Money question ???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Money question ???

In our contract, under Article 27 ( off- regular duty) I read “should the permittee agree to a higher rate, all bargaining unit members who work the off-duty will receive the higher rate.”
    While doing a security detail in commission chambers I heard our illustrious Director say troopers get paid $63.00 an hour to work football games.
    Those of us that have been working for far less are owed quite a bit of money I’d say. What are the chances the PBA will fight to get us that money owed?

Unregistered
    Slim to none. They don’t want to upset JP or the Mayor

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    In our contract, under Article 27 ( off- regular duty) I read “should the permittee agree to a higher rate, all bargaining unit members who work the off-duty will receive the higher rate.”
    While doing a security detail in commission chambers I heard our illustrious Director say troopers get paid $63.00 an hour to work football games.
    Those of us that have been working for far less are owed quite a bit of money I’d say. What are the chances the PBA will fight to get us that money owed?
    Maybe you should have to pay for the gas and insurance to and from the games and anytime in between from that also

Unregistered
    Maybe you should have to pay for the gas and insurance to and from the games and anytime in between from that also
    I’m not sure that I understand one thing having to do,with the other. Unless that’s the PBAs way of saying we need to shut up that they violated the contact, it makes no sense.

Unregistered
    Without a doubt for as long as the troopers have been making $63.00 an hour, our officers should be compensated at the same rate. Additionally, even with the recent increase our officers will be makin less and we should be compensated $63.00 an hour as well. Otherwise its a violation of the collective bargaining ageement. And actually has been.
    The department hasn’t been forright on this issue until the commission put the director in a spot where he had to come clean

Unregistered
    Go work FHP. they obviously have a better gig that us according to you.

Unregistered
    Go work FHP. they obviously have a better gig that us according to you.
    That’s a typical Stahl,or Greenwell answer. You PBA clowns make money off of us so at least try and make it look like,you care.

Unregistered
    You sound like a spoiled brat. You have to understand that what the county charges the vendor is not the same as what you get paid. The county keeps a slice of the pie for admin fee,compensation for spending county time and money (payroll for all the Special events officers) to plan and staff the event. Also wear and tear on vehicle.

If you are jealous of what others get, then go see if the grass is greener over there. CUZ I know plenty of former troopers that have lateral over that say differently.

Unregistered
    You sound like a spoiled brat. You have to understand that what the county charges the vendor is not the same as what you get paid. The county keeps a slice of the pie for admin fee,compensation for spending county time and money (payroll for all the Special events officers) to plan and staff the event. Also wear and tear on vehicle.

If you are jealous of what others get, then go see if the grass is greener over there. CUZ I know plenty of former troopers that have lateral over that say differently.
    I am saying if you the PBA are not going to have the county honor the contract then why have that language in the contract in the first place? Is there for a reason. Troopers get $63.00 an hour to work the games at Hard Rock. JP said it in public, on te record. Which means the county having fulll knowledge of this fact has not fulfilled the contract by giving us the same as required by the contract.
    It’s not different than the awesome 1% COLA you guys got us but you have a me too clause that when another union gets more, we automatically get the higher don’t as well. Are you going to let tha slide by because you dont want to upset JP? Then why do you permit it on off duty work? Because you are afraid of upsetting JP?
    Then lets do away with all provions of the contract and let JP do to us whatever he wants because right now it seems contacts have no value-no meaning in the eyes of the PBA. FOP would be all over this.

Unregistered
    I am saying if you the PBA are not going to have the county honor the contract then why have that language in the contract in the first place? Is there for a reason. Troopers get $63.00 an hour to work the games at Hard Rock. JP said it in public, on te record. Which means the county having fulll knowledge of this fact has not fulfilled the contract by giving us the same as required by the contract.
    It’s not different than the awesome 1% COLA you guys got us but you have a me too clause that when another union gets more, we automatically get the higher don’t as well. Are you going to let tha slide by because you dont want to upset JP? Then why do you permit it on off duty work? Because you are afraid of upsetting JP?
    Then lets do away with all provions of the contract and let JP do to us whatever he wants because right now it seems contacts have no value-no meaning in the eyes of the PBA. FOP would be all over this.
    Fyi, the "me too" part of the contract are for other contract with the County. FHP bargains with the State not the County. Therefore, the "me too" clause can not be enforced.

Also, I do not this, but maybe FHP gets more money because the State does not take their taxes out of the pay like the County does, and they have to claim that income during their taxes preparation and pay it then. I do not this, but it could be a possibility.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast