Captains position - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You must be new. They cut out the DAS for Lts because that's one less thing the Captain has to sign off on, plus it was showing how much work the Lts do for the captains.
    We do a DAS because there is too much unaccounted time for most of us. You can boil most agents work day down to about 3 to 4 hours a day and the IG's office finally called us out on it several years ago. It was the IG's office coupled with upper level management that decided supervisors did not need a DAS because their days are more easily accounted for if need be. If a supervisor is not at the office more often than not that is cause for alarm by the capt or major.

My advice would be to stop pointing fingers at everyone else and look at your own self in the mirror. If you are doing your job and putting in an honest day work then you have nothing to be worried about. It's almost laughable the amount of us crying all of a sudden because we need to be more detailed on our DAS. Typical whiny ABT fashion and failure to take ownership. Go work at just about any uniformed city or county agency and they can track you down to the minute. Then come back and let us know how bad we have it!

Unregistered
    We do a DAS because there is too much unaccounted time for most of us. You can boil most agents work day down to about 3 to 4 hours a day and the IG's office finally called us out on it several years ago. It was the IG's office coupled with upper level management that decided supervisors did not need a DAS because their days are more easily accounted for if need be. If a supervisor is not at the office more often than not that is cause for alarm by the capt or major.

My advice would be to stop pointing fingers at everyone else and look at your own self in the mirror. If you are doing your job and putting in an honest day work then you have nothing to be worried about. It's almost laughable the amount of us crying all of a sudden because we need to be more detailed on our DAS. Typical whiny ABT fashion and failure to take ownership. Go work at just about any uniformed city or county agency and they can track you down to the minute. Then come back and let us know how bad we have it!
    I like it!

Unregistered
    I wonder if the chief will have any outside LE on the interview panel because the word on the street is that the person they want has already been prepped on the questions. I heard there was a recent agent interviewed board that the agent passed the written exam with a score above and beyond everyone else but couldn't answer the same questions in the oral.

Unregistered
    Which agent interview was that??

As for the captain it’s a no brainer on who they want. Look at the last captains advertisements and look at this one. They changed / lessened the requirements to accommodate a certain person. They should have just promoted him rather than ruin the integrity of the process

Unregistered
    Which agent interview was that??

As for the captain it’s a no brainer on who they want. Look at the last captains advertisements and look at this one. They changed / lessened the requirements to accommodate a certain person. They should have just promoted him rather than ruin the integrity of the process
    Integrity of the process?

Unregistered
    I sent an email to the transition team asking they make all dbpr managers equal. That is make all non sworn.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123