Captains position
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Captains position

Internal only. Who do they have tapped? I noticed it has changed from the last captains advertisement. Used to be 3 years supervisory experience now its 18 months. Who was this specialt tailored for?

Unregistered
    For the WPB position it should go to JT who has been serving as Acting Captain and done so quite admirably. If he wants it, it should go to him no questions asked.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Internal only. Who do they have tapped? I noticed it has changed from the last captains advertisement. Used to be 3 years supervisory experience now its 18 months. Who was this specialt tailored for?
    I think 18 months is long enough to master the task of second guessing and forwarding emails. Captain is the most unnecessary rank possible. There is no reason for that to even be a sworn position. Call them District Manager like other DBPR divisions.

Unregistered
    I think 18 months is long enough to master the task of second guessing and forwarding emails. Captain is the most unnecessary rank possible. There is no reason for that to even be a sworn position. Call them District Manager like other DBPR divisions.
    With all due respect to Captains... I agree. I say get rid of the Captain positions and go to a 3 Major system (yes, that would mean keeping the Majors and adding one more).

1. Convert (1) Captain position to a Major position.
    2. Convert the (7) remaining Captain positions to (1) Central Office LT for training only and (8) agent positions for the south.
    3. Convert the Asst. Chief position to (2) agent positions for the south.

North Region Major to cover Pensacola to Jax and Gainesville.

Central Region Major to cover Orlando, Tampa, and Fort Myers

South Region Major to cover WPB, Fort Pierce, Margate, Miami

I know it's not that simple but it makes more sense and we become less top heavy. Plus it allows the Lt's more latitude to run their offices.

Unregistered
    I’m not debating JT deserves it but TW deserves margate and they just didn’t give it to him, he applied then they went outside and required 3 years and a bachelors. Now they lessen the requirements to accommodate him. If I was TW I’d be very angry.

Unregistered
    I’m not debating JT deserves it but TW deserves margate and they just didn’t give it to him, he applied then they went outside and required 3 years and a bachelors. Now they lessen the requirements to accommodate him. If I was TW I’d be very angry.
    I don't understand why filling in as acting captain automatically qualifies you to be captain. There are a load of lieutenants around the state filling in for captains everyday even when the captain is sitting at the desk. Then ABT does what no other agency in the whole state does. They find someone who has never been an agent, lieutenant or even a chief and makes them a captain. Make sure you complete the Power dms training before the deadline. There you go. Now I have the experience to be a captain too!

Unregistered
    I don't understand why filling in as acting captain automatically qualifies you to be captain. There are a load of lieutenants around the state filling in for captains everyday even when the captain is sitting at the desk. Then ABT does what no other agency in the whole state does. They find someone who has never been an agent, lieutenant or even a chief and makes them a captain. Make sure you complete the Power dms training before the deadline. There you go. Now I have the experience to be a captain too!
    I think all the Lt's have filled in for the captains in there district b/c that's what they are suppose to do. Shame on the management. They asked TW twice to apply for the captains position then adverstised it agian, then decided not to hire him months after he filled in as A/C. It's not about qualifying, it's about who they really want. Lie right to your face time and time again, same old dirty tricks. Guess they don't think no one can see through thier smoking mirrors.

Unregistered
    It's safer to be a LT here at this place and that's why they don't promote. At least the south Major stands up for her people. Honest but true.

Unregistered
    Standing up for her people? You mean plying hall monitor making sure everyone works 8-5 and takes a lunch break. I guess that’s your definition of “standing up”

Unregistered
    Standing up for her people? You mean plying hall monitor making sure everyone works 8-5 and takes a lunch break. I guess that’s your definition of “standing up”
    That's what you get when you have two Majors with ZERO real law enforcement experience. ZERO!!! No their ABT time doesn't count. Don't care how long they have been here!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast