciate the cadre of hangers-on that make up their posse. It is time for change. It is time to go back to our core functions- protect life and property, not the pockets of a corrupt politician mayor or his pet monkey.
    HEAR, HEAR! In the interim, who is championing an earlier Sheriff's election? The Presidential Election of 2020 will be the appropriate moment. Is the PBA behind this historic movement or are they putting up their moist fingers to gauge from where the winds favorable to them and not the class the represent are blowing?

Unregistered
    Both comments above are so spot on. Thanks for taking the time to highlight it. This was an anti Gimenez and JP referendum.
    Thank you to whomever thought of the idea.

Unregistered
    Both comments above are so spot on. Thanks for taking the time to highlight it. This was an anti Gimenez and JP referendum.
    Thank you to whomever thought of the idea.
    And what will you do if Gimenez runs for sheriff? The PBA is sidelineing this one. Do not expect them to get involved until there is a front runner then they will endorse. The law was written to give the large4 counties extra time due to the difficulties in unwinding from the established course of action, therefore the only person that could push the time table would be the mayor. So if the time table is pushed, as I think it will be, then he will be running no matter what he says because he is out in 2020 and will look for the next thing for himself. All we could hope for is someone that is strong enough to beat him.

Unregistered
    Do not despair Joe Martinez will be the new sheriff. I bet he try to get the commission to move up the Sheriff election date to 2020 to match the Mayor's term end. If unsuccessful he will wait until 2024 when his term ends. Martinez has the political knowledge and frankly the skill set to be a good sheriff. Before everyone gets all negative, remember that anyone who is the sheriff or director will surround themselves with people they trust. Martinez will do the same although I believe he will realize the need to make departmental changes to reinstate the programs that the Mayor has eliminated. I also believe that as a Commissioner he has always treated MDPD well in terms of budget and support of programs. I can't see him changing his support. Finally remember being a sheriff is a whole another game and won't be without some difficult challenges.

Unregistered
    Do not despair Joe Martinez will be the new sheriff. I bet he try to get the commission to move up the Sheriff election date to 2020 to match the Mayor's term end. If unsuccessful he will wait until 2024 when his term ends. Martinez has the political knowledge and frankly the skill set to be a good sheriff. Before everyone gets all negative, remember that anyone who is the sheriff or director will surround themselves with people they trust. Martinez will do the same although I believe he will realize the need to make departmental changes to reinstate the programs that the Mayor has eliminated. I also believe that as a Commissioner he has always treated MDPD well in terms of budget and support of programs. I can't see him changing his support. Finally remember being a sheriff is a whole another game and won't be without some difficult challenges.
    He put the AD in check at the BCC meeting in Sept.It was pretty pathetic. I would vote for Joe!

Unregistered
    I can imagine the day to come free from the Artime’s political scams and friends and family nepotism assignments sponsored by his soon to be ousted friends at the top.

Unregistered
    I can imagine the day to come free from the Artime’s political scams and friends and family nepotism assignments sponsored by his soon to be ousted friends at the top.
    Those dominoes aka HPOA will be gone when this admendment goes into action