IUPA Membership
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IUPA Membership

Unregistered

IUPA Membership

Would IUPA be interested in representing cross certified Deputies from the jail? If you guys took us on , especially as a unit, it might add 100-150 union paying members

Unregistered
    It’s called local 6021. Already formed last year

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s called local 6021. Already formed last year
    Let me clarify the above response. DLE does not want you to be part of their Union so IUPA set up a separate local that has no connection to BSO DLE. Local 6021 has no membership. No power. Cannot negotiate contracts for you because they are not recognized by PERC as the Detention bargaining unit. They cannot arbitrate for you without the FOPE's permission. And you do not have a voice on the Professional Standards committee when discipline is being decided . They will take your money and use it to benefit BSO DLE.🤣

Unregistered
    Let me clarify the above response. DLE does not want you to be part of their Union so IUPA set up a separate local that has no connection to BSO DLE. Local 6021 has no membership. No power. Cannot negotiate contracts for you because they are not recognized by PERC as the Detention bargaining unit. They cannot arbitrate for you without the FOPE's permission. And you do not have a voice on the Professional Standards committee when discipline is being decided . They will take your money and use it to benefit BSO DLE.🤣
    Let me clarify the above response. IUPA BSO local 6020 cannot represent cross certified DOD or anyone else for that matter. Not because we don't want you as part of the IUPA family but because it was written in the bylaws so OUR union represents US and only us. Not taking our money and representing everyone else like the PBA used to do. So every classification can vote via PERC to have IUPA represent you but you will have your own local looking after your interests.

Unregistered
    Sounds like the FOPE lead by their awesome President isn't taking care of the troops. I really feel for DOD having representation that they don't want because they never listen to the members. Take it from those of us who have been there, elect a new Union President, hopefully one that will think of members rather than him / herself or find another union like DLE did. The best thing DLE did was drop the PBA. Good luck and stay safe!

Unregistered
    Sounds like the FOPE lead by their awesome President isn't taking care of the troops. I really feel for DOD having representation that they don't want because they never listen to the members. Take it from those of us who have been there, elect a new Union President, hopefully one that will think of members rather than him / herself or find another union like DLE did. The best thing DLE did was drop the PBA. Good luck and stay safe!
    Let's see if you feel that way when the County Commission tells IUPA that there isn't any extra money in the new budget to give DLE a 3% Cola with retro. I'll bet the Sheriff spent the 3% Cola after IUPA turned it down without so much as a vote from its membership. My understanding is that any unused money the sheriff returns from his budget goes directly into a separate fund to be used by the Sheriff's Office on Capital expenditures at a later date. That money cannot be used for raises. That means the county would have to give you money from their new budget on top of whatever money they are authorizing for cost-of-living raises for the next fiscal year. Yeah, it sure sounds like you guys made the right decision getting rid of the PBA.

Unregistered
    Pretty funny considering his discipline win rate is in the high 90% range. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he and his team just negotiate a 3% Cola and another 2% parody step added at 20 years of service in the last year of a 3 year contract. What did IUPA negotiate? That's right. Inside of a bagel. Zero, nothing, nada! Tell Jeff to keep up the good work. At this rate detention will have parody with the road even sooner then we hoped for.

Unregistered
    Yeah I wonder why that is. One side is carrying the sheriffs bags and the other side has a little integrity.

Unregistered
    Yeah I wonder why that is. One side is carrying the sheriffs bags and the other side has a little integrity.
    A little integrity? Really? Like not going in when children were being murdered just to then turn around and campaign alongside the parents of said victims??? Yeah, your right, LITTLE integrity is right.

Unregistered
    A little integrity? Really? Like not going in when children were being murdered just to then turn around and campaign alongside the parents of said victims??? Yeah, your right, LITTLE integrity is right.
    Or integrity like when the iupa president works the port detail on union donated time pool???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast