Chitwood-Heather Post Dust-Up - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So a recent News-Journal article brought to light an ugly episode in which our mean-spirited, hateful, self-absorbed, bully of a Sheriff called out a fellow elected official in a testy e-mail exchange. Chitwood characteristically hurled insults while launching angry accusations of interference and alarming, unethical and unprofessional behavior. Not so surprising…..until you realize that the target of Chitwood’s verbal assault was his now bosom-buddy and political alter ego, Heather Post. The incident began seemingly innocently enough last July, after Post received a heart-wrenching e-mail from an exasperated constituent fed up with the way DCF was handling a sex abuse case in which the constituent’s young daughter was the victim. Post crossed Chitwood when she reached out to one of the Sheriff’s investigative supervisors to ask if he knew of any victim services to help the family. Mind you, this wasn’t a VCSO case and Post wasn’t seeking sensitive investigative information – just some help for the child victim. That didn’t seem to matter to Chitwood, who apparently was enraged. Chitwood blasted Post in an e-mail, admonishing her for directly contacting one of his employees instead of going to him. Then he pointed out that he was aware of the situation and had already started looking into it. “I received this same email and discussed it w/CID prior to your interference,” Chitwood snapped at Post in an e-mail. In her response, Post told Chitwood that she would welcome the opportunity to discuss issues with him, if only he would respond to her inquiries. Said Post in her reply to Chitwood: “I have contacted you numerous times on varying issues in the last several months and can get no response.” Continuing to stand her ground, Post essentially told Chitwood that she wasn’t going to be pushed around. Here’s another direct quote from her e-mail: “If a citizen contacts me again, I will continue to do my job. This entails inquiring to anyone that I deem necessary to obtain general information from.” Predictably, the response didn’t go over well with Chitwood. He accused Post of lying about a few things. For those unfamiliar with Post’s past, not the first time she has been accused of fudging the truth. Chitwood also told Post that he found some of her behavior to be alarming, unprofessional, unethical and problematic. In fact, according to Chitwood, some of her offensive behavior was contained in text messages that he threatened to hand over to the news media. Then, to reassert his dominance and warn her to stop meddling in his police business, Chitwood told Post: “There is one certified, elected law enforcement professional in this county, and it is not you.” And for good measure, he added: “This will be my last email to you.”
    For those who want to read the e-mails in their entirety, they can be found on the Facebook page ABC Sheriff 2020:
    https://www.facebook.com/abcsheriff2...type=3&theater
    Interesting, juicy stuff, for sure. Now I’m not going to give an opinion on who was right and who was wrong in the Chitwood-Post dust-up. To do that would miss the point. The two evidently have made up. After all, it was in their joint political interests. They shared common goals, like getting rid of the County Manager and trying to undermine Post’s Council colleagues. And Post is doing Chitwood’s bidding by supporting the doomed Amendment 10. The real point here is that Chitwood is a user. He uses people when it serves his personal political agenda and then turns on them and tosses them to the curb like garbage after he’s squeezed all of the selfish benefit he can out of the relationship. Mark my words: Chitwood will kick Heather Post to the curb - again - once he’s gotten everything he needs from her and she is no longer helpful in implementing the Sheriff’s selfish and self-serving agenda. When she does get tossed out with the trash, I won’t feel one bit bad for the grandstanding and opportunistic Post. But when it happens, she will join a very, very long list. Because it eventually happens to everyone who has the misfortune of getting sucked into Chitwood’s orbit. Just one more reason why Chitwood must go in 2020!
    Chity....how dare you attack Heather Hunter Post.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So a recent News-Journal article brought to light an ugly episode in which our mean-spirited, hateful, self-absorbed, bully of a Sheriff called out a fellow elected official in a testy e-mail exchange. Chitwood characteristically hurled insults while launching angry accusations of interference and alarming, unethical and unprofessional behavior. Not so surprising…..until you realize that the target of Chitwood’s verbal assault was his now bosom-buddy and political alter ego, Heather Post. The incident began seemingly innocently enough last July, after Post received a heart-wrenching e-mail from an exasperated constituent fed up with the way DCF was handling a sex abuse case in which the constituent’s young daughter was the victim. Post crossed Chitwood when she reached out to one of the Sheriff’s investigative supervisors to ask if he knew of any victim services to help the family. Mind you, this wasn’t a VCSO case and Post wasn’t seeking sensitive investigative information – just some help for the child victim. That didn’t seem to matter to Chitwood, who apparently was enraged. Chitwood blasted Post in an e-mail, admonishing her for directly contacting one of his employees instead of going to him. Then he pointed out that he was aware of the situation and had already started looking into it. “I received this same email and discussed it w/CID prior to your interference,” Chitwood snapped at Post in an e-mail. In her response, Post told Chitwood that she would welcome the opportunity to discuss issues with him, if only he would respond to her inquiries. Said Post in her reply to Chitwood: “I have contacted you numerous times on varying issues in the last several months and can get no response.” Continuing to stand her ground, Post essentially told Chitwood that she wasn’t going to be pushed around. Here’s another direct quote from her e-mail: “If a citizen contacts me again, I will continue to do my job. This entails inquiring to anyone that I deem necessary to obtain general information from.” Predictably, the response didn’t go over well with Chitwood. He accused Post of lying about a few things. For those unfamiliar with Post’s past, not the first time she has been accused of fudging the truth. Chitwood also told Post that he found some of her behavior to be alarming, unprofessional, unethical and problematic. In fact, according to Chitwood, some of her offensive behavior was contained in text messages that he threatened to hand over to the news media. Then, to reassert his dominance and warn her to stop meddling in his police business, Chitwood told Post: “There is one certified, elected law enforcement professional in this county, and it is not you.” And for good measure, he added: “This will be my last email to you.”
    For those who want to read the e-mails in their entirety, they can be found on the Facebook page ABC Sheriff 2020:
    Interesting, juicy stuff, for sure. Now I’m not going to give an opinion on who was right and who was wrong in the Chitwood-Post dust-up. To do that would miss the point. The two evidently have made up. After all, it was in their joint political interests. They shared common goals, like getting rid of the County Manager and trying to undermine Post’s Council colleagues. And Post is doing Chitwood’s bidding by supporting the doomed Amendment 10. The real point here is that Chitwood is a user. He uses people when it serves his personal political agenda and then turns on them and tosses them to the curb like garbage after he’s squeezed all of the selfish benefit he can out of the relationship. Mark my words: Chitwood will kick Heather Post to the curb - again - once he’s gotten everything he needs from her and she is no longer helpful in implementing the Sheriff’s selfish and self-serving agenda. When she does get tossed out with the trash, I won’t feel one bit bad for the grandstanding and opportunistic Post. But when it happens, she will join a very, very long list. Because it eventually happens to everyone who has the misfortune of getting sucked into Chitwood’s orbit. Just one more reason why Chitwood must go in 2020!
    Three year old news, Mortiturd. What's your point? And how did that whole "Chitwood must go in 2020" work out for you?

Unregistered
    This thread started about the conflict between Chitwood and Heather post. Chitwood told Heather post to back off or else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12