PBA Voting hawk - what’s up with the guy watching you vote? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    So glad it passed 👏🏻 Good job PBA

Unregistered
    The PBA poll precinct workers were watching everyone trying to see how they would vote it was borderline creepy. So much for any attempt at pretending to establish an environment of integrity and a secret ballot. There was no table or desk at a sufficient distance from the PBA eagle eyes at Northside trying to peek this morning. One officer reported that when she asked for a copy of the contract she was told she could review a copy there but not take it with her. Hey PBA you couldn't spare the funds to print a few copies out for the PAYING MEMBERSHIP that showed up and actually wanted a printed copy? What do you do with the dues so that a printed copy is too expensive? It must be the contract negotiation costs for this dynamic deal that bankrupted the reserves, huh? Well, you overpaid because the final product is garbage. We were never made whole from any of the losses we took.

So, after all ballots were counted an exact 95% on the one and a 90% on the other? Really? BS, again. At least lie better. Make it sound almost believable. Try 94% or 93%. It seems more realistic, but we don't expect any real great thought processes anymore since you all think this contract was a win.
    Congratulations on voting in a loss. I guess the next contract will be that the best offer is, 'if you want your job you have to pay the County to keep you employed.' Seems we're heading in that direction.
    9 more years to go. It cannot come soon enough.

Unregistered
    Woo I have more money than before! Remember if you voted NO there is no renegotiation until next election. I’ll take more than what I had for the mean time!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Woo I have more money than before! Remember if you voted NO there is no renegotiation until next election. I’ll take more than what I had for the mean time!
    If $19.00 more a paycheck is going to make it or break it for you, then you have issues much like Stahl, where he foreclosed on three properties and cannot qualify for a credit card.

Unregistered
    If $19.00 more a paycheck is going to make it or break it for you, then you have issues much like Stahl, where he foreclosed on three properties and cannot qualify for a credit card.
    Okay enough of the mud slinging if you don’t like the PBA drop your membership. In the end this is why we can’t get anything done because we are to busy tearing each other apart. Despicable

Unregistered
    ^ previous poster is so correct. PBA will now go back to traveling, eating, and partying with our dues for the next three years with no expense spared. Imagine, no one to answer to and nothing to do but find ways to spend unlimited funds for the next three years.

Unregistered

No I’m talking about new off duty rate, annual time not affecting overtime, more comp and annual caps, it’s other benefits for older employees. More than what we had before. Enjoy it.

Unregistered
    No I’m talking about new off duty rate, annual time not affecting overtime, more comp and annual caps, it’s other benefits for older employees. More than what we had before. Enjoy it.
    True that but also understand that what we got wasn’t an increase in our value. What we got,is,if we work more on off duty someone else will pay more for,our services. The accumulation of more time is me giving to myself and then the cash out did not increase so many will probably lose time if they max out bc taking time as one wishes is not the case.
    The only thin the county gave us was a 1% COLA which has the biggest affect on our pay scale which we keep losing ground on. And yes the 1.5 on top of the cjstc we got before. This in exchange for a 3 year contract where the county can reopen to “redesign” health insurance. What do you think that’s for. The mayor has been wanting to give us the same crappy insurance the school board gives its teachers OR push us all into the Jackson plan. Who wants to take their family to Jackson for regular health care?
    Definitely not one of our best contracts by any stretch of the imagination. Better pray for a sheriff or that the next mayor isn’t as bad, or god forbid, worse than Gimenez.

Unregistered
    What was needed too was a provision to hold the dancing director accountable. He always overeacts came to our station yelling thrratening a squad WTF??

Body-cam and blast his ass Steadman wakeup standup or resign

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12