Captains position - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's what you get when you have two Majors with ZERO real law enforcement experience. ZERO!!! No their ABT time doesn't count. Don't care how long they have been here!
    What actual "law enforcement experience" is needed to supervise people who spend the majority of their time doing non law enforcement work? This is a regulatory agency wrapped up in a regulatory agency and administered by civilian attorneys with no real experience outside of administration of administrative personnel. The issues should be obvious and the outcome predictable. Eliminate all captains and take the million dollars a year saved and put that toward replacing 20 year old laptops. And buy a boonie hat!

Unregistered
    We harp on "law enforcement" experience around here like it's a big deal. We are a regulatory agency that has law enforcment powers. When was the last time we had a real long term criminal investigation. And not pecker pills, penny slots at the VFW or that one baggie of coke arrest. Nobody cares about those cases but those locations better have a license and better be buying from a distributor.
    Let's face it, Tally has never wanted us to be the big bad police (hence the recent dislike for thigh holster and tac vests) We are a necessary evil that they keep around to collect taxes and create revenue. We are here for the industry. The majors do as they are told they follow the orders from tally, I dont blame them for the state of agency it's what they inherited. In do time this phase will pass as history around here has showed me and nobody will care what holster or vest you are wearing, how long your lunch break is or what time you show up or leave work.

Unregistered
    We harp on "law enforcement" experience around here like it's a big deal. We are a regulatory agency that has law enforcment powers. When was the last time we had a real long term criminal investigation. And not pecker pills, penny slots at the VFW or that one baggie of coke arrest. Nobody cares about those cases but those locations better have a license and better be buying from a distributor.
    Let's face it, Tally has never wanted us to be the big bad police (hence the recent dislike for thigh holster and tac vests) We are a necessary evil that they keep around to collect taxes and create revenue. We are here for the industry. The majors do as they are told they follow the orders from tally, I dont blame them for the state of agency it's what they inherited. In do time this phase will pass as history around here has showed me and nobody will care what holster or vest you are wearing, how long your lunch break is or what time you show up or leave work.
    Thanks Frank!

Unregistered
    Amen Frank! We are admin police!

Unregistered
    We are admin police. What is it that you don't understand?

Unregistered
    We are admin police. What is it that you don't understand?
    I know, right? no shifts, no traffic, no domestics or fight calls and I get high risk retirement and a car! weekends and holidays are mine too! Best. Job. Ever.

Unregistered
    I know, right? no shifts, no traffic, no domestics or fight calls and I get high risk retirement and a car! weekends and holidays are mine too! Best. Job. Ever.
    And don't forget it! Agents have it best, right behind captains of course because they just micro manage the Lts and get the credit for everybody's else's work.

Unregistered
    Rumor has it there may be some LTs requesting to become agents due to directives or mandated office hours and DAS for LTs. I gotta say, Agent life is where it’s at. Why would u want to be a LT for less than 10k more and loose all your freedom?

Unregistered
    Rumor has it there may be some LTs requesting to become agents due to directives or mandated office hours and DAS for LTs. I gotta say, Agent life is where it’s at. Why would u want to be a LT for less than 10k more and loose all your freedom?
    My Lt doesn't do a DAS. Is that just in your office? Agent rank is the best. LT's didn't get paid for the hurricane. The incentive to promote is mostly imaginary.

Unregistered
    You must be new. They cut out the DAS for Lts because that's one less thing the Captain has to sign off on, plus it was showing how much work the Lts do for the captains.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast